• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Is This The Next Nissan Sunny???

isurujosh

nice, looks more like the altima in the rear and maxima in the front,

altima sells around 35000 cars a month which has become one of the best sellers in USA,

old few sentras lost its identity a bit, but i hope this will bring back it.

Hey guys!

I am kinda new here.. didn't have much time to do any posts..

but i still find this place very interesting.. u guys doing a great job..

Since my dad is in the automobile business in sri lanka as well as in Japan,

i have some experience about jap vehicles.. therefore just wanna share some info

with u guys..

The 2006 Nissan Sentra in the US is different to the 2006 bluebird sylphy which is known in japan, and other

countries which import right hand drive cars which is commonly known as the Nissan Sunny.

The Nissan Sentra would be exported to the US and other left hand drive countries.

Which means this bluebird Sylphy would be available in Singapore and most probably in Sri lanka

as Nissan Sunny.

This model is currently available in Japan.

nissanbluebirdsylphymanu06a010.jpg

nissanbluebirdsylphymanu06039r.jpg

nissanbluebirdsylphymanu06048m.jpg

SPECs

2006 Nissan Bluebird Sylphy

Year 2006

Make Nissan

Model Bluebird Sylphy

Engine Location Front

Drive Type Front Wheel

Engine

Engine Configuration I

Cylinders 4

Aspiration/Induction Normal

Displacement 1.80 L | 109.8 cu in. | 1799.6 cc.

Valves 16 valves.

4 valves per cylinder.

Valvetrain DOHC

Horsepower 126.00 BHP (92.7 KW) @ 6000.00 RPM

Torque 129.00 Ft-Lbs (174.9 NM) @ 2400.00 RPM

HP / Liter 70.0 BHP / Liter

Fuel Type Gasoline - Petrol

Standard Transmission

Transmission CVT

Dimensions

Exterior

Length 1876.001 mm | 73.9 in.

725 posts is nothing. Autographs, bumper stickers, t-shirts, <pshaw> If u two can fill my front seat with Anarkali, then u buggers are great :D:P

On a more related to the thread note, I like this Slyphy, but not enought to buy it. Too "old" image for me. Looks very comfy and spacious tho.

Ali hmmm... im gonna shut my trap.. nyways how much is this car if brought down?!

Haven't checked out at the price yet.. and it is still not available

in auctions ( expecting soon)..

will let u knw the price as soon as i get them

Haven't checked out at the price yet.. and it is still not available

in auctions ( expecting soon)..

will let u knw the price as soon as i get them

hi there, does you or your father have anything to do with all the Ali brothers car sales in kohuwela?

i have a question for you(jst out of curiosity) u said japs get better made cars than the singaporeans, but last time i checked out the car sales they were selling the civic vti ferio at alower price than sinagaporean civic vti, and when i peeked into the cars i realised that the sing one looked more lavish than the jap one, z it really worth paying extra for a sing. vti than for the ferio vti?

i know that japs always leave the best for them selves but this ferio(2nd hand) being cheaper than singaopore thing really puzzled me? :D (BTW both cars had 41k on dash. and they were prepared to show some document authenticating that number)

I heard that what our cars buyers fail to understand is that for a car to be 'exported' out of Singapore it should have been used for at least a certain number of years of km's- I think it's a 40,000kms or so... So if you are anyday offered a so called 'Singapore car' with a low mileage- its probably been manipulated. At the same time Singapore cars have a better market because they have more options like leather seats etc. that sometimes are even after market! Jap cars go at lower prices for opposite reason ie less 'bells and whistles'!! On the other hand the cars come with much lower clock figures- which is better in the long run… I guess a car dealer dude can elaborate on this .

hi there, does you or your father have anything to do with all the Ali brothers car sales in kohuwela?

i have a question for you(jst out of curiosity) u said japs get better made cars than the singaporeans, but last time i checked out the car sales they were selling the civic vti ferio at alower price than sinagaporean civic vti, and when i peeked into the cars i realised that the sing one looked more lavish than the jap one, z it really worth paying extra for a sing. vti than for the ferio vti?

i know that japs always leave the best for them selves but this ferio(2nd hand) being cheaper than singaopore thing really puzzled me? :blink: (BTW both cars had 41k on dash. and they were prepared to show some document authenticating that number)

Hey dude!

To anwser ur first ques.> yes, my dad is the owner of Ali brothers car sales ( there is only 1 showroom currently in kohuwela that is besides Park n Shop, other than that we have branches in Kandy and Peyliyagoda and in future we are most likeli to open two more showrooms). There are other showrooms such

as the one in Kohuwela known as ' Ali Traders' does not belong to us.

