• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Peugeot 406 D9 Spare Parts Availability

Lalith Dias

Hi members,

Planning to buy a D9 Executive and did some research in the forum. Some friends are advising me that it is not possible to get some spares easily like gear box.

1. They say you have to wait till more than few weeks. Is it true ?

2. Is it necessary to show the car to a mechanic before buy the car ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi members,

Planning to buy a D9 Executive and did some research in the forum. Some friends are advising me that it is not possible to get some spares easily like gear box.

When someone is buying a car, every friend becomes an overnight car expert and try to 'help' and 'advice'. It's always best to ignore these 'advices'. Otherwise you will eventually end up buying a Toyota Corolla

Most of the spares are locally available. There may be one or two bits that need to be imported. Again Toyota Corollas and Sunnys will probably be the only cars which you can find every little thing locally. The gearbox issue is a known issue, so I'm sure at least one of the Peugeot experts stock the repair kit.

By 'mechanic', if you mean one of those 'friends' you were talking about, then don't bother. Don't bother taking the neighborhood mechanic too. If you can get someone who exclusively handles peugeots, that will be a good person to show the car to. There are only 3 or 4 people in Sri Lanka though.

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 2

Hi members,

Thanks in advance.

Best car in that price bracket.

Search the forum, it has been discussed to depth.

Parts -available, but very rare bits might have to be imported, it's easy, straight forward process.

Gearbox , -you might be talking about AL4? Avoid the auto tranny, go for manual. Matter solved.

Mechanic-don't bring your next door uneducated baas to inspect peugeot,

there are very few mechanics in sri lanka who does possess that skill and knowledge.

Know one personally, a very decent individual works for agents,might cost you few thousand bucks.

Well worth ,if you're new to car Things,specially euros.

Go for it. . . . .

A decent car...

Edited by chan5
  • Like 1

There's a guy named Aruna who has a garage close to Koswatta junction (on a by-road named Gehan Road).

Another guy named Lalith ( I think) has his garage in pelawatta (named French Lion Motors), close to buddhadasa stadium.

I have no personal experience on both of them but I am aware that they specialize in Pugs. Perhaps if you search (search by Aruna or French Lion Motors), you might find a lot of feedback about them.

• 2 years later...
Hi i see a red liquid leaking from my peaugeot 406 GLX. Should i be worried? What sort of a trouble im in?

Thanks in advance guys!

BR

Yes you should.

Is it a watery one or an oily one ?

• 1 year later...