• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hyundai Accent

dpk

Dear all,

i need some advice/ideas about my second car(to be bought). I'm planning to buy a Hyundai Accent so i need some information regarding

• spare parts availability/cost
  • fuel efficiency
  • resell (i mean not like "SADAOBAMAGE")
  • build quality

previously i had a NISSAN PRESEA (really a good car)My budget is 1.3 mil max

your response is highly appreciated!

• Plenty
  • depends on what capacity avg (10-14)
  • Buy it keep it till you die
  • Lets say CTB buses are better made.

( Know quite few people owning these cars and most of them regret buying them, I would work harder and go for a Jap or keep the nissan.

Edited by Dinukap4

• Plenty

( Know quite few people owning these cars and most of them regret buying them, I would work harder and go for a Jap or keep the nissan.

Bullshit.

While Hyundai accents are not Toyota Corolla in terms of resale value or build quality, they are not as bad as car brokers would like you to think. If in doubt about resale value, call up punchi car sale and ask how many have been sold in the past 2-3 months. Stop talking out of your posterior.

Dear all,

i need some advice/ideas about my second car(to be bought). I'm planning to buy a Hyundai Accent so i need some information regarding

• spare parts availability/cost
  • fuel efficiency
  • resell (i mean not like "SADAOBAMAGE")
  • build quality

previously i had a NISSAN PRESEA (really a good car)My budget is 1.3 mil max

your response is highly appreciated!

The accent isn't a bad car.

* ample spare parts are available for this model. it isn't a issue. even in kandy you get spares for this.

* fuel economy is around 10kmpl average, don't expect it to do around 14kmpl

* The car has a good market value, since its more value for buck, a lot of people tend to buy this car

* the car is a bit too plasticy compared to your old presea. just don't torcher it and you'll be fine.

downside.

* compared to the presea the ride comfort is a bit less

* and its more of a 4 seater than 5,

The Accent (and Kia Rio) is one of the best kept secrets in the market today. You cant find a better bang for buck, and as far as resale value goes, the first owner has already borne the loss through depreciation.

Bullshit.

While Hyundai accents are not Toyota Corolla in terms of resale value or build quality, they are not as bad as car brokers would like you to think. If in doubt about resale value, call up punchi car sale and ask how many have been sold in the past 2-3 months. Stop talking out of your posterior.

I have been to Punchi Car Niwasa y'day and there were couple of Accents and Rios. One of Accents actually got sold while I was there. They were the only reasonable in terms of price tag it seems..

Bullshit.

Well then there are more stupid people than I though thanks for pointing that out.

and as far as resale value goes, the first owner has already borne the loss through depreciation.

True that.

and op have a look at this link-

http://www.cardekho..../Hyundai_Accent

these will do around 14kmp/l it will be like 1st gear 2nd gear are super pickup and then 3,4, and 5th gears will be like a huge turbo lag lol ( thats a idea of fuel saving done by Hyndai)

Edited by Dinukap4

Well then there are more stupid people than I though thanks for pointing that out.

True that.

and op have a look at this link-

http://www.cardekho..../Hyundai_Accent

these will do around 14kmp/l it will be like 1st gear 2nd gear are super pickup and then 3,4, and 5th gears will be like a huge turbo lag lol ( thats a idea of fuel saving done by Hyndai)

I dont think the OP is planning to use the Accent for racing purposes

• Like 1

I dont think the OP is planning to use the Accent for racing purposes

Isn't he ? I Guess not looking at the previous car he owned and I hope he doesn't live near where steep hills are located.

Cheers mate.

Edited by Dinukap4

Isn't he ? I Guess not looking at the previous car he owned and I hope he doesn't live near where steep hills are located.

Cheers mate.

lol get u facts right man. the accent have no problem climbing steap hills.

where are u getting all ur information? top gear?

The problem with the accent is being the base model of Hyundai, they cut corners so the quality of the product isn't that great. This you would get from any review you read of the car. Even when they were originally imported the internals shook as they were held on by paper pins and I'm not sure what about 5-6 years under our sun on our roads have done to these cars.

Having said that, the mechanical parts are policy solid, and they are probably good value for money.

lol get u facts right man. the accent have no problem climbing steap hills.

where are u getting all ur information? top gear?

lmao Come on man, I've driven hyundai's and kia's I really don't want to keep on telling crap about the car so OP buy it :sport-smiley-004: People Its a good car for the value but ask the question will you buy one ?

lmao Come on man, I've driven hyundai's and kia's I really don't want to keep on telling crap about the car so OP buy it :sport-smiley-004:/> People Its a good car for the value but ask the question will you buy one ?

i have used two hyundais in my life. the accent and matrix.

though i personally havent owned the accent (the accent was my moms cars a long time back)

i have driven and ridden them enough.

the engine might be not that gutsy. but its fare for our roads. and being in hill country i can garuntee that it can go on steap hills.

the only prob for me is the cheap plasticky interior.

i have used two hyundais in my life. the accent and matrix.

though i personally havent owned the accent (the accent was my moms cars a long time back)

i have driven and ridden them enough.

the engine might be not that gutsy. but its fare for our roads. and being in hill country i can garuntee that it can go on steap hills.

the only prob for me is the cheap plasticky interior.

So you had a manual yeah ? I've driven my relatives while I had to stay there for months It took ages to shift in the auto in fact I had to turn the a/c off to over take a another car or the engine keeps on screaming with out any go.

Edited by Dinukap4

So you had a manual yeah ? I've driven my relatives while I had to stay there for months It took ages to shift in the auto in fact I had to turn the a/c off to over take a another car or the engine keeps on screaming with out any go.

auto and it does change gear on 3000+ revs. and thats the main reason why it wont give big fuel figures.

and about spares. my moms a very bad driver. so finding spares that time was not so hard.

i still say OP go for it. its not the best carm but its value for buck.

Did you ever consider the fact that you might have driven a 1300CC and Schiffer might have used a 1500?

The accent is not a bad car at all. as long as as the car has been well maintained, there wont be a issue, if not the frequent messes would be either the sensors will go bust, which are available to buy brand new. prices of parts are relatively high unlike japanese since few people bring it down, but overall, the car is worth the money. ive had a automatic 1.5 accent, it does about 8-10kmp/l.

Hi machan,

you can but an accent 2001 for this amount. i have used this car for about 3 years ago. please see my comment on 4 points u have raised.

- there are enough spare parts dealers (Asian international near gamini hall, Ajantha motars (Kandy n COlombo, Maruchi at WIjerama). Spare parts are really cheaper compare to jap:

- Buy a manual car and do a good tune up (macro technologies is the best). it wil go up to 15km per liter

- Nothing to worry. I sold my car keeping 1.4 laks

- Steady car, but not hardy like japanese cars

Actually its bette than presea.

• 6 years later...
On 11/26/2012 at 1:54 PM, Dinukap4 said:

• Plenty

???... Don't get advices from these kind of 'siyalladath' guys who haven't used a accent. We have hyundai accent 1.3,2001,manual one. It is comfortable than any of indian cars including swift beetle.it has very good space in interior and trunk. Very good running. Good handling and good acceleration. Anyone willing to expect the comfotability of 2M car from 1.2M car...... What to say???