• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

R18 Tyres

b4es5

Question

Hi Guys,

Was wondering if any of you knew where to source R18 tyres from? Only place I know of is Autodrome - Bridgestone Potenza's 245/45R18s, which cost Rs. 57,500 each.

This is what I've got at the moment, but the problem is the tyres are a bit too big for the car and was hoping to to go down to 235/35R18s if possible.

Anyway if any of you know a good place which import performance tyres let me know!

Cheers

16 answers to this question

Try calling up the A*W stores at ,Nuge road,Kelaniya and see.They usually have a stock of 17s,18s,19s and other rare sizes of Goodyear.If they refuse sell to you directly,have your local dealer contact them and have them brought down.

Edited by MasterDon

If u run out of luck with what masterdon says u can try Unit#d Mot#rs (yokohama), if they don't have the size they will usually be able to bring it down for u with their next shipment without quoting exorbitant shipping and handling fees

If u run out of luck with what masterdon says u can try Unit#d Mot#rs (yokohama), if they don't have the size they will usually be able to bring it down for u with their next shipment without quoting exorbitant shipping and handling fees

Dunlop stocks are available. I want to find out if this ia good tyre in a local context. Mixed reviews online

Hi Guys,

Was wondering if any of you knew where to source R18 tyres from? Only place I know of is Autodrome - Bridgestone Potenza's 245/45R18s, which cost Rs. 57,500 each.

This is what I've got at the moment, but the problem is the tyres are a bit too big for the car and was hoping to to go down to 235/35R18s if possible.

Anyway if any of you know a good place which import performance tyres let me know!

Cheers

Do not change the size of the tyre haphazardly. First check the compatibility as there could be speedo meter errors, brake failure risks etc etc. here are two links to check compatibilty.

http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=135&aspect=80&diameter=12&wheelwidth=4&offset=50&width2=155&aspect2=70&diameter2=12&wheelwidth2=5.5&offset2=3&Submit=Submit

and

http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Tire-Size-Calculator/245-45R18/245-45R18/235-35R18

Edited by CJ5

i have Dunlop DZ101 225/45/18 which is the stock tyre size on my car. after using it for 3 years i can say that performance and grip is ok. the main issue i have is they are bloody noisy and have grown louder. tyre wear has been ok, but my mileage has been conservative. also the sidewalls are very weak, have brushed a couple of kerbs and have some gashes. unavoidable sadly on the potholed streets of colombo and having low profile tyres. having said that i'd still go for them because they are reasonably priced for 18's.

VWvortex- the car has done around 12,000 kms on the direzzas over the last 3 + years. my only problem is they were a bit noisy at the start and got worse as they aged. i'm guessing they are wearing out unevenly inspite of doing many alignments and having no suspension related issues. i need to replace a pair now because at high speeds on expressway driving, the noise becomes very annoying. wish i could have gone for potenzas.

its still good bang for buck. my friend put a set on his RX8 3 months ago and he has no complaints for now. he too had potenzas and said the dunlops can't compete with them.

thanks RWD. might as well save up for the potenza's know

VWVortex, just to throw a little spanner in the works, I think you should also give some consideration to two wild cards when it comes to performance tyres :) First contender is Avon which has recently started selling tyres in SL and GTAm is already giving them a try. The other is Maxxis, and while it's quite popular because of the price, I (and a few other members of the forum) have given their MA-Z1 a go and found them to be pretty good particularly grip wise. Wear wasn't an issue for me as my car hardly does 5000km a year. I think they don't have MA-Z1 now but have the MA-IPros.

Just a few ideas

VWVortex, just to throw a little spanner in the works, I think you should also give some consideration to two wild cards when it comes to performance tyres :) First contender is Avon which has recently started selling tyres in SL and GTAm is already giving them a try. The other is Maxxis, and while it's quite popular because of the price, I (and a few other members of the forum) have given their MA-Z1 a go and found them to be pretty good particularly grip wise. Wear wasn't an issue for me as my car hardly does 5000km a year. I think they don't have MA-Z1 now but have the MA-IPros.

Just a few ideas

I actually saw Avon tyres being advertised on the paper, but they didn't list the size i need. Will check . Thanks bro

I actually saw Avon tyres being advertised on the paper, but they didn't list the size i need. Will check . Thanks bro

I got my 15 inch MA-Z1s for 12400 a piece and I think I got the last 4 they had in stock! They also have the advantage of protruding over the rims a bit giving it some protection from kerbing. I used Dunlop SPs on the car before and then Falken Ziex's and without a doubt these are the best tyres out of all of them. Having read a few reviews on the IPros, if you can get them for a reasonable price they should be well worth the money! Wear is a bit of an issue with these tyres from what I've read but at the price point and performance it hardly seems an issue.