• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car With Ample Luggage Space Below 2.2 Million / Nissan Wingroad Models

The Stig

Question

Hey guys long time no see :)

So like the topic says im in need of a car that has some decent luggage space as i am doing a lot of traveling these days and am also carrying a lot of display items back and forth from exhibitions.

My budget is maxed out at 2.2 Million, even 2.2 is a long stretch so would prefer if i could find a car below 2 Million.

Currently the only car that comes to my mind is the Nissan wingroad WFY11, any other suggestions ?

Also i want to know the difference between the Y11,VY11 and the WFY11 ?

I saw some ads that have mentioned things like "G grade" , i didnt know that nissan had grades like that ? If so true what are the grades and what are the differences ?

:alc:

toyota corolla wagon ee108,toyota caldina,nissan avenir avenir and caldina have more boot space than ee108 and Y11 but both caldina and avenir doesn't have the looks. :) and as VVTi said a van might be more suitable for you btw what kind of roads you are driving mostly stiggy e.g smooth A roads or full of potholes B roads?.

with your requirement i guess

caldina and ee108 corolla G/L Touring fits you.(You travel far ,

believe me any

retard mechanic might handle above two If in a failure)

If caldina , go for second generation at-2** series One, with rear individual suspension.not the leaf springs.i've seen few on sale and it looks more buff than usual caldina 190 series.space is ample.and it shares all mechanicals with popular carina 2** series if i remember correct.

If 108- go for L Or G touring (G is the highest grade).

Other varieties come with rear leaf springs , i must say it bounce like hell on E01 with leaf springs.

Corolla wagon diesel varieties are so common with Non turbo 2C engine. I must say it sucks in acceleration.

Most are with hampered odometers and mechanical niggles as usually used by el cheapos . While caldina 190 series comes with 2C-turbo engine which you find NO difference in acceleration as per with average petrol corolla.

I don't know much about nissan wingroad.

When selecting a toyota wagon main factor is, that there are 2 varieties

1-commercial van (meant to carry goods with rear bench seat and leaf springs, few options, poor sound proofing)

2-station wagon. (meant to carry people as a car , rear shocks , headrest seats, decent options than above version, better sound proofing, different interior trim,and diapragm at boot which separate the upper and lower compartments as needed.)

the above is seen among any series such as corolla/caldina/feilder.

Edited by chan5

Hey guys long time no see :)

So like the topic says im in need of a car that has some decent luggage space as i am doing a lot of traveling these days and am also carrying a lot of display items back and forth from exhibitions.

My budget is maxed out at 2.2 Million, even 2.2 is a long stretch so would prefer if i could find a car below 2 Million.

Currently the only car that comes to my mind is the Nissan wingroad WFY11, any other suggestions ?

Also i want to know the difference between the Y11,VY11 and the WFY11 ?

I saw some ads that have mentioned things like "G grade" , i didnt know that nissan had grades like that ? If so true what are the grades and what are the differences ?

:alc:

May I also suggest a Proton Impian/Waja

Comes way below 2.2 (around 1.8 or so for a 2007 or later model)

Very comfortable for long rides

and I once managed to fit a fairly large computer table inside the boot of it. that should give u an indication of boot space

I got one of those 'elephant back' corolla diesel wagons to do my site runs and to ease the workload on the cab.I even lug around 3-5 cement bags on it.Loving the fuel economy,ruggedness and the ease of maintainance.And the 2C is a pretty gutsy motor aswell...You can pick up a G numbered one for around 1.7mil.

• Like 2

well.

• Toyoto Corolla EE111 G touring
  • Toyota Caldina Diesel
  • Nissan Avenier
  • Subaru imprezza wagon
  • Mitsubishi Space wagon

all the above cars have good luggage space, and you can find one under your budget as well.

I got one of those 'elephant back' corolla diesel wagons to do my site runs and to ease the workload on the cab.I even lug around 3-5 cement bags on it.Loving the fuel economy,ruggedness and the ease of maintainance.And the 2C is a pretty gutsy motor aswell...You can pick up a G numbered one for around 1.7mil.

had a chance today, to look at corolla wagon and caldina 190 side by side.

If OP'S Requirement is space, caldina wins it, about 1 feet more than corolla.visible significant difference.i guess the built quality is same for both and.

Both are not good looking imho...

Im fairly certain you'll be able to negotiate this down to within budget.... there isn't much demand for these things, and it's basically a Skyline underneath!

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=100145

Other options are a big old Volvo wagon, or even the saloon really since they have huge boots and are pretty cheap.

You should look at the Merc W124 as well because you can pick up a good one for well under budget if it's a petrol and leave the rest of the cash in the bank to run it.

Im fairly certain you'll be able to negotiate this down to within budget.... there isn't much demand for these things, and it's basically a Skyline underneath!

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=100145

Other options are a big old Volvo wagon, or even the saloon really since they have huge boots and are pretty cheap.

You should look at the Merc W124 as well because you can pick up a good one for well under budget if it's a petrol and leave the rest of the cash in the bank to run it.

if OP Is travelling away from city, say remote areas,

Guess , it's good he stick with mainstream car, in case of breakdown it would come handy, because most of mechanics in remote areas don't know a thing about euros.and parts should i mention.

In case of urban level travels, it's not an issue at all.

My 2 cents

• Like 1

if OP Is travelling away from city, say remote areas,

Guess , it's good he stick with mainstream car, in case of breakdown it would come handy, because most of mechanics in remote areas don't know a thing about euros.and parts should i mention.

In case of urban level travels, it's not an issue at all.

