• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Crosswind

The Ford Focus Thread

@tbird

Congrats on your purchase- She looks nice. Do update the fuel figures also- that way users may be convinced to look at Ford as an option as well.

9 hours ago, Quiet said:

Congrats on your purchase. Any idea when this IOS update will come. My car came with a Europe map SD and not having navigation is a headache. was thinking of buying a small android phone to be kept in the car so that i can use Andoid Auto

According to some Apple fans site, iOS 12 should be released in September, 2018 and Google maps and Waze can be used in Apple CarPlay as third party apps

On 7/30/2018 at 4:36 PM, mazdaspeed said:

@tbird

Congrats on your purchase- She looks nice. Do update the fuel figures also- that way users may be convinced to look at Ford as an option as well.

Yeah, will update the fuel figures after 1500-2000 km. At the moment it shows an average between 8-10 km/l in normal traffic and hilly road in Kandy. I expect 10-12 km/l in the city and around 15km/l in long distance after the break in period.

I also bought 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost hatchback few months back. That's a pretty fun to drive car. Fuel consumption is around 8-9 kmpl in city limits in rush hours, outstation 15-16 and around 18kmpl in expressway.
Got superb acceleration & couldn't feel you drive a 1.0L car. Very stable in high speeds. I did around 195kmph in expressway without any issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dulan Hasaranga said:

🙄. I did around 195kmph in expressway without any issue.

🙄

5 hours ago, Dulan Hasaranga said:

I also bought 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost hatchback few months back. That's a pretty fun to drive car. Fuel consumption is around 8-9 kmpl in city limits in rush hours, outstation 15-16 and around 18kmpl in expressway.
Got superb acceleration & couldn't feel you drive a 1.0L car. Very stable in high speeds. I did around 195kmph in expressway without any issue.

195 km/h? 🙄

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, tbird said:

195 km/h? 🙄

Is it a ....?

81b6eGt26PL._SY355_.jpg

Edited by kmeeg

14 hours ago, kmeeg said:

Is it a ....?

81b6eGt26PL._SY355_.jpg

Why? Do you see me like a kid to joke here? 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Dulan Hasaranga said:

Yep

I am not doubting you or anything. But having driven in overseas motorways and comparing them against Sri Lankan i dont think thats such a wise thing to do. Especially because the local motorway lanes are rather narrow ( only two lanes) , and on top of it having much narrower shoulders , which in turn creates a risk where our Sri Lankan people have this weird habit of stopping in the shoulder to have tea/ watch the nature rather than using the welipenna rest. Also, the road discipline in the highway is very less where people on the left lane quckly shift to the right lane without properly understanding the braking distance of the vehicle which is oncoming in the overtaking lane. 

Drive safe. I think 100Kmh is the best speed for safety + law 

Peace my friend...

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Sadik said:

I am not doubting you or anything. But having driven in overseas motorways and comparing them against Sri Lankan i dont think thats such a wise thing to do. Especially because the local motorway lanes are rather narrow ( only two lanes) , and on top of it having much narrower shoulders , which in turn creates a risk where our Sri Lankan people have this weird habit of stopping in the shoulder to have tea/ watch the nature rather than using the welipenna rest. Also, the road discipline in the highway is very less where people on the left lane quckly shift to the right lane without properly understanding the braking distance of the vehicle which is oncoming in the overtaking lane. 

Drive safe. I think 100Kmh is the best speed for safety + law 

Peace my friend...

Yep I totally agree with you. I always strik to the speed limit. But I only did to test the capability of the car.
:action-smiley-035:

1 hour ago, Dulan Hasaranga said:

Yep I totally agree with you. I always strik to the speed limit. But I only did to test the capability of the car.
:action-smiley-035:

Do you have dual clutch transmission or 6 speed automatic (6F15) in your Fiesta? Did you import it directly from the UK?

18 hours ago, tbird said:

Do you have dual clutch transmission or 6 speed automatic (6F15) in your Fiesta? Did you import it directly from the UK?

It has dual clutch transmission. I bought it from a local car dealer. German made & used in Japan.