• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Colombo Night Race 2012

Andrew_GTR

Its too bad that they are not giving WTC / Dutch hospital area to general public... Last time had a blast there... We were the last ones to leave the place and it was 6.30am... And ferrarif50 are you serious about Galadari tickets??? Its the next best hope that we have left for a good spot to watch the race as well as have some max fun....

Edited by trinity

Its too bad that they are not giving WTC / Dutch hospital area to general public... Last time had a blast there... We were the last ones to leave the place and it was 6.30am... And ferrarif50 are you serious about Galadari tickets??? Its the next best hope that we have left for a good spot to watch the race as well as have some max fun....

Bought galadari tickets last week. heard the pool side tickets are finished now

Bought galadari tickets last week. heard the pool side tickets are finished now

yes, all pool side and margarita blue tickets were soldout. cafe 64 was the only tickets which were available in the morning.

Went there around 1.30.. All sold out,,Pool, Magarita & 64 everything... Shit!!!

There are tickets available for the CSN Stands around the track at all the Hotels still... The hotel 'package' tickets that were put together by the hotel themselves are pretty much sold out...The CSN ticket counter at Galadari Hotel is selling a limited amount of the Ministry of Defence stand (MOD) tickets also known as the 'sky blue' stand... 2500rs seated on the galle face stretch landside... In my opinion one of the best stands to watch from as its right on the race track with clear views of the main straight and final corner... Just a FYI for all of you who asked me... Also once you enter a stand you will receive a wristband that grants you access only to your designated area... You cannot 'walk' the track or anywhere other than where you have paid for... The tickets are also valid for both days 14th Qualifying and 15th Racing... cheers!

There you go... Also i suggest trying not to bring a car anywhere close... just try and get dropped off or take a tuk... also depending on the ticket you purchase, it will be marked on it, where the entry point for that ticket is from... you wont be able to enter from any other side than the one demarcated on the ticket itself...

There are tickets available for the CSN Stands around the track at all the Hotels still... The hotel 'package' tickets that were put together by the hotel themselves are pretty much sold out...The CSN ticket counter at Galadari Hotel is selling a limited amount of the Ministry of Defence stand (MOD) tickets also known as the 'sky blue' stand... 2500rs seated on the galle face stretch landside... In my opinion one of the best stands to watch from as its right on the race track with clear views of the main straight and final corner... Just a FYI for all of you who asked me... Also once you enter a stand you will receive a wristband that grants you access only to your designated area... You cannot 'walk' the track or anywhere other than where you have paid for... The tickets are also valid for both days 14th Qualifying and 15th Racing... cheers!

Andrew... i dont know whether you'd be able to answer this, but anyway, the races aside what about the other entertainment factors?? i mean Last year there were plenty of booze music and food & stuff.. We were at Dutch hospital stand and it was max.. bringing our own booze was also allowed and it was entertainment at its peak.. :) Lets say if we are to buy CSN tickets for MOD stand, can we expect a similar atmosphere there too???

There you go... Also i suggest trying not to bring a car anywhere close... just try and get dropped off or take a tuk... also depending on the ticket you purchase, it will be marked on it, where the entry point for that ticket is from... you wont be able to enter from any other side than the one demarcated on the ticket itself...

sounds like access will be much more restricted compared to last years event

lets say i get 500 rupee ticket then i can only stay at York Street not even make my way to galle face area where tickets are 50 rupees

Andrew... i dont know whether you'd be able to answer this, but anyway, the races aside what about the other entertainment factors?? i mean Last year there were plenty of booze music and food & stuff.. We were at Dutch hospital stand and it was max.. bringing our own booze was also allowed and it was entertainment at its peak.. :) Lets say if we are to buy CSN tickets for MOD stand, can we expect a similar atmosphere there too???

From what i know, on the 14th there is a official CSN pre-party at the Taj North Lawn... its the Global Deejays in Concert... Its 1000rs entrance but if you hold a CSN night race ticket the entrance is free... they have a Fb event link also on the CSN group page... i know there will be beer stalls etc etc but not too sure on the hard liquor... the ticket does state that no liquor may be brought it from the outside... i was told there will be music at the stands and food/drinks are available at every stand/section of the track too... MOD stand will have the best view but probably the tightest security...

sounds like access will be much more restricted compared to last years event

lets say i get 500 rupee ticket then i can only stay at York Street not even make my way to galle face area where tickets are 50 rupees

Nope there is no way that you will be able to move from york street to galle face regardless as access will have to be through the track... the ticket states where to enter and exit from... thats why you should buy the ticket that you feel suits ur plan the best?

Andrew, The ticket price u gave initially slightly varied what I got from the other sources , there wasn't a 1000 LKR ticket if am not mistaken. Could you pleas put a update on this as well.

Galadari Hotel issued Rs.1000/- tickets for Cafe64 area at their premises. All tickets were sold out by Monday noon. Now i believe there are only CSN tickets available at the Hotels... Which are Rs.5000/- & 2500/- ones..

p.s. Andrew correct me if i'm wrong

Galadari Hotel issued Rs.1000/- tickets for Cafe64 area at their premises. All tickets were sold out by Monday noon. Now i believe there are only CSN tickets available at the Hotels... Which are Rs.5000/- & 2500/- ones..

p.s. Andrew correct me if i'm wrong

What about 500 buks stuff ..... :(

The article says "An international Go Cart track will also be opened in Piliyandala in the near future".

Does anyone know whereabout Piliyandala this is ? :D

i think thats referring to the former DPMC premises...i got the 500Rs tickets wanted the galadari ones but they were all sold out

Wr is the seating for 500? Nd wr did u buy?

Keels at crescat sold out , yesterday i bought the last 3 tickets... and Kohuwala Keels had enough when am buying the balance tickets from there.. just check it out... But both places had enough 2.5k tickets.

Seated area at YorK street and entrance via CTO junc..

Edited by autobot

The article says "An international Go Cart track will also be opened in Piliyandala in the near future".

Does anyone know whereabout Piliyandala this is ? :D

Noticed DPMC -Bandaragama preparing a go Cart track.. Aerial pictures are taken since August this year (I spy). Will post all in a dedicated topic. Unsure about DPMC Madapatha.. Will check that out this afternoon.

MINIACE

• Like 1