My 2 cents

I'm pretty sure OP knows the mechanical side of cars very well, so he wouldn't worry too much about mechanics in remote areas.

• Like 1

I vote for a Corolla wagon if you want peace of mind. Like MD said, they're great work horses and they have tons of parts. Since travel is a major aspect I'm assuming you want to keep downtime to a minimum. They're also easy to get rid of when the time comes. Also consider the Y10 AD Wagon, which are even cheaper.

Thanks for the replies guys, will take everything into consideration when it comes to the final decision making.

Since you guys took so much time to reply to this i feel a bit guilty for not mentioning all the details, sorry about that :(

Anyway things that i forgot to mention was that 100% fuel cost will be bared by the company so no need to worry about that and no need to go for a diesel. Basically to explain my situation i will be doing a lot of field visits outstations and will be transporting expensive items personally to mostly exhibitions from the showroom (colombo 10 to bmich) as i would much rather do it myself than to hand it over to some delivery guy. Also i dont need to go below 20, my upper limit is 2.2 anything around 2-2.2 i can bare easily.

Van? :)

Or a D/Cab with a 'Carry' Boy?

toyota corolla wagon ee108,toyota caldina,nissan avenir avenir and caldina have more boot space than ee108 and Y11 but both caldina and avenir doesn't have the looks. :) and as VVTi said a van might be more suitable for you btw what kind of roads you are driving mostly stiggy e.g smooth A roads or full of potholes B roads?.

Van wont do guys, i personally dont like them and most importantly my ride needs to look a bit decent cause i dont want to be seen as a "delivery guy" :)

with your requirement i guess

caldina and ee108 corolla G/L Touring fits you.(You travel far ,

believe me any

retard mechanic might handle above two If in a failure)

If caldina , go for second generation at-2** series One, with rear individual suspension.not the leaf springs.i've seen few on sale and it looks more buff than usual caldina 190 series.space is ample.and it shares all mechanicals with popular carina 2** series if i remember correct.

If 108- go for L Or G touring (G is the highest grade).

Other varieties come with rear leaf springs , i must say it bounce like hell on E01 with leaf springs.

Corolla wagon diesel varieties are so common with Non turbo 2C engine. I must say it sucks in acceleration.

Most are with hampered odometers and mechanical niggles as usually used by el cheapos . While caldina 190 series comes with 2C-turbo engine which you find NO difference in acceleration as per with average petrol corolla.

I don't know much about nissan wingroad.

When selecting a toyota wagon main factor is, that there are 2 varieties

1-commercial van (meant to carry goods with rear bench seat and leaf springs, few options, poor sound proofing)

2-station wagon. (meant to carry people as a car , rear shocks , headrest seats, decent options than above version, better sound proofing, different interior trim,and diapragm at boot which separate the upper and lower compartments as needed.)

the above is seen among any series such as corolla/caldina/feilder.

well.

• Toyoto Corolla EE111 G touring
  • Toyota Caldina Diesel
  • Nissan Avenier
  • Subaru imprezza wagon
  • Mitsubishi Space wagon

all the above cars have good luggage space, and you can find one under your budget as well.

Mazda Familia BJ5W

Thanks guys, will take them all into consideration.

I vote for a Corolla wagon if you want peace of mind. Like MD said, they're great work horses and they have tons of parts. Since travel is a major aspect I'm assuming you want to keep downtime to a minimum. They're also easy to get rid of when the time comes. Also consider the Y10 AD Wagon, which are even cheaper.

Corolla wagon is definitely an option but the y10 i feel is bit too old, like mentioned above not exactly looking for the cheepest one just want the right balance :D

http://www.autolanka...d.asp?ID=100145

dunno machan, was mostly looking for something a bit more mainstream but thanks anyway :)

Edited by The Stig

Also i was offered a forester for 2.3 by a friend, is it worth giving it a try ?

BTW no one knows the difference between "Y11,VY11 and the WFY11" ?

The Forester is a really good buy, but it wont be in the same league when it comes to maintenance as the Corolla and Nissan wagons. This might be a consideration if you are taking the vehicle outstation a lot.

But it will be the one I'll go for :)

Also i was offered a forester for 2.3 by a friend, is it worth giving it a try ?

Y11 is the basic name of it.

WFY11 chassis carry the 1.5ltr engine

then there is

WHY11 which carryies a 1.8ltr engine

and WPY11 which carries the diesel engine in the wingroad series.

oh and the WPY11 comes with a CVT tranny

Edited by Schiffer

Damn, I completely forgot the Forester! Like the don said, not quite as mainstream but it's the one to go for. Especially if its an sTurbo or an XT with a manual gearbox! Ask VVti how much he likes his....

also just to add a point.

if your gonna take a heavy load, the best options are the EE100 series and the Caldina

since both of them comes with leaf springs.

to be precise , corolla except G/L touring and caldina except CZ-turbo trim levels, others come with rear leaf springs.but caldina is more spacious.

Hey guys so another change in direction for me :speechless-smiley-004:

I came across a good specimen of a Pug 307. Car is in superb condition and i know the owner personally.

He said its 1.8Mil but i think i can get it for around 1.7 range. Its an auto manumatic 1.6L car with the YOM of 2002.

There is a bit of a steering rack end noise, as far as i can tell thats the only issue with it. What do you think ?

is it worth it if i can get it for 1.7 ?

any know issues on this particular model ?

Also how much will it cost me to repair the rack end ?

Are parts for this model rare or costly ?

Please let me know guys, im kinda in love with this car :)