• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Colombo Night Race 2012

Andrew_GTR

Noticed DPMC -Bandaragama preparing a go Cart track.. Aerial pictures are taken since August this year (I spy). Will post all in a dedicated topic. Unsure about DPMC Madapatha.. Will check that out this afternoon.

MINIACE

Madapatha rd goes towards Bandaragama & the location I was asking about is actually on the Bandaragama side of Madapatha Rd. :)

So this could be the same place

The night race is sucks. Even GT race also sucks. And CSN idiots didn't know what they doing. The camera mens and control room guys are played great nonsence. Nothing worth to money. This event is only for few guys including our great king and his princes. It seems they doesn't want to show this for public. We had to fight police buggers to enter the spectator area even we had Rs 2500 tickets. Hope they won't play this kind of joke next year.

http://www.gossip9.com/2012/12/10_15.html

The night race is sucks. Even GT race also sucks. And CSN idiots didn't know what they doing. The camera mens and control room guys are played great nonsence. Nothing worth to money. This event is only for few guys including our great king and his princes. It seems they doesn't want to show this for public. We had to fight police buggers to enter the spectator area even we had Rs 2500 tickets. Hope they won't play this kind of joke next year.

http://www.gossip9.c...2/12/10_15.html

same sentiments expressed :- "Very unfair deal for those who bought tickets at Rs 2500.00. The seats were far away from the track and the spectators could not see a thing other than the hoods of the cars/ or the helmets of the drivers/riders . sad.gif Apart from the commentry during the cycle and the threewheeler race commentries about the race could not be heard / or not broadcasted over the PA system ( at least untill 10.00pm which time we left the venue in disgust. As the stalls were more or less empty , organisers let in all those who did not have tickets free of charge in to the venue and their unrully behaviour was a menace to those who came with families and children and young girls. Please dont cheat the public like this! If you cannot organise a proper event please dont do it." @ http://www.lakbimanews.lk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=330:ten-laborghinis-at-the-night-race-&catid=39:breaking-news&Itemid=65

We'll be uploading onboard footage shortly, but found the CSN coverage of the SL-GT race here. Coincidentally the funniest part of the night for me was when the presenter got a bit overexcited @16:10 :P

Edited by esdeez

same sentiments expressed :- "Very unfair deal for those who bought tickets at Rs 2500.00. The seats were far away from the track and the spectators could not see a thing other than the hoods of the cars/ or the helmets of the drivers/riders . sad.gif Apart from the commentry during the cycle and the threewheeler race commentries about the race could not be heard / or not broadcasted over the PA system ( at least untill 10.00pm which time we left the venue in disgust. As the stalls were more or less empty , organisers let in all those who did not have tickets free of charge in to the venue and their unrully behaviour was a menace to those who came with families and children and young girls. Please dont cheat the public like this! If you cannot organise a proper event please dont do it." @ http://www.lakbimane...-news&Itemid=65

i knew this would happen way before people were boasting about this.... another personal party for the connected and influential folk of this country... what a waste of people's money.. to top it all off they had to close offices on firday at 3.00 PM.. there goes the productivity of the country... and petrol increased by 10 ruppees... wow reallly... how are the night races looking now... this is now beyond funny.... also on a side note did that astranonut/race driver (apprently) win anything ...

Edited by charitha19
  • Like 1

We'll be uploading onboard footage shortly, but found the CSN coverage of the SL-GT race here. Coincidentally the funniest part of the night for me was when the presenter got a bit overexcited @16:10 :P

Thanks for video.

Great battle between Darin, Ashan and Janaka. but the buffalo

who was in control room didn't allow us to see how Darin and Ashan act after

the accident. He always switch cameras to the 1st place. These crazy buffalos have no idea

for what they doing like their bosses. And Polo stunts are also sucks. And finally this was just a

private party for our well known F++kers... I always pray they won't try to do this kind of money wasting stupid job at next year.

i knew this would happen way before people were boasting about this.... another personal party for the connected and influential folk of this country... what a waste of people's money.. to top it all off they had to close offices on firday at 3.00 PM.. there goes the productivity of the country... and petrol increased by 10 ruppees... wow reallly... how are the night races looking now... this is now beyond funny.... also on a side note did that astranonut/race driver (apprently) win anything ...

