• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vehicle Duty Increased In The Budget

ramithad

Bullsh*t.

This is not a report about the budget speech or about a government circular, but a report about what "Mahinda Sarathchandra the chairman of the Vehicle Importers’ Association" said.

In one sentence he says "The Excise Duty on all vehicles had gone up by between Rs.200,000 and Rs.500,000"

but the rest of the report talks about cars less than 1000CC, vans and trucks. There's no mention about cars more than 1000CC.

Reading between the lines, what I can see is that the car salesmen are just trying to say that taxes for <1000CC cars have increased so we will also increase the price of >1000CC cars!

Did you watch the video at the bottom of that article .In the video he says "all vehicles under 1000cc had gone up" and talks about HS codes changes and rest of the video he acts like the Government spokesman. That report and graphic is confusing.

Edited by hyacc

Did you watch the video at the bottom of that article .In the video he says "all vehicles under 1000cc had gone up" and talks about HS codes changes and rest of the video he acts like the Government spokesman. That report and graphic is confusing.

No. couldn't be bothered watching the video, especially after reading that nonsensical report. The bottom line is it seems car salesmen are trying to jack up the prices of 1000CC+ cars also.

import duty portion of suzuki maruti and alto cars are around 2 laks. therefore those cars increased by more than 5 laks. my other information related to van duty hike is also correct. you will get to know this very soon and most of the poeple wouldnt beilve it since RAJA'S MEDIA didnt publish that.

I agree with your figures, car sales guys will increase by rupees not related to percentages, and revenue licence up too, they always hit the middle class and lower guys struggling to maintain a decent standard of living. by repairing and running these old cars at a price!

Today - source - http://www.lankabusinessonline.com/fullstory.php?nid=578931081

Vehicle Taxes 1 Comment(s)

15 Nov, 2012 08:26:30

By Jayantha Kovilagodage

Sri Lanka truck, small car prices up after budget

Nov 15, 2012 (LBO) - Prices of small cars may go up by 200,000 and trucks by about 400,000, and three wheelers by about 25,000 following tax changes announced in the budget, industry officials said.

The price of a truck may go up by about 400,000 depending on the weight head of Ceylon Motor Traders' Association Tilak Gunasekera said. Trucks range from 5 to 20 tonnes.

Trucks had a 7 percent port and airport levy and nation building tax. The budget had imposed a 15 percent excise duty raising taxes to 22 percent. Compared to trucks however, cars are taxed at a much higher rate.

The price of a small car may go up by 200,000 rupees, he said.

Some of the cheapest small cars in the market include an Indian made Maruti and the Tata Nano.

Reginald Heyzer sales Manager of A*W said the price of an 800cc engine Maruti may go up by over 100,000 rupees and an Alto model by about 75,500 rupees.

The prices of larger cars will remain stable as they already pay over 750,000 in taxes, under the rules announced in the tax change, Gunasekera said.

The price of a three wheeler may go up by about 25,000 rupees.

Update II

NEWS FOR THE PEOPLE DO NOT BELIVE MY NEWS. BUT MEDIA IS TOO LATE

http://www.dailymirr...s-going-up.html

Some of the cheapest small cars in the market include an Indian made Maruti and the Tata Nano.

Reginald Heyzer sales Manager of A*W said the price of an 800cc engine Maruti may go up by over 100,000 rupees and an Alto model by about 75,500 rupees.

Hehehe.. I got to know something interesting today. Racing cars can be imported by racers and car sale owners (racers) or anyone holding a racing license. And next you need to get a special request letter from the ministry of sports to enable to bring down the required car for racing purpose. It was also added saying that these cars cannot be registered or driven on road. This is what is been spreading today. Don't know what will spread tomorrow.

Hehehe.. I got to know something interesting today. Racing cars can be imported by racers and car sale owners (racers) or anyone holding a racing license. And next you need to get a special request letter from the ministry of sports to enable to bring down the required car for racing purpose. It was also added saying that these cars cannot be registered or driven on road. This is what is been spreading today. Don't know what will spread tomorrow.

That's because its not far from the truth. the exemption is for race cars and its astonishing just how many idiots out there think any fast car is a race car. This is probably the process they have to follow and the cars imported will definitely stay non road legal. So its about time people actually opened their eyes and realized how this works without making statements that make them look stupid.

I'm not pro government but I approve of this because I believe it will greatly help the development of the local motorsport scene and create more serious tuners.

• Like 2

The Atom V8 is the one which is 100k+ pounds.The basic car with the Honda Vtec engine goes for something like 20000 pounds second hand in the UK.Amazing value if you consider the performance it gives.

AND that engine is well known among the racers and tuners. So real possibility of a class?

AND that engine is well known among the racers and tuners. So real possibility of a class?

Yes very much so...

and furthermore I'd have the Vtec over them heavy V8s anyway cos the power delivery is much smoother and will suit out short twisty race circuits.

• Like 2

The Atom V8 is the one which is 100k+ pounds.The basic car with the Honda Vtec engine goes for something like 20000 pounds second hand in the UK.Amazing value if you consider the performance it gives.

20,000 quid for a second hand Atom? Impossible bro. Checked it there, most likely 30,000.

20,000 quid for a second hand Atom? Impossible bro. Checked it there, most likely 30,000.

Obviously you checked in the wrong places.And Googling doesn't count....I sent one of my mates in the UK scavenging for parts for my Jaguar and MG.While doing those rounds was offered two Atoms at 19000 and 22000 pounds among many Caterham 7s.Westfields and Radicals

• Like 2