• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Thats it, the only hybrid thread that had some value is now officially Claiforikan level retarded.

Ahh this is all coming from VVTi, the fellow who predicted hybrids would fail in SL and called Sri Lankans who paid 50+% tax on their hybrids "cheapskates" , when people in other countries pay 0% tax on their hybrids. What a clever fellow.

By the way, everything I write is the normal mainstream thinking and perspective about green technology vehicles in the developed markets. Sorry if it's too far ahead for you to grasp. Calling the thinking and perspective in developed market "retarded" only makes you the retard.

• Like 2

You have not read my article properly VVTi ......."Now as i see it the future will be not hybrids but electric cars......" So why don't you drive a rear wheel drive without AC and power steering and of course a manual too. Also why don't you try a bull cart.....???? That is anti future/ anti hybrid. I'm sure you would enjoy it while you say "ja ja""" he he.... Well i think you should stick to your cart and it's environment friendly too.... he he

BTW didn't know you could do this...."Hybrid is alike a drunk passed out girls whose punani is dry as sand paper and who just had a her period" ......didnt know that you have had sex with a woman like that... he he :speechless-smiley-023: I never tried, will try and will tell you whether it is like a hybrid...

..." So why don't you drive a rear wheel drive without AC and power steering and of course a manual too. Also why don't you try a bull cart.....???? That is anti future/ anti hybrid. I'm sure you would enjoy it while you say "ja ja""" he he.... Well i think you should stick to your cart and it's environment friendly too....

By the way, everything I write is the normal mainstream thinking and perspective about green technology vehicles in the developed markets. Sorry if it's too far ahead for you to grasp....

Smug Prius owners. They are everywhere :speechless-smiley-006:

ohhh dear :( another argument and i helped start it :( ... well ive got to agree with the haters.. hybrids definetly arent the future. EV is the future. i would gladly sell the prius and go for something like a Chevy Volt which looks much better, better performance and more cost saving in use. but thing is for now its too expensive and the Li ion battery is damn expensive to replace. the plugin version of the prius too is a bit too expensive.

I have to say this is probably the best Hybrid thread we've had on AL and we appreciate your candor.. Its good to see that the car works for you but personally speaking if I was going to spend 5.2 Million on transportation I could think of several much better choices to do the same job. For example;

1. For Fuel Economy - 99 Audi A4 1.9 Tdi - you can get a great one for 2 Mill or under, does 14km/l in the city on diesel. Still far more comfy and refined than a Prius despite the age.

2. For enjoyment - Impreza WRX or Sti, Lancer Evo 4 or 5, Nissan 300ZX - Any one of those can be picked up for under 2.5 Million

Total outlay - 4.5 Million, put the rest into savings for insurance and any upkeep that they need and you'll be well sorted. And enjoying life a lot more than if you'd blown 5.2 Million on a bloomin' Prius.

yeah. definetly but ive used the impreza for a while and the rear space was very limited. in this the rear space is better than usual japanese and i thought of getting a 407 but the parts would cost more than a hybrid if i messed them up like the multi link suspension.

I'm not against hybrid cars or the hybrid technology. I don't by a prius simply because I can't afford it. I can't afford more than 2.5M for a car and I think in general more than 50% of sri lankan car byers can't afford for a car more than that amount. Until such time the price tag of a hybrid fall to that level it will not be the majorities ride.

yeah. its not a cheap price tag. if i was on a tight budget i would go for a used 121. now thats a car i would recommend. when i sold my previous one it had 140,000km on it. i bought it at about 35000km and that was one durable car.. didnt have a single breakdown except battery dying after leaving for few weeks and once the fan belt broke. i bought it for 2 million and sold it Before the tax hike for 2.3 million. because it was an export model and not JDM the FE was not quite as good but it did 13 in colombo and 15 outstation. and the ride quality of a JDM 121 is comfy too. much better than buying a flimsy indian car.

my one true love... to find a nice supra in any condition. that plus a hybrid. not bad :) for boring driving in traffic, the prius. why not save a few bucks while idling in traffic. and for outstation and fun the supra

and another thing is. by this continuous evolution of technology the fun is being taken out of driving. when auto first came they were easier to drive but the performance was reduced and not as efficient as a manual. but now they are so developed that there is no clear advantage of having a manual. when CVT came they are even more efficient and gives better response for normal cars. but they even take out the slight jerk you feel in a auto. i still feel the thrill when a manual is being high revved and the jerk when shifting, it makes you feel you are driving something powerful. i used to love occasionally revving the engine in neutral. in the 121 i could put in park and do that, but in the prius i can only make the engine come on by flooring the accelerator in park. for the average driver to get from A to B the newer cars are ideal. but for someone with a passion for vehicles they just take the fun out of driving.

btw thats why i never use the cruise control. this has the radar cruise control and the LKA and in the highway it will drive itself and keep on the lane and keep away from the front car without any input from me. but seriously.... thats definitely not driving...

