• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What do you mean by "Toyota has not designed their cars with this crash test in mind"??

You mean to say Toyotas comes with an option to choose the types of crashes you will face?

VVT-i, Hari ne machang...Toyota wants to do a social service. By letting these Prius morons to perish on the spot, who are even stingy to use their brakes properly. If they survive through the crash safe mechanics , it'll make our lives more miserable. So toyota has a taken a timely decision not to make them crash safe so that these idiots scoot straight from this world to hell, rather than making our roads a moving hell with their damn slow big assed hybrids :P

Three cheers to Toyota

BTW.. Cali this is autolanka not barakaraththa lanka. So go give your bull crap elsewhere. , as JD said your are still yet to show us whichj foreign car forums you are a part of ?????? www.calinikan-bullcrap.com is it???

VVT-i, Hari ne machang...Toyota wants to do a social service. By letting these Prius morons to perish on the spot, who are even stingy to use their brakes properly. If they survive through the crash safe mechanics , it'll make our lives more miserable. So toyota has a taken a timely decision not to make them crash safe so that these idiots scoot straight from this world to hell, rather than making our roads a moving hell with their damn slow big assed hybrids :P

Three cheers to Toyota

BTW.. Cali this is autolanka not barakaraththa lanka. So go give your bull crap elsewhere. , as JD said your are still yet to show us whichj foreign car forums you are a part of ?????? www.calinikan-bullcrap.com is it???

Warlord, you really need to learn to (1) read properly, (2) comprehend what you're reading and (3) get your facts straight.

You missed the whole central point of VVTi's article. Almost looks like you didn't even bother to read the article. The article clearly states that Toyota's in general that have performed poorly on the new crash test, not just the Prius. So far the poor crash test results are a Toyota vehicle problem, not just a Prius or hybrid problem.

What do you mean by "Toyota has not designed their cars with this crash test in mind"??

You mean to say Toyotas comes with an option to choose the types of crashes you will face?

No, not at all.

The manufacturers don't get to choose what crash test their cars will be put through, but all the manufacturers are informed well ahead of time by the IIHS of new test procedures and test protocols. For whatever reason, Toyota did not design or update their current range of cars to perform acceptably in this new crash test.

Warlord, you really need to learn to (1) read properly, (2) comprehend what you're reading and (3) get your facts straight.

You missed the whole central point of VVTi's article. Almost looks like you didn't even bother to read the article. The article clearly states that Toyota's in general that have performed poorly on the new crash test, not just the Prius. So far the poor crash test results are a Toyota vehicle problem, not just a Prius or hybrid problem.

Cali, as much as i hate to reply to this, i want to coz this is one of the most stupidest comments i have come across.

1) I always read properly 2) I can comprehend english properly i guess a bit even better than you and 3) I have my facts straight.

Take some time , read your comment again and tell me whether your comment is correct??? You are forwarding one of the worst allegations one can make for an automaker without facts. Don't hide behind VVT-I. If You qualify the article, you back it, rather than speaking baseless words.

There are two folds in my comment. One is the ironical part for the hybrids and the next is the mockery towards the factlessness of your comment. I feel sorry for you for not seeing things properly

But you have still not given an answer to my question. Remember i wanted to know your overseas forum contributions????? Got cold feet????

Warlord, I too hate to reply to your post because your post is nonsense. You're lecturing about facts, but you have provided no facts to back up your assertions. I invite you to try to prove my post wrong by providing FACTS this time, not your meaningless BS. So please, try again....with FACTS this time.

Three cheers to Toyota

Warlord, this is the exactly the kind of post that puts AutoLanka well below the standards of the the international forums. Everything you wrote here is wrong. It's pure BS. And if you think your comments are correct, please provide facts and source links supporting your assertions.

I'll even go first. Here are some FACTS about Prius crash safety:

---The 2010-2013 Prius has received a "Top Safety Pick" award (which is the IIHS second best safety award) every year from the IIHS:

Source: http://www.iihs.org/...25&seriesid=566

---The Prius performs poorly on one test, the new Small Overlap Crash Test. This test result is what prevented it from getting the IIHS top safety award, the "Top Safety Pick Plus" award.

Source: http://www.greencarr...amry-fall-short

Now, please provide some facts and links proving what you wrote is correct.

Cali, as much as i hate to reply to this, i want to coz this is one of the most stupidest comments i have come across.

1) I always read properly 2) I can comprehend english properly i guess a bit even better than you and 3) I have my facts straight. Take some time , read your comment again and tell me whether your comment is correct??? .

Warlord, my comments are correct FACTS:

Every single Toyota (including Lexus models tested a few months ago) tested by IIHS on the Small Overlap Crash Test has received a "Poor" crash test rating. This is a fact. It's not only the Prius like you think, but all tested Toyotas.

Source: http://autos.yahoo.c...-001523428.html

You are forwarding one of the worst allegations one can make for an automaker without facts. Don't hide behind VVT-I. If You qualify the article, you back it, rather than speaking baseless words.There are two folds in my comment. One is the ironical part for the hybrids and the next is the mockery towards the factlessness of your comment. I feel sorry for you for not seeing things properly But you have still not given an answer to my question. Remember i wanted to know your overseas forum contributions????? Got cold feet????

I have provided facts supporting what I wrote and even provided links and a video supporting my comments. On the other hand you wrote that:

(1) Toyota engineered the Prius to "not make them crash safe"

(2) so "Prius morons perish"

(3) and Toyota did this to provide a "social service".

Isn't what you wrote one of the "worst allegations one can make for an automaker"?

Where are your facts? Where are your source links? If what you wrote is really true, please provide FACTS and SOURCE LINKS supporting your assertions. I've already done so. Now you do the same.

I don't have to tell anyone what other forums I belong to. But I can see you really do need to visit a few international car forums to see how far below standards your posts are. So here is one to check out.... http://priuschat.com/forum/.

Edited by Californikan

• 1 month later...
Warlord, I too hate to reply to your post because your post is nonsense. You're lecturing about facts, but you have provided no facts to back up your assertions. I invite you to try to prove my post wrong by providing FACTS this time, not your meaningless BS. So please, try again....with FACTS this time.

Warlord, this is the exactly the kind of post that puts AutoLanka well below the standards of the the international forums. Everything you wrote here is wrong. It's pure BS. And if you think your comments are correct, please provide facts and source links supporting your assertions.

I'll even go first. Here are some FACTS about Prius crash safety:

---The 2010-2013 Prius has received a "Top Safety Pick" award (which is the IIHS second best safety award) every year from the IIHS:

Source: http://www.iihs.org/...25&seriesid=566

---The Prius performs poorly on one test, the new Small Overlap Crash Test. This test result is what prevented it from getting the IIHS top safety award, the "Top Safety Pick Plus" award.

Source: http://www.greencarr...amry-fall-short

Now, please provide some facts and links proving what you wrote is correct.

Warlord, my comments are correct FACTS:

Every single Toyota (including Lexus models tested a few months ago) tested by IIHS on the Small Overlap Crash Test has received a "Poor" crash test rating. This is a fact. It's not only the Prius like you think, but all tested Toyotas.

Source: http://autos.yahoo.c...-001523428.html

I have provided facts supporting what I wrote and even provided links and a video supporting my comments. On the other hand you wrote that:

(1) Toyota engineered the Prius to "not make them crash safe"

(2) so "Prius morons perish"

(3) and Toyota did this to provide a "social service".

Isn't what you wrote one of the "worst allegations one can make for an automaker"?

Where are your facts? Where are your source links? If what you wrote is really true, please provide FACTS and SOURCE LINKS supporting your assertions. I've already done so. Now you do the same.

