• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Project E34

esdeez

So a small update.

Until I can get a hold of those smoked rears (a set just went for almost $400 on ebay :speechless-smiley-006: ) I decided to update the rear end with the M5 style filler plate. Ok, I'm probably gonna look daft for banging on about what is essentially just a piece of plastic, but bear with me.

The original M5 (and only the M5) had a filler panel in between the tail lights to make the rear look a bit more fleshed out, and is actually a peice that's often overlooked by many. Again, it wasn't cheap, and came from Germany (Mine's a bit special, but more on that later) but I must say I'm pretty pleased with the result. Anyway, enough of me talking: Time for some pics!

18 years of dirt hidden beneath the No. Plate holder:

20121111_143937.jpg

Nice and clean:

20121111_144721.jpg

And the finished result (after my friend and I spent ages trying to align it properly):

20121111_160540.jpg

As I said, I'm pretty pleased with the result, but now wondering whether to change the number plate colour.... Opinions?

Edited by esdeez

does look pretty nice when its filled out...

why'd you take off the '520i' though?

Wanted a cleaner look, and the badge wasn't on straight in the first place (especially the i). Not noticeable from a distance, but something I sorta picked up on.

I honestly dunno how Komi gets away with them JDM spec items :P

Yellow it shall stay.

Picked up a few more little bits today, and discovered something a bit alarming... Will update when I get some pics...

Spotted you in front of A*W today! I'm absolutely speechless!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...