• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Modified 11 Sri Car

DNP

Sharing because I searched the forum but couldn't find the story of this car:

The Story Quoted from his website ($ud@[email protected]):

I was born in Elpitiya in Galle district. As a teenager I came to Colombo to work in a motor garage at Wallawatte. It was known as the Bennet Garage where I first had the basic training in motor mechanism. Over the years I gathered experience and became quite skillful in this trade. In 1990 I left that garage and worked in a few other places.

In 1996 that is 12 years ago I was able to open my own motor garage which is today known as $ud@th @uto Engin33rs. Soon I realized that I could use my knowledge and experience for the experimenting in modification of vehicles. It began with fitting what is known as Body Kits to vehicles.

I had a Mitsubishi Lancer car (11-9469) which I planned to modify. Using fiber glass material the body of the car was modified. Many features were added to the car but unfortunately it met with an accident and was badly damaged. Though I was involved in that accident my life was saved miraculously.

After a period of two years the thought came to me that I should rebuild this car. It was planned for a period of time and myself decided upon the design and started the work. One special feature was that the doors of the car were to open upwards. It was a quite a task to make this car a unique one in Sri Lanka.

I am a father of 3 sons. My eldest son who is 18 years old helped me with innovative ideas. I used the best quality material and parts available in the world. Today this car looks really grand and it turns heads all way as it moves on the road. The colour combination that is used and the superior quality paint has made it very attractive. I had to use a lot of resources to complete the job.

If any one is interested in such a car I would be happy to undertake to do it again. I have a great self satisfaction in doing this work and consider building such a unique car a great victory one who supported me in this endeavour.

The original car (Mitsubishi Lancer A72):

old%20car.JPG

old%20car1.JPG

After his first modification:

before%20acc.JPG

After meeting with the accident:

after%20acci.JPG

• Like 1

Quote "Today this car looks really grand and it turns heads all way as it moves on the road. The colour combination that is used and the superior quality paint has made it very attractive"

sigh!!!

Edited by Simplelife

I have a different way of looking at this.

Despite my taste and judging by almost all posts on this thread seems to lie elsewhere... whoever the owner of this car, put a lot of heartache, money, time and effort into building these things.

They have horrible design taste but you gotta appreciate the sheer effort to get something like this done. We all know how hard it is to get something simple done here.

So i'd say kudos to the effort! Just wish they had the exposure to learn about proper styling

+1, exactly what I was thinking..

Bad taste in terms of styling, but who knows, perhaps the work is of good quality.. Besides, if he has done all the work himself, it`s far better than offering a pile of cash to some fibre-glass modify guru to ruin a car for you.. :D

With a bit more conservative bumper, the front wont look that bad at all..

I actually agree with Mr Cat and Ripper. The design is not to my taste, but the man has some ability and talent and has done something purely using his skills and local resources.

Now if our so called local car manufacturer was able to do half of this rather than depending on knock down kits, then perhaps we'll actually get some industry established in this country.

And while I would not want to modify any car I own in this particular way I can see his skills being useful particularly in fabricating parts that are no longer in manufacture and difficult to find.

ahahaha god bless our Ripper malli,always finds something nice to say about everything. :P

But I sort of agree with him.Only the people who've gone through with such a project know what an agonising ordeal it is .I had a close look at it when it showed up to a AL get together and it was neatly done indeed....Then again I shudder to think what kind of mentality this person has in order to create such a monstrosity.Any Idea if this guy lives near Kahawatte?If so I bet he is the serial killer.

• Like 3

I'm still not a fan of the car's styling. But what changes my opinion is the story. The car is part of his life and has grown and evolved with him. Most of us come from pretty similar backgrounds and have grown up almost the same way.. this guy's different.. If his story was a thread on AL (without the photos), I would admire it as much as the other running stories like the MG, Integra, KE71, E34 and all.. Most of us come from pretty similar backgrounds and have grown up almost the same way.. this guy's different..

But had this been done by D&m!nd@ all he would be talking about is how the spoiler creates downforce or the extra vents give ventilation or some other engineering "sounding" BS and try to show he's the maxxa man.

• Like 4

im sorry, i know it might have been his profession and his project with his son and everything,

but if he really loved that car, he wouldn't have done this to his car.

as a previous lancer owner this disgust me.

The effing thing has a spoiler on top of a spoiler.. ITS RAPE...

its Biriyani in the ricing world.

• Like 1

im sorry, i know it might have been his profession and his project with his son and everything,

I'm not defending his taste, or what he's done to the car at all, in fact, its quite disturbing on so many levels. But what I and the others feel is that he did LOVE his car, and made something that was in his mind a thing of beauty. The chances are if he had the right exposure (as what ripper said) he would have created something a lot more tasteful. Yes it is the definition of rice, but the story alone tells us that he did this because he had a passion for his car. The same cannot be said for all the other cars that - as soon as landing in the country - are carted off for "improvements" with massive body kits, silencers and more holes than a colander.

We're not saying that the styling is any better, its the roots that set this monstrosity apart. :)

Edited by esdeez
  • Like 4

well... the story indeed is touching... cant belive i actually said the word touching.. anyways there is no doubt the man has the skills to do a lot more than this frankenstien project... but each to his own.. with proper direction i am sure this guy can do a lot better than Dumi##a....

• Like 1

I feel your pain dude...lol...but the scale of the project is to be admired.Its not one of those 'I changed the carpets of my car and posted photos online to get likes and let other people know I'm a petrolhead' projects which we see all too often these days...

Wonder why people are giving you negative rep though,it was just your opinion.

Edited by MasterDon
  • Like 3

What this guy needs is a crash course in aesthetics and restraint. If he had stopped with the first 1/3rd of the body it may have looked half decent. He has simply gone way over the top. However his craftsmanship (not design) is quite neat compared to other local "Chip Fooses".

The other big problem is that the look of the new car is totally out of sync with the donor car, which is a real shame. He should have made his design a 70's car not this 90's mish mash. Looking at this car most people will expect it to perform like a 90's sports car and it obviously will not be able to. I dread to think what it would feel like. Very creaky I would guess.

But hey who knows there could be many people who think this to be a brilliant design and given him a load of praise and recognition. You know what they say....."One man's poison is another man's food" :)