You seem very quick to criticize 'charitha19'. Plus how can you criticize on the organization of it etc. when you weren't even in Sri Lanka to view it? You're based out of what- Canada? Okay, well you've been to the Montreal Grand Prix right? Well isn't that pretty much a loss making personal party for the rich and well-connected as well? Its how the industry / sport on a whole is...but that's besides the point.

From a motor-head's point of view: I think having a high profile event like this is a boon to the sport; but whether that makes fiscal sense for the government of Sri Lanka to involve themselves in / promote while the country struggles to reduce its cost of living, is another issue altogether.

However what's important to remember is that while its very easy to criticize and analyze these things seated in front of your computer, miles away from Sri Lanka, its a whole lot different when you're actually IN Sri Lanka and trying to get these things organized and off the ground.

• Like 5

Thanks for video.

Great battle between Darin, Ashan and Janaka. but the buffalo

who was in control room didn't allow us to see how Darin and Ashan act after

the accident. He always switch cameras to the 1st place. These crazy buffalos have no idea

for what they doing like their bosses. And Polo stunts are also sucks. And finally this was just a

private party for our well known F++kers... I always pray they won't try to do this kind of money wasting stupid job at next year.

Curious to know what the accident was.... Cos we couldn't see it. Either way, the high proclaimed GTR seemed to eat dust..

same sentiments expressed :- "Very unfair deal for those who bought tickets at Rs 2500.00. The seats were far away from the track and the spectators could not see a thing other than the hoods of the cars/ or the helmets of the drivers/riders . sad.gif Apart from the commentry during the cycle and the threewheeler race commentries about the race could not be heard / or not broadcasted over the PA system ( at least untill 10.00pm which time we left the venue in disgust. As the stalls were more or less empty , organisers let in all those who did not have tickets free of charge in to the venue and their unrully behaviour was a menace to those who came with families and children and young girls. Please dont cheat the public like this! If you cannot organise a proper event please dont do it." @ http://www.lakbimane...-news&Itemid=65

Machan always buy the tickets from the Hotels. They have better deals which includes dinner for the tickets too.

• Like 1

You seem very quick to criticize 'charitha19'. Plus how can you criticize on the organization of it etc. when you weren't even in Sri Lanka to view it? You're based out of what- Canada? Okay, well you've been to the Montreal Grand Prix right? Well isn't that pretty much a loss making personal party for the rich and well-connected as well? Its how the industry / sport on a whole is...but that's besides the point.

From a motor-head's point of view: I think having a high profile event like this is a boon to the sport; but whether that makes fiscal sense for the government of Sri Lanka to involve themselves in / promote while the country struggles to reduce its cost of living, is another issue altogether.

However what's important to remember is that while its very easy to criticize and analyze these things seated in front of your computer, miles away from Sri Lanka, its a whole lot different when you're actually IN Sri Lanka and trying to get these things organized and off the ground.

here i dont get money from the king to say things in forums.. please dont try to argue with me on this shit.. i came to SL on the 11th this month... so please let the people decide..

its morons like u who keep this regime in power while the masses suffer... by the way qubec monteal is the worse place in canada and the most curruput.. so need i say more about how things work... the problem i have is why are u people getting hurt when people say its a private party for u people... just admit it.. no one will still care as this is SL....why are u guys ashamed to admit it...if u can do it dont be ashamed to say it also...i wouldnt be if i was connected..

also i would like to point out where does SL stand and where does canada stand... do we have money to waste like this...i am all for development of motor sports if we can afford it as a country.. if not there are other priorities in this nation to be delt with...

Edited by charitha19