• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

50 Rolls Royce Ghost's To Be Imported

malla

There is rumor going around that 50 Rolls Royce ghost's are being improted.

I know this sounds hard to believe but a permit will be given to top businessman who are close with you know who.

each will cost around 50mn but the condition is that each car has to been give for state use, 2000km per year.

Again.... This is just what i heard

• Like 2

Like in the same way certain 504s and Holden Statesmans were brought in?

'terrabytetango',

Yes, what in you have mentioned on your post was last time same party governed of this country.

Then we did not have enough Foreign exchange. So most of non aligned countries helped in numerous ways for that event to be a success.

Today almost 3 1/2 decades later, things are different. After that event then governing government was defeated, with a unpredicted majority.

Do not know the history will be repeated again. We are enjoying all modern vehicles and gadgets due to newly elected 3 letter new Government.

Today they have come to power with new faces. Plenty of corruption in our country.

Our mother land in no more a paradise.Once called Perl of the Indian ocean. Let all of us hope for the best.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• Like 1

Not exactly like the 504 and Holdens - those were brought in by the government, used for the conference and then sold off. I think this is more like the Law Asia S Classes (18 dash) where they were sold to individuals on the condition that they were used for the Law Asia conference. The cars came in just before the conference so they were brand new at the time of the conference.

Edited by NahoY

Not exactly like the 504 and Holdens - those were brought in by the government, used for the conference and then sold off.

No all the vehicles were given to government departments, Corporations and boards immediately after the summit. Only very few Sastawa cars were sold through CTB. Cars of the range 6 sri 91XX onwards.

MINIACE

• 1 month later...
Not exactly like the 504 and Holdens - those were brought in by the government, used for the conference and then sold off. I think this is more like the Law Asia S Classes (18 dash) where they were sold to individuals on the condition that they were used for the Law Asia conference. The cars came in just before the conference so they were brand new at the time of the conference.

You are talking about the W140 right? why is it called as the Law Asia model?

486048_10151374430176684_1217874305_n.jp

Saw this making its rounds on FB.. Sadly no details or description of it...

Holy freakin faaaaaaq.... :sad-smiley-058: :sad-smiley-058: :sad-smiley-058: :sad-smiley-058: :sad-smiley-058: :sad-smiley-058: :sad-smiley-058: :sad-smiley-058: :sad-smiley-058: :sad-smiley-058: :sad-smiley-058: :sad-smiley-058: :sad-smiley-058: :sad-smiley-058: :sad-smiley-058: :sad-smiley-058: :sad-smiley-058: :sad-smiley-058: :sad-smiley-058: :sad-smiley-058: :sad-smiley-058:

I wonder what will happen to the 'class' part, if somebody in the government decides to allow this for the parliamentarians' permit!

Thats exactly what i was thinking when "Blitz" brought up the permit thing :D