• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying A Sti

akila_9692

Question

Hey Guys,

Okay I'm not sure if I can post this link, but I really need to check this with people who have an idea about this matter.

http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=103209

Is this a original STI? or is it a convert?

The YOM and it being a STI 3 threw me off. Also the back lights aswell.

Waiting to here what you guys have to say.

Cheers.

16 answers to this question

Hey Guys,

Okay I'm not sure if I can post this link, but I really need to check this with people who have an idea about this matter.

http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=103209

Is this a original STI? or is it a convert?

The YOM and it being a STI 3 threw me off. Also the back lights aswell.

Waiting to here what you guys have to say.

Cheers.

Thats an original STI 3. The tail lights could be changed & is not a big deal at all

Edited by Chooti Putha

Sorry for barging in, off topic.. Just wanted to know the current going price of an Impreza STI 9, seen some decent examples for sale, just wanted to justify the price..

Its a fake. The front bumper doesnt match the face. That bumper should have the Crystal light face and the back lights dont match either. The red top also looks painted. Best bet would be to give the chassis Code to the Subaru Dealer. They would be able to tell you straight away.

Except for the rear tail light (should be the white light version) the car seems original to me. and ignore what NZer said about the bumper having Crystal light. STI's come without the huge fog lamps as well.

but the best person to confirm this is forum member NadriquE

Its a fake. The front bumper doesnt match the face. That bumper should have the Crystal light face and the back lights dont match either. The red top also looks painted. Best bet would be to give the chassis Code to the Subaru Dealer. They would be able to tell you straight away.

You cant call it a fake just because the lights have been changed. Many of the older version WRX & STI have changed the lights to the newer crystal lights.

All i know is this is a genuine STI & not a convert.

I meant the YoM in the registration book.

In many cases, customs auctioned vehicles are without many documents. So the YoM in the registration book will be what the customs officers fancy (or what the buyer and them agree upon).

Believe me, I came across an auctioned first-gen Integra with a KN-plate, where the YoM in the book was printed as 1994. Only trouble was the first gen integra ended its production in 88 or 89.

• Like 2

I meant the YoM in the registration book.

In many cases, customs auctioned vehicles are without many documents. So the YoM in the registration book will be what the customs officers fancy (or what the buyer and them agree upon).

Believe me, I came across an auctioned first-gen Integra with a KN-plate, where the YoM in the book was printed as 1994. Only trouble was the first gen integra ended its production in 88 or 89.

:) got it, thanks