• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vehicle Duty Increased In The Budget

ramithad

Today i got to know that vehicle duty on reconditioned vans has incresed by revision of XID.

patrol van duty has increased by around 2-2.5 laks and diesel van duty has increased by 4-4.5 laks.

eariler we got to know indian KEI car duty increase by around 5 laks due to 7.5 laks lower limit in XID.

import duty portion of suzuki maruti and alto cars are around 2 laks. therefore those cars increased by more than 5 laks. my other information related to van duty hike is also correct. you will get to know this very soon and most of the poeple wouldnt beilve it since RAJA'S MEDIA didnt publish that.

• Like 1

still i havn't get the HS code. Today morning i get the XID change for the patrol vans that includes buddy vans. old xid was 56. new XID is 70. buddy vans will be increased at least from 2 laks. this is valid for all patrol vans from buddy vans to up toyota hiace and nissan caravan. diesel vans has incrseased too.

In some ways its getting easy to guess what will be reduced in Somalia's Sri Lankas budget in the future.

Say for example, if the one of putha's girlfriends wanted gold encrusted Rolls Royce for her personal use, we know that the next budget will reduce the price of Gold encrusted Rolls Royce

So all we have to do is make a list of all the whims and fancies of the royal family and wait until the next budget to buy it

• Like 2

Looks like they have made a fruit salad this time... According to a clearing agent nothing is currently in operation in Customs Vehicle section. (Bcs of HSCODE Confusions)

I have checked with a friend who cleared a buddy van last April

HSCODE : 8704.31.71 XID : 56%

According to latest .pdf published on Custom site new XID is 41% for 8704.31.71 ... Which means a drop....

Total Confusion ....

Bullsh*t.

This is not a report about the budget speech or about a government circular, but a report about what "Mahinda Sarathchandra the chairman of the Vehicle Importers’ Association" said.

In one sentence he says "The Excise Duty on all vehicles had gone up by between Rs.200,000 and Rs.500,000"

but the rest of the report talks about cars less than 1000CC, vans and trucks. There's no mention about cars more than 1000CC.

Reading between the lines, what I can see is that the car salesmen are just trying to say that taxes for <1000CC cars have increased so we will also increase the price of >1000CC cars!

• Like 1

Bullsh*t.

This is not a report about the budget speech or about a government circular, but a report about what "Mahinda Sarathchandra the chairman of the Vehicle Importers’ Association" said.

In one sentence he says "The Excise Duty on all vehicles had gone up by between Rs.200,000 and Rs.500,000"

but the rest of the report talks about cars less than 1000CC, vans and trucks. There's no mention about cars more than 1000CC.

Reading between the lines, what I can see is that the car salesmen are just trying to say that taxes for <1000CC cars have increased so we will also increase the price of >1000CC cars!

True that! and howcome racing cars has a 30% duty when those are suppose to excepted from taxes?... pretty confusing report i should say....

Edited by Simplelife
  • Like 1