• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Vios Lower Arm Bush

jayashantha12345

Question

My dear Friend.

I searched in autolanka regarding a good place to replace my toyota vios lower arm bush. but didnt get a good post. so i started new topic.

I recently went to MegCity Ambatenna for service. and after they inspect under the car, they told to Lower arm bush have to be replaced soon. SO i thought to replace ti. but the problem is I dnt knw a palce to do it. .

could you Please let me know place where I can replace with this reliable manner. these days I am around Piliyandala and i like to know a place around Piliyandala ( around colombo is okk) . further any good places in Kandy also will be easy for me.

so as AL members always gave me good recommendation, this time too I hope it.

Thank you.

Your replies highly appriciated.

Raveendra.

23 answers to this question

I do not want to recommend a place. Others in the AL forum will do it for you I am sure. But it is always advisable to get your wheel alignment checked after changing the bush, and hence it will be more convenient if you can select a place where you can get both jobs done at the same time.

Come on . . Relax first.

Replacing the lower arm bush is just straight forward job.

Can be done at any simple garage with average mechanic.

Search the internet and find the part number,( it's some 10 digit number).just because some idiots in auto shops ask

for samples.

Usually any shop might give the bush for you without part number, it's so common car.so no

worries ,just ask for VIOS lower arm bush.

There are various brands..

This's the order from low quality to high..

1-Jaapa

2-Rocky,

3-RBI

4-TZK

5-TOYOTA GENUINE(comes with arm itself as i remember-"not sure" )

toyota genuine is utterly expensive, try find japan brand and it would do the job(TZK).average RBI(Thai) is everywher.

Remove both arms, take it to lathe work, remove existing bush and replace new. (don't allow the garage Mechanic to use hammer for that job)

AFTER the the job, do a wheel alignment too.

Total cost with alignment+labour+bushes will be around 5k.

You're ready to drive....

(there's no such hurry as your garage mentioned,)

side note- AVOID "MAG SHITTY" at any cost.

Edited by chan5

Come on . . Relax first.

Replacing the lower arm bush is just straight forward job.

Can be done at any simple garage with average mechanic.

Search the internet and find the part number,( it's some 10 digit number).just because some idiots in auto shops ask

for samples.

Usually any shop might give the bush for you without part number, it's so common car.so no

worries ,just ask for VIOS lower arm bush.

There are various brands..

This's the order from low quality to high..

1-Jaapa

2-Rocky,

3-RBI

4-TZK

5-TOYOTA GENUINE(comes with arm itself as i remember-"not sure" )

toyota genuine is utterly expensive, try find japan brand and it would do the job(TZK).average RBI(Thai) is everywher.

Remove both arms, take it to lathe work, remove existing bush and replace new. (don't allow the garage Mechanic to use hammer for that job)

AFTER the the job, do a wheel alignment too.

Total cost with alignment+labour+bushes will be around 5k.

You're ready to drive....

(there's no such hurry as your garage mentioned,)

side note- AVOID "MAG SHITTY" at any cost.

Dear Friend.

As u advised I avoided Magcityyyy and went to Kundasal Auto serive for this work and done.

Now my car is like "Karattaya" . very big vibrations and out of control.(karattayak wage gassenawa, carpet road ekedi ok. but normal parwal wala walawal netath maara widiyata gassenawa), kalin car eka hodatama tibba. What Can i do.

Is there any schematic diagram of the front suspension system for toytoa vios 2004 (first generation) models. if available pls upload and pls reply soon

Dear Friend.

As u advised I avoided Magcityyyy and went to Kundasal Auto serive for this work and done.

Now my car is like "Karattaya" . very big vibrations and out of control.(karattayak wage gassenawa, carpet road ekedi ok. but normal parwal wala walawal netath maara widiyata gassenawa), kalin car eka hodatama tibba. What Can i do.

Is there any schematic diagram of the front suspension system for toytoa vios 2004 (first generation) models. if available pls upload and pls reply soon

Jayashantha, am not giving any credits for this plc but as i have done few jobs by them am satisfied with their serivice & evrythng other than the prices. they're prices are very high. in you case replacing lower arm bushes is a very simple job. didnt you noticed this on your test drive before taking it out ? best thing is as you done the repair by them meet the engineer & do a trial.

u took 5 months to replace the Lower arm bush? :speechless-smiley-003:

Something is wrong somewhere! is n't it?

@Jayashantha

Did you get this problem immediately after changing the bush or after sometime. If so after how may kms? Changing the lower arm bush is a simple and routine job and I do not see a reason for it to create further problems in a vehicle. Unless of course the mechanic forget to tighten the nuts and bolts!

Something is wrong somewhere! is n't it?

@Jayashantha

Did you get this problem immediately after changing the bush or after sometime. If so after how may kms? Changing the lower arm bush is a simple and routine job and I do not see a reason for it to create further problems in a vehicle. Unless of course the mechanic forget to tighten the nuts and bolts!

this problem can not be felt in Carpet rods.. but in normal roads it is obcvious.. i feel that both tyires are out of control.. may be they are not fixing correctly stabliser bar...

i guess mechanic hs done a wrong thing.

Jayashantha, am not giving any credits for this plc but as i have done few jobs by them am satisfied with their serivice & evrythng other than the prices. they're prices are very high. in you case replacing lower arm bushes is a very simple job. didnt you noticed this on your test drive before taking it out ? best thing is as you done the repair by them meet the engineer & do a trial.

I went a trial .on carpet road i cant feel it. but on normal roads...

and there are no any engineers there.. i guess...

U know one of my friend faced a similar case in kundasal auto service. he is from Negombo and he came all the way from negombo to kundasala and replaced lower arm bushes etc. how ever big noise came and he went to Negombo garade. when checked it was clear the nuts was not tighten correctly...

Dear Friend.

Are you sure your shock absorbers are in good condition? I assume you have done the obvious and taken the car back to the people who fixed the issue?

Are you sure your shock absorbers are in good condition? I assume you have done the obvious and taken the car back to the people who fixed the issue?

my shocks are in very very good conditon. nothing wrong before this fool bushing things... i dnt take the car yet but i inforemed them cos they close the company for a week for new year

thanks

my shocks are in very very good conditon. nothing wrong before this fool bushing things... i dnt take the car yet but i inforemed them cos they close the company for a week for new year

thanks

How do you know your shocks are in good condition? It is possible the sway bars have come loose or the bushes of the sway bars are broken. If you take your car to a service station or a wheel alignment place, they should be able to tell you the issue.

I changed sway bar bushes too..

Take your car to a wheel alignment place. They should be able to tell you if your suspension geometry is out of place or if anything else is broken. Take it to a good place like Car Care Wellewatte

U know one of my friend faced a similar case in kundasal auto service. he is from Negombo and he came all the way from negombo to kundasala and replaced lower arm bushes etc. how ever big noise came and he went to Negombo garade. when checked it was clear the nuts was not tighten correctly...

:sad-smiley-058::sad-smiley-058: around 130km he has travelled to replace lower arm bushes ????

as others state may be smthng related to your weel alignment. if your in kandy go to mjr peiris & do a weel alignment & let us know.

I read this articles..

http://www.fluxauto.com/?p=1890

http://www.carbibles.com/suspension_bible_pg4.html

according to them.. when D shape Sway bar bush is over tighten, more stiff ride u will feel. so sway bar shall be able to twist to get torsion spring action. I think these idiots over tighten the sway bar bush so that it cant twist.. .if im wrong. pls correct