The cars made for jap domestic market are made with better quality materials, but in the case with

cars from Singapore they give a more appealing look(the material is made of less quality) and with more features such as leather seats, a good cd-player with cd-loader and etc.. The reason why the civic's from Singapore are expensiver because of its extra fetures such as leather seats which are taxed by the customs.

And also some Civic Vti's from Singapore come with bodykit, which the buying price is higher.

I think its worth paying for the sing when u have more features.

But when u compare jap corolla G and sing Corolla Gli there is a major diff.. notice the centre panel which features the AC control buttons. The one from japan has the touch buttons and from sing has the old style swithes and the interior seems to be more diff.

I heard that what our cars buyers fail to understand is that for a car to be 'exported' out of Singapore it should have been used for at least a certain number of years of km's- I think it's a 40,000kms or so... So if you are anyday offered a so called 'Singapore car' with a low mileage- its probably been manipulated. At the same time Singapore cars have a better market because they have more options like leather seats etc. that sometimes are even after market! Jap cars go at lower prices for opposite reason ie less 'bells and whistles'!! On the other hand the cars come with much lower clock figures- which is better in the long run… I guess a car dealer dude can elaborate on this .

The export law of motor vehicles in sing' does not state a required mileage a vehicle should be done.

Therefore with any mileages could be exported. But the vehicle should be registered in singpore and used for atleast two minimum years before it can be exported.

Regarding the mileage>> sl ppl should realize that jap and sgp have better public transport and

most ppl who own cars usually drive on weekends rather than on weekdays. In japan the cost of parking is very high and ppl oftenly use the subway. And i have seen cars which are relatively old such as the 1999 GTR R34 i saw had only done some 12,000kms. And even in the auctions there r some cars which are even 10 yrs old hav amazingly low mileages and mileages that r manipulated r not considered for sale in the auctions since all vehicles are inspected before they r sold.

Ur some what right on the sing cars but not all sing vehicles have a better market. For example

the Corolla, the jap corolla has a better market in sl.

Hey dude!

To anwser ur first ques.> yes, my dad is the owner of Ali brothers car sales ( there is only 1 showroom currently in kohuwela that is besides Park n Shop, other than that we have branches in Kandy and Peyliyagoda and in future we are most likeli to open two more showrooms). There are other showrooms such

as the one in Kohuwela known as ' Ali Traders' does not belong to us.

The cars made for jap domestic market are made with better quality materials, but in the case with

cars from Singapore they give a more appealing look(the material is made of less quality) and with more features such as leather seats, a good cd-player with cd-loader and etc.. The reason why the civic's from Singapore are expensiver because of its extra fetures such as leather seats which are taxed by the customs.

And also some Civic Vti's from Singapore come with bodykit, which the buying price is higher.

I think its worth paying for the sing when u have more features.

But when u compare jap corolla G and sing Corolla Gli there is a major diff.. notice the centre panel which features the AC control buttons. The one from japan has the touch buttons and from sing has the old style swithes and the interior seems to be more diff.

Hey tnx 4 da timp man... very useful info for any 2nd hand civic buyer.(wish i was one of those to buy) :(

• 1 month later...

Is it me O Don't u guys think the new nissans look like shit! Specially Da Sentra! It looks like bloody MPV lol! Seriously there is sumthin wrong wit Nissan.

The new Sentra is not the new Sunny . It's built on the Nissan's new global C platform which they developed with Renault. It's suppose to rival the Toyota Camry as it is the best selling car in the US 2005.The base model has Nissan new 2000cc engine and the topend has a 2500cc engine.It's Nissan new MR series engine.

The Sunny is being replaced by the TIIDA LATIO or as of 2007 the Nissan Versa. It gets Nissan's new HR series engine.It's bloody F**kin ugly if u ask me. Both MR N HR series engine r pretty basic too. They r just DOHC engine without variable valve timing yet alone with variable valve timing and lift.

Ever since Ghosn took over I think Nissan Has lost their way. I think Nissan is losing their loyal fan base wit these new models. How many Nissan TIIDA LATIO'S hav u seen in Sri Lanka? I mean except for the New Primera which is just as uuuuuuuuuuglay! n the Cefiro which looks outwrite borin no new Nissans hav cuaght on as oppose to Toyota which has the new Corolla,Camry,Avolon,Allion,Premio,Vios,Yaris n I can go on.

Just my openion but i think nissan nw sucks! Sorry LOL ! I use to luv Nissan. Thank u Ghosn! :blink: