• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

For me it looks like an average hybrid owner has no time to enjoy his ride.

He has to worry about fuel consumption, he has to worry about break pad wearing when stopping, he has to worry about the travelling speed and maintenance intervals so he can to justify the money spent for the car, he has to worry about his appearance being futuristic, he has to worry about his conversations to be futuristic and may be he has to worry about other males not perceiving him as a male animal.

what a pain a man to receive after spending 5 million rupees!

The most descriptive post on AL on Hybrids and their drivers.

Boys love to play with cars, watch car races, and race their toy cars

Then they become Men (of course unless they do not go through a genital transformation to become a Non Male)

Men love to drive cars, motorbikes, lorries or whatever automobile fast, being able to corner without tipping over, precise throttle and brake inputs, some kind of steering feel, stable non-floaty ride, engine that doesn't run out of breath at random rpm ranges, feel the speed etc.

Hybrid cars are not designed for these Masculine desires (Exception May be ferrari hybrids but not prius)

So, Hybrids for a real man's eye become a woman's stuff and that is the general dislike you people see in an automobile website where the majority is Men

Hybrid lovers without understanding this fact try to emphasis it is a good car to Men which is not a car in Man's specifications

The result is they get a surrounded bash in a male dominating site

On the other hand one who appreciate hybrid do not care too much about these Manly needs and there fore more inclined to resemble non male characteristic and others have the right to address them with names in similar meaning

Edited by MIL
  • Like 1

He has to worry about fuel consumption, he has to worry about break pad wearing when stopping, he has to worry about the travelling speed and maintenance intervals so he can to justify the money spent for the car, he has to worry about his appearance being futuristic, he has to worry about his conversations to be futuristic and may be he has to worry about other males not perceiving him as a male animal.

nice reply :). so are you saying you dont care at all bout any of these? i dont know bout the futuristic stuff. maybe they apply to cali... i do care bout saving up.. not ashamed of that... and i dont think prius looks futuristic at all. i know merc users who have bigger problems like parts unavailable and stuff and cant even use the vehicles.. i dont have any of those problems ne. and thats stupid saying you have to worry bout brakes wearing when stopping.... the way i brake is how i like. i dont need to go and slam on the brake right behind the vehicle in front... if theirs no one behind me i coast to a stop.. it doesnt kill anyone and neither does it make me go from A to B faster and also reduces the time i have to wait while stopped... well and can you explain what you mean by enjoying the ride.. if i want to enjoy a ride ill drive a stick shift. and having fun with these suicide people on the road in the suburbs is not such a good idea i guess..

• Like 1

nice reply :). so are you saying you dont care at all bout any of these?

What's being said is that no-one in the right mind worries about such nominal things which over a week's driving would save you the cost of a cup of tea in brake-pad cost.

.. well and can you explain what you mean by enjoying the ride.. if i want to enjoy a ride ill drive a stick shift. and having fun with these suicide people on the road in the suburbs is not such a good idea i guess..

Since you asked, to most of us here (if not all normal guys) would probably 'enjoy' being one of those 'suicidal subaru drivers' than be you.. To me you just seem like a guy who enjoy putting his pee-pee in another guys poo-poo...

• Like 1

Boys love to play with cars, watch car races, and race their toy cars

Then they become Men (of course unless they do not go through a genital transformation to become a Non Male)

Men love to drive cars, motorbikes, lorries or whatever automobile fast, being able to corner without tipping over, precise throttle and brake inputs, some kind of steering feel, stable non-floaty ride, engine that doesn't run out of breath at random rpm ranges, feel the speed etc.

