• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Colombo Night Race 2012

Andrew_GTR

here i dont get money from the king to say things in forums.. please dont try to argue with me on this shit.. i came to SL on the 11th this month... so please let the people decide..

its morons like u who keep this regime in power while the masses suffer... by the way qubec monteal is the worse place in canada and the most curruput.. so need i say more about how things work... the problem i have is why are u people getting hurt when people say its a private party for u people... just admit it.. no one will still care as this is SL....why are u guys ashamed to admit it...if u can do it dont be ashamed to say it also...i wouldnt be if i was connected..

also i would like to point out where does SL stand and where does canada stand... do we have money to waste like this...i am all for development of motor sports if we can afford it as a country.. if not there are other priorities in this nation to be delt with...

If you slowed down to read my post you'd see that I clearly differentiated between what's good for the racing community and what is good fiscal policy for a country like Sri Lanka. And since when did I affiliate myself with ANY political party OR social class impoverished, privileged or otherwise? My post was an observation about your quick criticism about the event. Furthermore I wanted to point out that it is easy to criticize sitting at a computer, but quite hard to get an event like this organized at the ground level.

Not everyone participating at this event was affiliated with the government or any political agenda. Nor was everyone involved with organizing this event or everyone contributing to this event looking for personal gain or benefit. Its unfair to those people to just criticize blindly, even though its tempting to do so.

You are correct on one thing though: You and I arguing over this issue is not going to solve anything.

• Like 1

These type of events are no harm at all to the countries future and its development, but the problem is the way its carried out. The Focus would be entertain people and give them a good show. And from that aspect its a flop to the maximum. this is the 02nd time and seems nothing has improved in organizing the event. People no aware about color zones and parking, true they had a plan but not advertised extensively. They need to know that not only race loving people but also people were there with families even doesn't know how to recognize a Lambo, Aston or what is race event going on,its there intensity brought them. Organizer has to look this in a broader way at least next time ( And its NEVER HAPPENS too, They can if they put out those SHOW OFF CHICKS AND NUTS just walking along the road doing nothing just hanging there with official passes and T shirts)

Racing events are new to masses of this country but they love it , these bulls in the organizing committee has to look ways to educate them more by taking advantage through these events. I saw some people just cheering even cars taking their trials in the track thinking that the race has started and we been here blasting Media that they are publishing shit in papers, I don't know how fare is it actually. Some of crowd had a fun indeed but you look at who are those and where they were......(Don't want to comment on it....)

Some one made a comment about 2500 ticket was damn true. I was at the 500 zone and by 12 midnight people was just scattered everywhere in Green and Black zones without color belts too. and when the races on the track everybody standing on their chairs cuz of the poor seating arrangement this time. I guess people there sighted some good 4whell and SUV races (Safety Cars / Jeeps) all the time than real racing event... :pardon: And the Trishaw and Cycle even wonder what is the motive in it , should have put some mini cars event to boost up the people at the beginning.

Any way events like this good to see here , but better fine tune it further cuz we had 2 seasons already and it enough time to learn and correct things. This is my personal view and am not a racer or a expert but simply I love this.

• Like 1

These type of events are no harm at all to the countries future and its development, but the problem is the way its carried out. The Focus would be entertain people and give them a good show. And from that aspect its a flop to the maximum. this is the 02nd time and seems nothing has improved in organizing the event. People no aware about color zones and parking, true they had a plan but not advertised extensively. They need to know that not only race loving people but also people were there with families even doesn't know how to recognize a Lambo, Aston or what is race event going on,its there intensity brought them. Organizer has to look this in a broader way at least next time ( And its NEVER HAPPENS too, They can if they put out those SHOW OFF CHICKS AND NUTS just walking along the road doing nothing just hanging there with official passes and T shirts)

Racing events are new to masses of this country but they love it , these bulls in the organizing committee has to look ways to educate them more by taking advantage through these events. I saw some people just cheering even cars taking their trials in the track thinking that the race has started and we been here blasting Media that they are publishing shit in papers, I don't know how fare is it actually. Some of crowd had a fun indeed but you look at who are those and where they were......(Don't want to comment on it....)

Some one made a comment about 2500 ticket was damn true. I was at the 500 zone and by 12 midnight people was just scattered everywhere in Green and Black zones without color belts too. and when the races on the track everybody standing on their chairs cuz of the poor seating arrangement this time. I guess people there sighted some good 4whell and SUV races (Safety Cars / Jeeps) all the time than real racing event... :pardon: And the Trishaw and Cycle even wonder what is the motive in it , should have put some mini cars event to boost up the people at the beginning.

Any way events like this good to see here , but better fine tune it further cuz we had 2 seasons already and it enough time to learn and correct things. This is my personal view and am not a racer or a expert but simply I love this.

Yes, events like this good to see here. but the problem is whose money they are wasting. they have few sponsers. we can't expect they spent this much money for this kind event. And from tickets they can't get it back. But it seems CSN earned huge amount of money from commercials during race hours.

Another sad part is they cheated people who bought Rs 50 tickets. They put 50 tickets to Galleface ground and heard they saw only hoods of cars and helmets of riders. but they were lucky coz they spent only Rs50 to see hoods but we spent Rs2500 to see the same thing and for fight and argue with police DOGS.

The organizers and the Royal family didn't want to show this for public. I don't know what they expecting by playing this kind of joke. this is looks like "Wandurata deli pihiya ahu una wage"

Edited by snoopdogg

Why do these Sinhala commentators keep trying to give sermons? Here is nerve wracking epic battle between Darin, Ashan and Janaka and some F*ktard sinhala commentator cuts in and preaches the differences between a Subaru and an Evo!

Whether its Cricket or motor racing, these F*ktards are adamant in doling out their idiotic sermons on their merits of virtuous racing/cricketing instead of focusing on the game! Reciting "eyai visheshatthwaya" "eyai visheshatthwaya" on and on like some damn parrot. I wonder if any of these nitwits have even got in to a car in the first place

Can somebody please pass a message to these f*ktards that next time, please shave your head and enroll in to a temple as monks, instead of trying to be wanna be cricketing/racing commentators? Thank goodness for the English commentators (esp that lady)

Edited by liya
  • Like 1

Organizer has to look this in a broader way at least next time ( And its NEVER HAPPENS too, They can if they put out those SHOW OFF CHICKS AND NUTS just walking along the road doing nothing just hanging there with official passes and T shirts)

I certainly agree with this bit. Needs to be more professionalism there. Using the official vehicles so some guys can show of to women and cart them around instead of actually doing anything... Not good.

check the 7th lap 36.01. Looks like Darin skid during the turn. Ashan was putting alot of pressure from behind :D

Looks like Darin locked up under braking trying to keep the inside line, not sure why he stopped for so long tho. Maybe he thought he had damage? Or he had an engine stall?

I got some nice pics of the fight when those two came past turn one, around 35:50 :D Dude, I thought Ashan was in the sandbags, the way they came thru there!

check the 7th lap 36.01. Looks like Darin skid during the turn. Ashan was putting alot of pressure from behind :D

i braked late and the car lockerd up but finally when i did turn it in i got hit from behind so hard the engine stalled. And lap 1 going into duke street i got hit so hard u can see the car going sideways i dont know how i held it together.

anyway enough of this hitting bs, and i ve been controlling my actions alot recently and trying to be the educated individual i am. one more time someone hits my car intentionally i ll settle it then and there even if it means getting banned and ending my racing carreer. frankly everyone close around me thinks i m stupid to race with people who dont act like proffesionals. And handling pressure is all part of the racing game and i couldve driven 100 laps like that as its not sebbastian vettel following me, that would be pressure. Last year the same individual overtook me on the yellow flag at the same corner and said he didnt see. And wanted me to protest, i dont protest and win races.

janaka dias drove really well and i enjoyed him chasing me for 7 laps, sometimes i braked so early to slow him down but he always avoided contact. he deserved the win.

thanks to all the al members for there support and encouragement

Edited by darinwrxsti
  • Like 2

Master don, as mentioned i locked up but once i got the car to turn it i had to go but my wheel was clipped from behind and getting my car to stall. Look at the 1st lap corner entry to duke street i was the leader and on my line. look at the way my car was hit and thrown sideways. i never come on forums and blame other people. but frankly i m sick of this. and i had majority of the slgt drivers and slh drivers wanting me to protest in a wriiten paper but i dont write protests and win races.

• Like 1

I certainly agree with this bit. Needs to be more professionalism there. Using the official vehicles so some guys can show of to women and cart them around instead of actually doing anything... Not good.

Didnt we have a few organisers in the forum?????

Didn't mean disrespect.. what I meant was that we would have loved to see more of it than have it parked in the dust.

Oh, thaaaat. Well established it doesn't have a class to run. And no, it can't run GT4/GT3, it doesn't have the required mods, its a registered street car.

Wouldn't have minded seeing a few exhibition laps myself :)

Dammit, I was exactly under that camera at turn 1, so no on-air time for me :( Tho I heard I was spotted on TV after the Formula crash in that spot.

So it looks like I didn't miss much this time around, and a friend recorded the East European ladies and all their splendor in HD.

Well, man, that depends. The action when it happened was excellent. Very exciting. There were delays again tho. But can't fault organizers only for that, some of it was delays in the recovery. Can't fault the recovery either, some of the crashes were just in awkward places.

He didnt let me pass and i had to wait till the no overtaking zone was over to pass him. he turned onto the main straight got on the power too early and spun on his own

Ahhh. I was looking at the televised thing on youtube. Looks like he might have gone over a rise on the road and upset the balance of the car, and given it power at the wrong time like you said. Very low front lip on that car. And he was really running pretty slow.