• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Transferring Permit Cars

Eurofan

Hey,

I need some advise. I have seen for a 2008 corolla 141 imported brand new under the permit scheme. The car comes with the red dash on the registration plate. I need your advise on two matters;

1. The registration book says can't transfer for 5 years, but i was told there was a gazzette passed allowing transfers to be done within 3 years. What is the true story?

2. When i buy it off the first owner, would i get a new registration plate sans the red dash

Thanks in advance.

1. Please refer circular page 2

http://www.treasury....isposal-sin.pdf

2. I guess you could order a new set of plates and get the Black P, why bother

In addition to the transfer papers DMT ask for a consent letter from the 1st owner. What I herd is DMT don't give you free new number plate when you transfer the ownership. You have to order it separately.

Thanks for the replies.

Isn't a letter anyway needed from the owner giving consent for the transfer or is it just when transferring permit vehicles?

Also, does anyone know if I should submit the registration plates with the document and pay for the new plates? if so how much does it usually cost?

Cheers

• 1 year later...