• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Project E34

esdeez

• 1 month later...

Ok, I know I've been long overdue for an update on this, so here goes.

First the small stuff. Replaced this boring interior panel in the rear....

20121115_133304-2_zps73e67816.jpg

With this rear cigar lighter.

20130309_141724_zps51d2c78d.jpg

As I don't smoke, or encourage it in the car will probably swap out the lighter element for a dummy peice, but its always nice to have an extra electrical outlet :)

Did some boring weather strip replacements too, as well as adding a rear triangle to the boot toolkit. Oh, and we had to replace the front shocks and top mounts!

IMG_20130222_175553-2_zpsda4a2a75.jpg

And here's a simple cosmetic mod that may divide opinions... Since I fitted the Halo lights, Its been pointed out to me that the car looked sort of startled, or staring with the Halo's on. So the idea was to fit eyebrows to eliminate that look.... So here they are....

20130204_112357-2_zps4729d091.jpg

A reminder of what the car looked without them...

424807_10151379128528630_188404558_n_zps

And what she looks like now.... (Varied cameras I know... But you get the idea)

IMG_3414-2_zps89d3def2.jpg

I choose to keep them black so it sort of blends in with the surrounding trim, although some prefer them to be body colour. Others believe they shouldn't be there in the first place :P

And finally, after much debate, I'm pleased to announce I have changed the wheels.... You may recognize them off a very popular black 525i....

IMG_3379-2_zps21258c1a.jpg

They're what Jadey originally suggest, original 17" M System II throwing stars. Whats great about these is not only are they the forged edition (rare), this set is also staggered 8x17 front and 9x17 rear. Not to mention that the lips have been polished by the previous owner. They are without a doubt one of the strongest wheels that BMW has ever made, and therefore perfect for our road conditions. And of course, the design is functional too, acting as a turbine to funnel air into the brakes. I didn't realise how much of a difference the staggered set up would make, until two consecutive trips down south. Needless to say, handling has improved tremendously!

Dunno whether to keep the center covers black, or repaint them silver, or a more gunmetal grey... :blush:

So we've gone from this:

2012-08-11174933.jpg

To this:

IMG_2587-Edit-Edit-3_zpsb22ae5ac.jpg

In the coming months its time she gets her mechanicals focused on.... Here's a peak of whats in store first.... :P

IMG_20130110_131751_zps03e5de63.jpg

IMG_3379-2_zps21258c1a.jpg

They're what Jadey originally suggest, original 17" M System II throwing stars. Whats great about these is not only are they the forged edition (rare), this set is also staggered 8x17 front and 9x17 rear. Not to mention that the lips have been polished by the previous owner. They are without a doubt one of the strongest wheels that BMW has ever made, and therefore perfect for our road conditions. And of course, the design is functional too, acting as a turbine to funnel air into the brakes. I didn't realise how much of a difference the staggered set up would make, until two consecutive trips down south. Needless to say, handling has improved tremendously!

Dunno whether to keep the center covers black, or repaint them silver, or a more gunmetal grey... :blush:

I'd say paint them in their original colour. Those wheels are so good looking and so exclusive they must be left original to be truly admired. Besides wheel painting is for aftermarket wheels, which these aren't.

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...
As smooth and silky as the owner

Erm... Well.... Anyway... This is what happens when I don't check AL.... Hmmm

Might as well update everyone myself though. The old silver car is now in v. good hands, and has now been converted to a manual and is on style 32 rims (the kind I originally wanted). However I won't post pics without the new owners permission.

The new car is a totally different experience, but we still have a few teething problems - notably of which is a rough idle. Doesn't stop one having a lot of fun though, as Supra_Natural will testify to. As OH has posted pics on my behalf (lol) I'll update some more pictures when some changes come along. :)

• Like 1

Erm... Well.... Anyway... This is what happens when I don't check AL.... Hmmm

Might as well update everyone myself though. The old silver car is now in v. good hands, and has now been converted to a manual and is on style 32 rims (the kind I originally wanted). However I won't post pics without the new owners permission.

The new car is a totally different experience, but we still have a few teething problems - notably of which is a rough idle. Doesn't stop one having a lot of fun though, as Supra_Natural will testify to. As OH has posted pics on my behalf (lol) I'll update some more pictures when some changes come along. :)

Will testify that the new car is an absolute blast, so much so that a long dormant desire I've had for an E34 appears to have been re-awakened (sigh)!