And to all those prius (and other) drivers out there.... its much more important to go in a manner which does not aggravate other drivers while trying to save a few cents on petrol because if one of those aggravated drivers decides to pay back by being aggressive. you might possibly end up with a much more costly repair bill. :D because ive done this to motor cyclists and three wheelers who annoy me. and since its a car a big vehicle isnt going to give much concern either. when i drove my L200 cars used to move out of the way because a cab is harder and not easily damaged and repairs are cheap. but now in the car its a much more difficult world :)

its a common thing that when you can continuously see the FE you get you automatically try to increase it. because in the 121 i never knew how the FE was till i fill the tank so i wasnt trying to get the best FE because i didnt know whether what is was doing was giving goo mileage so i drove as i liked. but if you try to save cents by going too slowly in traffic then if one of those drivers gets in front of you and starts braking like crazy. all that economy will be drown the drain...

hope it helps make even a tiny difference

• Like 1

and to any prius users.. never use the ECO button unless you have a very heavy foot because for one thing it feels like accelerating with 20 people in the car and the fuel economy benefit is reduced in SL conditions. its good for open roads when you want to coast. but in normal roads thats an easy way to get rear ended or get shouted at.

ohhh dear :( another argument and i helped start it :( .

Nah, you didn't start this argument. Truth is, on AL any hybrid thread easily turns into an argument because people like VVTi, Charitha and a few others consistently start problems on hybrid threads. They can't understand that there's room for discussion and information about all sorts of cars on an automotive forum.

Here's a hybrid thread from 18 months ago where these very same fellows turn a thread about hybrid maintenance into an argument...

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/10754-hybrid-maintanence/

• Like 1

I am sorry I meant to type 6 cyllinder missed the number 6 by the way... I owned a E 39 and i know about how many cyliinders they have..... buy VVTi you should check how many cyllinders the bull cart will have..... :speechless-smiley-004:

Oh, really, how many cylinders does your average E39 have? :)

and another thing. you dont need to go to the agents for every damn thing like a service. they just charge soo much for such a simple job. the service is no different to any other car, i do the service for lyk 13000rs and since its every 10000km its cheaper than the 121. when i accidently depleted the 12V battery toyota lanka asked for 60000 to bring a replacement. and it only needs to be replaced with a fully sealed gel battery which i got for 6000rs from a battery dealer

You have not read my article properly VVTi ......."Now as i see it the future will be not hybrids but electric cars......" So why don't you drive a rear wheel drive without AC and power steering and of course a manual too. Also why don't you try a bull cart.....???? That is anti future/ anti hybrid. I'm sure you would enjoy it while you say "ja ja""" he he.... Well i think you should stick to your cart and it's environment friendly too.... he he

BTW didn't know you could do this...."Hybrid is alike a drunk passed out girls whose punani is dry as sand paper and who just had a her period" ......didnt know that you have had sex with a woman like that... he he :speechless-smiley-023: I never tried, will try and will tell you whether it is like a hybrid...

Doubt you will have sex with a woman, passed out or not machang... you sound like someone who find pleasure in little boys... :)

BTW, this power steering matter you pulled out, was it because I mentioned Torque Steering?

Ahh this is all coming from VVTi, the fellow who predicted hybrids would fail in SL and called Sri Lankans who paid 50+% tax on their hybrids "cheapskates" , when people in other countries pay 0% tax on their hybrids. What a clever fellow.

By the way, everything I write is the normal mainstream thinking and perspective about green technology vehicles in the developed markets. Sorry if it's too far ahead for you to grasp. Calling the thinking and perspective in developed market "retarded" only makes you the retard.

I call buggers like you cheapskates still because I have seen Prius drivers pumping Rs500 in the tank at stations... even three wheeler drivers are hiken puna... :)

Buggers like you makes me go hiken puna too... :)

Nah, you didn't start this argument. Truth is, on AL any hybrid thread easily turns into an argument because people like VVTi, Charitha and a few others consistently start problems on hybrid threads. They can't understand that there's room for discussion and information about all sorts of cars on an automotive forum.

Here's a hybrid thread from 18 months ago where these very same fellows turn a thread about hybrid maintenance into an argument...

http://forum.autolan...id-maintanence/

listen Cali... i was never against hybrids.. if u want it go get it.. i wont buy it until i am forced to own one.. the OP actually gave good facts without shoving it down peoples throats... and u come here again with ur hybrid fetish and defecate again on another thread...

u will always be nikan...

The E39 has 5 cyllinders right? Happy??? now you can have your little orgasm, the one that comes out of a 5mm diameter rod who even the small children with their good vision would need a magnifier to look at.

I guess this idiot VVTi shithead who got in to a prius doesn't know that 500 bucks can get you more than half way to kandy! in your heaven car it won't take you out of colombo.... jeez some people.I bet your month's salary is not even 12.5% of mine and you talk about cheapskates.

But wouldn't you rather pump a full-tank at one go or at least enough to get you ALL the way to kandy :P

You're mistaking being 'poor' with being 'cheap'. Clearly your boss paying you more than you're worth.. I'll take pity on you and teach you the difference. Maybe then you can go ask your boss for a raise (without having to pull your pants down and bend over) ..

A poor person doesnt have money. A cheapo in this context (or cheapskate) is someone who sees pleasure in simply seeing money in his wallet. So rather than hand over Rs.2000 to the petrolshed and pump enough for a return trip to kandy, he likes to pump the bare minimum so that the money is in his wallet for a few more hours. So at the midpoint toilet break around kurunegala he looks at the 1500 in his wallet and gets a hard-on; which in return lets him take a leak without pissing on his shoe or sitting on the filthy toilet seat in the petrol shed.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 4

The E39 has 5 cyllinders right? Happy??? now you can have your little orgasm, the one that comes out of a 5mm diameter rod who even the small children with their good vision would need a magnifier to look at.

I guess this idiot VVTi shithead who got in to a prius doesn't know that 500 bucks can get you more than half way to kandy! in your heaven car it won't take you out of colombo.... jeez some people.I bet your month's salary is not even 12.5% of mine and you talk about cheapskates.

A typical, highly smug Prius owner!! What is the difference between woman in this video and Dushan Perera?

Comprehension is not one of your strengths, isn't it? .... :)

Look up Cheapskate on the Dictionary machang

BTW, How many times are you planning on stopping on the way to Kandy?

Edited by VVTi

But wouldn't you rather pump a full-tank at one go or at least enough to get you ALL the way to kandy :P

You're mistaking being 'poor' with being 'cheap'. Clearly your boss paying you more than you're worth.. I'll take pity on you and teach you the difference. Maybe then you can go ask your boss for a raise (without having to pull your pants down and bend over) ..

A poor person doesnt have money. A cheapo in this context (or cheapskate) is someone who sees pleasure in simply seeing money in his wallet. So rather than hand over Rs.2000 to the petrolshed and pump enough for a return trip to kandy, he likes to pump the bare minimum so that the money is in his wallet for a few more hours. So at the midpoint toilet break around kurunegala he looks at the 1500 in his wallet and gets a hard-on; which in return lets him take a leak without pissing on his shoe or sitting on the filthy toilet seat in the petrol shed.

i am curious as to how he came up with 12.5 % of his salary. @dushan perera: i am sure u are great at math since u drive a hybrid and all.. but still 12.5%?... @VVTI is this guy stalking u or something.. seems to be knowing how much u earn as stuff... oh man scary stuff... hybrid stalker...

hmmm so much of argument.out of all arguments can somebody please shed some lights on the prius variants please? sorry for my ignorance.i just want to the differences between 1st gen,3rd gen and etc.hope some body can help without insulting :D

hmmm so much of argument.out of all arguments can somebody please shed some lights on the prius variants please? sorry for my ignorance.i just want to the differences between 1st gen,3rd gen and etc.hope some body can help without insulting :D

I think the hybrid gurus will help u out... no one is going to insult you this is a legit question..

That is if any of the Hybrid 'gurus' know anything at all apart from the fact that Rs.500 will take them x distance on the way to Kandy... :)

Gen 1, 2, 3 are exactly that.... advancements of the previous models with improved technology, resigned shapes, extra options, and the obvious, later generations are the newer ones.... ;)