I don't have to tell anyone what other forums I belong to. But I can see you really do need to visit a few international car forums to see how far below standards your posts are. So here is one to check out.... http://priuschat.com/forum/.

Ha.. Cali

See that you have been the Bull (Gona) in a Chinese shop. Or rather a pimp in a brothel filled with grannies.

Listen dumbass..i almost feel like kicking my self rather than replying to this post, where it is like telling a tranny that they cannot reproduce.

So, just scoot with your lame ass articles and panditha talks and do something worthwhile like picking dog poo in a park , that might be more meaningful for you. ..shoo shoo go away

• Like 2

Ha.. Cali

See that you have been the Bull (Gona) in a Chinese shop. Or rather a pimp in a brothel filled with grannies.

Listen dumbass..i almost feel like kicking my self rather than replying to this post, where it is like telling a tranny that they cannot reproduce.

So, just scoot with your lame ass articles and panditha talks and do something worthwhile like picking dog poo in a park , that might be more meaningful for you. ..shoo shoo go away

bro forget it.. every time someone disses a hybrid something happens to his genitals... the poor MF....feel sorry for the idiot..

• Like 2

Toyota wants to do a social service.

By letting these Prius morons to perish on the spot, who are even stingy to use their brakes properly. If they survive through the crash safe mechanics , it'll make our lives more miserable.

So toyota has a taken a timely decision not to make them crash safe so that these idiots scoot straight from this world to hell,

If anyone at Toyota Japan ever read this, they would think Sri Lankans are idiots.

• Like 1

If anyone at Toyota Japan ever read this, they would think Sri Lankans are idiots.

Not really. However it IS true that everyone at autolanka reads your posts and thinks you are an idiot, if that makes you happy..

Not really. However it IS true that everyone at autolanka reads your posts and thinks you are an idiot, if that makes you happy..
Supra, for a fellow that continually gets his facts and information wrong (see the other hybrid thread for your latest blunder) you sure are talking big.

And all my posts are just the common thinking in the U.S. Call that idiotic if you want to.

p.s. you're also demonstrating a very bad habit that some of our dear fellows seem to have - making personal scores and grudges more important than having correct facts and correct information. If this was an international forum, warlords obviously wrong information would have been called out and corrected. But you defend the wrong information even though you know it is not right. Thanks for dragging AutoLanka below international forum standards.

Edited by Californikan

Supra, for a fellow that continually gets his facts and information wrong (see the other hybrid thread for your latest blunder) you sure are talking big.

And all my posts are just the common thinking in the U.S. Call that idiotic if you want to.

p.s. you're also demonstrating a very bad habit that some of our dear fellows seem to have - making personal scores and grudges more important than having correct facts and correct information. If this was an international forum, warlords obviously wrong information would have been called out and corrected. But you defend the wrong information even though you know it is not right. Thanks for dragging AutoLanka below international forum standards.

ahhh CALI... always nice to see you typing away.. again no one cares about US in SL... is thats the case we would have been in a better place now in terms of growth and economic well being... anyhoo... autolanka standards is kinda not ur business isnt it, unless of course u have gone and bought shares of it...

• Like 1

Yaaawwwn.... yes machan, we're ALL wrong and you are the only one who's right.. Please do go on and keep believing that, it seems to work well for you.

Edited by Supra_Natural

By any reckoning, it seem that even in the US, Conventional ICE vehicles have at least 95% of new car sales. Exactly how Cali calls this 5% (I'm being generous) of alternative power (hybrid, EV, whatever) car sales "Common" thinking ...

Liar, Liar, pants on fire :P

my biggest question is what does he gain from all this.. keeping up this argument... and on a sri lankan forum...

so he can be proud of his prius and him self showing us how intelligent he is to use a prius :D

You know what? I think this thread has gone on long enough, OP had his question answered ages ago and the rest is Cali's nonsense after all... Let him keep his particular brand of insanity on the Hybrids and ZEV News thread.

Thread closed.