• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Kia Sorento Vs Montero Sports

fizz

Hi guys,

I would love to buy one of the two vehicles in it's class, kindly clarify me the Comfort, pickup, fuel, resale value and the current market prices.

Heard that permit vehicles could be transfered to our name immediately, is this true.

Hope to hear from you genius..

Sorento is a nice vehicle with better road manners and greater fuel economy than the Monty because it is a much more modern design.

However because it has a smaller capacity common rail diesel engine with a pretty high output, the motor is more stressed than the old lump in the Monty and thus will probably not last as long. The Sport also has a better ride, the sorrento can be a bit harsh.The sport will be way better off road because it has a proper separate chassis and a selectable 4WD system with low range as well as better ground clearance.

Monty sport will probably have slightly better second hand value in the long term, but that remains to be seen.

Overall the Sorrento is the more capable vehicle on road while the monty sport is better off road and probably a better bet if you're keeping it for awhile.

...will probably not last as long. The Sport also has a better ride, the sorrento can be a bit harsh.The sport will be way better off road because it has a proper separate chassis and a selectable 4WD system with low range as well as better ground clearance.

I hope you have steeled yourself to answer what a low range is. Surprising how many people need an explanation as to why there are two gear levers and things like that...

Sorento while not fantastic is miles ahead imo. The Mitsu is crude and out dated by comparison by some margin. Don't forget Mitsu is struggling to survive and have no money to develop new platforms to replace their antiquated ones. Kia on the other hand is a thriving brand.

@Supra I'm surprised you find the ride better. One of my clients bought one recently despite my warnings and his words were "it's a truck" and has sold it since. I have not driven the current one but the previous one was indeed a truck.

Sorento while not fantastic is miles ahead imo. The Mitsu is crude and out dated by comparison by some margin. Don't forget Mitsu is struggling to survive and have no money to develop new platforms to replace their antiquated ones. Kia on the other hand is a thriving brand.

@Supra I'm surprised you find the ride better. One of my clients bought one recently despite my warnings and his words were "it's a truck" and has sold it since. I have not driven the current one but the previous one was indeed a truck.

Its better in terms of isolation from bumps than the sorrento, which is on the stiff side especially with the larger wheel option. The monty is a mess when it comes to handling, it simply doesn't...

• 2 years later...
How to find If 2011 Sorento is 2wd or 4wd regardless of petrol or diesel ??

eg ; Chassie Number

fender ??

Thanxx in advance,

Nissan CDJ

Does this count? :P

131_9802_40_o%2B131_9802_1998_4x4_of_the

• Like 1

How to find If 2011 Sorento is 2wd or 4wd regardless of petrol or diesel ??

eg ; Chassie Number

fender ??

Thanxx in advance,

Nissan CD

Look under the skirt machang... its amazing what a peek under the skirt reveals.

the sorento im referring to doesnt have a skirt to peek out :sarcastic_hand: so please be kind on this matter and suggest me a way to find it

You really do miss the obvious things don't you? Look underneath the vehicle and see if there is a driveshaft running to the rear wheels. The 2WD sorrentos won't have that.

Obviously there is an AWD badge that is usually on the front fender (or door, not sure) but I suppose that could be added to fool the gullible. There also should be some sort of 4WD lock button on the dashboard.

Sorrento all the way.. I use a 2011 diesel AWD with almost 55,000kms and haven't had a single issue expect for frequent change of break disks. (I always use super diesel)

It is great to drive long distance. Overtaking is a joy due to the powerful engine.

On other countries the company gives 7 years warranty for these cars.

Sorrento all the way.. I use a 2011 diesel AWD with almost 55,000kms and haven't had a single issue expect for frequent change of break disks. (I always use super diesel)

It is great to drive long distance. Overtaking is a joy due to the powerful engine.

On other countries the company gives 7 years warranty for these cars.

I think you mean brake PADS.

This brake pad eating issue seem to be common for all Hyundai and Kia SUVs.

I think the issue is dirving style (accelorate and brake hard constantly), being an auto and a softer compound on the brake pads which is slightly easier on the disks (to make the discs last longer as they are more expensive to replace).

A friend recently bought pads of a brand named PAGID from the UK for his Tucson back home as he wanted to try something other than the genuine Hyundai pads which has the same issue.

We have a hyundai santafe manual which has run for around 65 000km,

never changed the pads,

in the last service when i asked to check them they told that there was enough meat for another 15 000km or more.

But it's driven kind of smoothly and not in the Colombo traffic.

We have a hyundai santafe manual which has run for around 65 000km,

never changed the pads,

in the last service when i asked to check them they told that there was enough meat for another 15 000km or more.

But it's driven kind of smoothly and not in the Colombo traffic.

:speechless-smiley-003::speechless-smiley-003::speechless-smiley-003::speechless-smiley-003::speechless-smiley-003::speechless-smiley-003::speechless-smiley-003: