• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Radiator Top Tank Leak

Explorer

Question

Hi experts,

I have a crack on the top of my radiator top tank. Its a ~1 inch long crack and the coolant keeps leaking from the crack.

Vehicle is a 2004 N16.

I called A*W and their solution is to replace the top tank (replacing only the top tank is not recommended by them but on a customer request they will do that). Cost for replacing that will be around 15000.

Is there any other way to fix this?

thanks,

explorer.

10 answers to this question

Hi experts,

I have a crack on the top of my radiator top tank. Its a ~1 inch long crack and the coolant keeps leaking from the crack.

Vehicle is a 2004 N16.

I called A*W and their solution is to replace the top tank (replacing only the top tank is not recommended by them but on a customer request they will do that). Cost for replacing that will be around 15000.

Is there any other way to fix this?

thanks,

explorer.

Don't know what an N16 tank looks like, but I presume it's a plastic tank.

You can get it replaced in plastic (cheap) or brass (expensive but durable). There's a small joint opposite the former sand park in nawala road. I believe his name is Liyanage or something.

He stocks radiator tanks for common cars and will probably do it for around 7000.

Edited by Crosswind

Liyange is the man. He did my Forester's tank in brass. brand new double core, cost 27k. But excellent work

where is he located i been on the look out for a decent fellow leaking water from some place

where is he located i been on the look out for a decent fellow leaking water from some place

The place is at the start of the road where the famous indian food joint "F00d W*v*s" is located , it right opp the "wali park" nawala.

The place is at the start of the road where the famous indian food joint "F00d W*v*s" is located , it right opp the "wali park" nawala.

thanks alot pass that turnoff quite frequently will drop in and check on it...