Hybrid cars are not designed for these Masculine desires (Exception May be ferrari hybrids but not prius)

So, Hybrids for a real man's eye become a woman's stuff and that is the general dislike you people see in an automobile website where the majority is Men

Hybrid lovers without understanding this fact try to emphasis it is a good car to Men which is not a car in Man's specifications

The result is they get a surrounded bash in a male dominating site

On the other hand one who appreciate hybrid do not care too much about these Manly needs and there fore more inclined to resemble non male characteristic and others have the right to address them with names in similar meaning

dude. i never said you get a kick out of driving a prius :D and im not a hybrid lover :P far from it... so are you telling that driving an allion or camry or something is going to fulfill your manly needs?? (comparing to similar price cars bought by average drivers) .....i am going to buy a RX-8 next year after February :) (please tell me you dont think that too is not manly -_-). going to keep prius also coz its not a bad car.

• Like 1

dude. i never said you get a kick out of driving a prius :D and im not a hybrid lover :P far from it... so are you telling that driving an allion or camry or something is going to fulfill your manly needs?? (comparing to similar price cars bought by average drivers) .....i am going to buy a RX-8 next year after February :) (please tell me you dont think that too is not manly -_-). going to keep prius also coz its not a bad car.

uhh... arent Allions and Camries average cars to begin with? :D <<facepalm>>

What's being said is that no-one in the right mind worries about such nominal things which over a week's driving would save you the cost of a cup of tea in brake-pad cost.

Since you asked, to most of us here (if not all normal guys) would probably 'enjoy' being one of those 'suicidal subaru drivers' than be you.. To me you just seem like a guy who enjoy putting his pee-pee in another guys poo-poo...

If you think i think about brake pads wearing when im applying the brakes youve got to be kidding me.... thats got to be the weirdest thing ever... and by suicidal i didnt mean drivers. i meant those A$$es who cross the road like maniacs.

uhh... arent Allions and Camries average cars to begin with? :D <<facepalm>>

exactly.. a person who buys a prius is usually a person who was going to buy a car like that. whats the difference between a prius and an allion?? barely nothing except allion looks a bit better but has lesser performance and options.. no one in their right mind would buy a prius if their budget was more than 6 million. so what about marutis?? those buying marutis are the worst. they can buy a used japanese car for less and it does better and looks better in every way... what about them? Ultimate f@gs?

its too bad people dont tolerate other people's opinions in a forum like this.nanotech doesnt sound "the prius is the best" at all so why would people drag this conversation on about stick cars and etc? leave it guys.

prvnox, if you cannot take criticism, you should not post your opinions on a public forum. While I agree that most of this discussion has been fairly pointless that is just my opinion. If others think there is some value, they can carry on for as long as they like as long as they keep it clean and relevant :)

Nano Tech does not sound "prius is the best" but he put his value proposition on the Prius forward. That is what has prompted the debate. If he didn't want one, he should have kept his opinions to himself.

good one indeed....

prvnox, if you cannot take criticism, you should not post your opinions on a public forum. While I agree that most of this discussion has been fairly pointless that is just my opinion. If others think there is some value, they can carry on for as long as they like as long as they keep it clean and relevant :)

Nano Tech does not sound "prius is the best" but he put his value proposition on the Prius forward. That is what has prompted the debate. If he didn't want one, he should have kept his opinions to himself.

yeah true that.one should be able to take criticism but then again critics should know to do it in the proper way without using hate speech.i dunno its just my opinion.

yeah true that.one should be able to take criticism but then again critics should know to do it in the proper way without using hate speech.i dunno its just my opinion.

There is no hate speech on this thread :) Thing is provnox, people have different ways of expressing themselves. Some might not like how another person relates to them or speaks to them. We have a wide variety of people and they talk and behave in different ways. The moderators will intervene to keep things from getting out of hand, but we try to tolerant so as to accommodate a wide variety of people and opinions.

Edited by The Don

There is no hate speech on this thread :) Thing is provnox, people have different ways of expressing themselves. Some might not like how another person relates to them or speaks to them. We have a wide variety of people and they talk and behave in different ways. The moderators will intervene to keep things from getting out of hand, but we try to tolerant so as to accommodate a wide variety of people and opinions.

point taken!

respect. ok. i take the point that ive been a bit of a weirdo :) haha. from now on no more gratification of hybrids. :D

All the figures mentioned by you in this thread are highly exaggerated.

if you want i will compile them all in a excel sheet with all details and i will send it to you. :) but i cant today because im out of colombo for few days. after coming home ill make it. and i will make another general one for any person.

Hmmm, RX8 next year... you sound like someone here who used to troll a lot about the RX8 he was going to buy... eventually.

used to use one. it was my cousins. it was a very used car..and he was afraid of running it past 60000km because we saw in lot of places the RENESIS wears out a lot and has to be replaced near 100000km so he sold it. thats scary O.o or maybe a RX-7 because that has a bigger passenger capacity..

used to use one. it was my cousins. it was a very used car..and he was afraid of running it past 60000km because we saw in lot of places the RENESIS wears out a lot and has to be replaced near 100000km so he sold it. thats scary O.o or maybe a RX-7 because that has a bigger passenger capacity..

So you dont want to buy the rx-8 because of the rotary issue, but you want to want to buy a much much older rx-7 with obviously primitive technology and miles under the belt.... clearly the retard-gene is a strong one in the family :D

PS: I've heard of rx-7s with Nissan Vannette engines transplanted into them. One of those probably suits you best... then again the owner is probably another relative of yours, so you might get a family discount

Edited by Watchman

RX7s have a bigger passenger capacity than the 8?

Guys, guys. I will bash on the Pri as much as anyone here, but some of you guys... take the time to read posts slowly and digest what is being said instead of jumping in starting bashing on assumptions.

As far as I am concerned, if more people had the attitude that I perceive this PSP chap has towards Pri, then this community would be much better off. He's just saying its better than 121s, Allions etc. Which really should be true from a theoretical point of view, at least on the 3rd gens, its a lot newer and comes better equipped than those. Sure, you might clear a slightly older but even better equipped and better driving Euro for the same money, but their money, their choice. As long as they don't jam the roads, they can ride anything they want, bullock carts upwards.

What I wanted to express is that the concept behind Prius do not address to excitement sought by man animal

The urge to drive fast, feel the power, feel the sound, take the bend fast, quick overtakes,

Those are not going inline with saving fuel or reducing maintenance costs concepts that Prius is maximizing. Prius is not meant for those feelings

So, average man will not enjoy Prius. That's where the dislike is.

Owning a car is not all about saving money in fuel and maintenance costs. Ultimately it is something about satisfaction. It is Ok, if saving money contribute a major portion to your satisfaction. for those who are concern on saving Prius is a good car for them.

For those go after fun of driving it is not the same

• Like 1

Can you go tell that exact same thing to the google-f@g-Cali? Cos he thinks some jpeg of a overseas reliability survey is the answer to everything in sri lanka too.. probably has a framed version in his house that he worships every morning...

What do you think the early local hybrid buyers did when they were researching whether to buy a hybrid or not? Since there was virtually no experience with hybrids in SL, they looked to the overseas hybrid vehicle research and knowledge base for their information.

International companies and countries expend a lot of money, time and brainpower tracking things like vehicle reliability and durability. It's just plain dumb not to make use of that knowledge.

The reliability data may not translate perfectly to SL, but the data still gives a very good idea of what to expect, especially with cars that are brand new to SL that locals have no experience with.

• Like 1

What I wanted to express is that the concept behind Prius do not address to excitement sought by man animal

The urge to drive fast, feel the power, feel the sound, take the bend fast, quick overtakes,

Those are not going inline with saving fuel or reducing maintenance costs concepts that Prius is maximizing. Prius is not meant for those feelings

So, average man will not enjoy Prius. That's where the dislike is.

Owning a car is not all about saving money in fuel and maintenance costs. Ultimately it is something about satisfaction. It is Ok, if saving money contribute a major portion to your satisfaction. for those who are concern on saving Prius is a good car for them.

For those go after fun of driving it is not the same

drive a third generation prius and see the truth