Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Crosswind

The Ford Focus Thread

Recommended Posts

@tbird

Congrats on your purchase- She looks nice. Do update the fuel figures also- that way users may be convinced to look at Ford as an option as well.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Quiet said:

Congrats on your purchase. Any idea when this IOS update will come. My car came with a Europe map SD and not having navigation is a headache. was thinking of buying a small android phone to be kept in the car so that i can use Andoid Auto

According to some Apple fans site, iOS 12 should be released in September, 2018 and Google maps and Waze can be used in Apple CarPlay as third party apps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2018 at 4:36 PM, mazdaspeed said:

@tbird

Congrats on your purchase- She looks nice. Do update the fuel figures also- that way users may be convinced to look at Ford as an option as well.

 

Yeah, will update the fuel figures after 1500-2000 km. At the moment it shows an average between 8-10 km/l in normal traffic and hilly road in Kandy. I expect 10-12 km/l in the city and around 15km/l in long distance after the break in period.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also bought 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost hatchback few months back. That's a pretty fun to drive car. Fuel consumption is around 8-9 kmpl in city limits in rush hours, outstation 15-16 and around 18kmpl in expressway.
Got superb acceleration & couldn't feel you drive a 1.0L car. Very stable in high speeds. I did around 195kmph in expressway without any issue.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dulan Hasaranga said:

?. I did around 195kmph in expressway without any issue.

?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dulan Hasaranga said:

I also bought 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost hatchback few months back. That's a pretty fun to drive car. Fuel consumption is around 8-9 kmpl in city limits in rush hours, outstation 15-16 and around 18kmpl in expressway.
Got superb acceleration & couldn't feel you drive a 1.0L car. Very stable in high speeds. I did around 195kmph in expressway without any issue.

195 km/h? ?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tbird said:

195 km/h? ?

 

 

 

Is it a ....?

81b6eGt26PL._SY355_.jpg

Edited by kmeeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, kmeeg said:

Is it a ....?

81b6eGt26PL._SY355_.jpg

Why? Do you see me like a kid to joke here? 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Dulan Hasaranga said:

Yep

I am not doubting you or anything. But having driven in overseas motorways and comparing them against Sri Lankan i dont think thats such a wise thing to do. Especially because the local motorway lanes are rather narrow ( only two lanes) , and on top of it having much narrower shoulders , which in turn creates a risk where our Sri Lankan people have this weird habit of stopping in the shoulder to have tea/ watch the nature rather than using the welipenna rest. Also, the road discipline in the highway is very less where people on the left lane quckly shift to the right lane without properly understanding the braking distance of the vehicle which is oncoming in the overtaking lane. 

Drive safe. I think 100Kmh is the best speed for safety + law 

Peace my friend...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Sadik said:

I am not doubting you or anything. But having driven in overseas motorways and comparing them against Sri Lankan i dont think thats such a wise thing to do. Especially because the local motorway lanes are rather narrow ( only two lanes) , and on top of it having much narrower shoulders , which in turn creates a risk where our Sri Lankan people have this weird habit of stopping in the shoulder to have tea/ watch the nature rather than using the welipenna rest. Also, the road discipline in the highway is very less where people on the left lane quckly shift to the right lane without properly understanding the braking distance of the vehicle which is oncoming in the overtaking lane. 

Drive safe. I think 100Kmh is the best speed for safety + law 

Peace my friend...

Yep I totally agree with you. I always strik to the speed limit. But I only did to test the capability of the car.
:action-smiley-035:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dulan Hasaranga said:

Yep I totally agree with you. I always strik to the speed limit. But I only did to test the capability of the car.
:action-smiley-035:

Do you have dual clutch transmission or 6 speed automatic (6F15) in your Fiesta? Did you import it directly from the UK?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, tbird said:

Do you have dual clutch transmission or 6 speed automatic (6F15) in your Fiesta? Did you import it directly from the UK?

It has dual clutch transmission. I bought it from a local car dealer. German made & used in Japan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2018 at 8:34 PM, tbird said:

Did not check about Fiesta 1l ecoboost but they may import it as well. The sales guy said they are bringing 6 Focus 1l ecoboost titaniums in this shipment and will be arrived mid July

Ford are planning to bring down the 1L Turbocharged ecosport next year. Currently it's priced at 6.8 M (1.5 L) they are actually waiting for the budget. The Focus is 1L Turbo is priced at 5.8 and the Fiesta at 5.6 

Edited by matroska
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, matroska said:

Ford are planning to bring down the 1L Turbocharged ecosport next year. Currently it's priced at 6.8 M (1.5 L) they are actually waiting for the budget. The Focus is 1L Turbo is priced at 5.8 and the Fiesta at 5.6 

Seems like even Scotty Kilmer seem to like the Ford 3cyl ecosport engines..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kmeeg said:

Seems like even Scotty Kilmer seem to like the Ford 3cyl ecosport engines..

 

Yes, it is a great engine with good power and torque. You don’t feel it is 1l engine when driving and the low end torque is really great and you can overtake anything very quickly. I’m running this 1l ecoboost Ford Focus and now it clocked 1200km.

The eco part of this engine is bit tricky and you have to very very light foot to achieve it. Driving style of a hybrid do a trick otherwise it will give the fuel figures of the Ford 1.6 Duratec engine 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tbird said:

The eco part of this engine is bit tricky and you have to very very light foot to achieve it. Driving style of a hybrid do a trick

Having had a GP1 i think you've already mastered that :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now my Ford Focus 1l EcoBoost reached to 2800 km in the ODO, so decided to add my experience so far.

Handling.

1. Handling is really great specially when cornering. The independent suspension works really well. Never felt this kind of excitement from my previous Japanese cars. Handling of the Honda FIT GP1 was also great but this is brilliant.

2. The steering is very responsive and I can feel the road really well.

3. The car feels heavy when driving.

Comfort.

1. Even though it has stiff suspension, the ride is very comfortable

2. Dual zone climate control works really well.

3. Rear seat is very comfortable to 2 people, the center seat is not much comfortable for a long ride.

Performance.

1. Even though it has a 1l engine, the pulling power is great, I can say it better than a Toyota Premio.

2.  Low end torque is really good and you can overtake a slow vehicle quickly, when the turbo kicks in, it provides power can you can keep going without an issue.

3. The 6 speed automatic transmission is bit slow when transferring power. in Europe this Focus comes with Dual Clutch transmission and it has very good performance but Ford do not offer it to the cars selling to warm temperature zones like Sri Lanka and India.

4. In highway, you can easily come to the 100 km/h and you don't feel the speed

5. There is a turbo lag specially moving from a stand still apart from that I felt like I'm driving a car with 1.8l-2l engine.

Fuel Economy

1. In city driving, now it gives 10-11 km/l. This is in moderate traffic in Kandy and some up hill driving. Before 1500km it gave 8-9 km/l in the same route and it seems the fuel economy improved after the break in period.

2. In long distance, few round trips Kandy-Colombo-Kandy (including Colombo traffic), it scored 12.5-13 km/l

First Service at the Agent

1. First 1000 km service is an inspection only and they did not change oil. Asked me to come at 5000 km to do the first oil change, after that service interval 7500 km or 6 months.

2. They said they use 10W-30 oil. (In Europe they use 0W-20), it seems Ford recommends higher viscosity fuels for 'Warm temperature zones'.

3. According to the Ford ETIS, my car is developed for 'Warm Temperature zones' (Europe is 'Normal Temperature zone' and Middle east is 'Hot temperature zone'

Thanks Croswind for suggesting me to create a Ford ETIS account, it provides very good information about the car according to VIN and I can also get the maintenance schedules as well

 

Edited by tbird
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Car_Buddy said:

Seems it's true and it reads Ford had been aware of the matter for more than 5 f**king years. Jeezz! :o 

Yeah, this is true. Initially Ford provided brittle plastic hose from coolant reservoir but most of these brittle hoses were cracked with the engine temperature since this is a turbo charged engine. There was a recall and replaced the brittle plastic hose with a flexible rubber hose to resolve this issue.

That lady mentioned in the BBC article has started the Facebook page called Ecoboost nightmare, when I go through those posts, it seems some have not fixed brittle coolant hose (they call it degas hose) after the recall and according to most of these posts (specially from ladies), they have not checked whats under the bonnet and if they check it regularly they can see coolant loss.

As precaution I check the coolant level every weekend and specially check coolant level and engine oil level before starting a long journey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Car_Buddy said:

Seems it's true and it reads Ford had been aware of the matter for more than 5 f**king years. Jeezz! :o 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Crosswind

What's the ATF you're using? When I spoke to the agent, they said to use BP Autran Dex/Merc and I did. But now when I check its specsheet it says "should not be used where Dexron VI is required" whereas the service schedule says "use any Dexron VI compatible transmission oil" 🤔

Any idea?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register for a new account in our community. It's easy and FREE!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×