• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Montero 3.2 Di-D

ruwan1

Ever heard of a telephone? Use it! Call the people who put up the advert.. i'm sure they included a phone number :P Shy?

Side note:

If one dont have the balls to call the agent, lord save them when their vehicle gets delayed by months and they have to call the agent to find out where the vehicle is. I foresee a bunch of "I orderd a STD Viva Montero 3.2 Di-D and it still hasnt arrived" threads

• Like 1

Ya well I called they never pick up the phone, so could you give us more info.

so i think you've got the first sign of painful future ownership with agents. Since it's million rupee

matter, reserve a day and come colombo, and enlight us as well.

Ya well I called they never pick up the phone, so could you give us more info.

Why not go to the agents? That's usually the best thing to do. No one on this forum has seen the vehicle in person since they haven't imported it yet. So clearly only the agents will know what it has.

i called them... more than what it had... they told me what it didn't have.... no sunroof, no leather, no blah blah blah...

so basically you will get a basic diesel monty that has ac and power shutters for 10 mil .

according to my knowledge the CIF for a w98 (JDM) was something like yen 3,400,000........ but what they are offering for the permit is yen 2.4+ million (CIF).....

so there is no other way that you can get a brand new montero for that price without cutting its options

but i m sure people will be pretty happy with it and majority of the people ( who can afford) will go for it

and it has happened already........ for an example the auto montero sport which is offered for the permit is only available in Sri Lanka ( I m talking about its options)

and majority of the original options were omitted to suit it for the permit

personally, i dont like vehicles with sun roof as it will start leaking in few years time and the leather seats which become ovens under the sun

but your taste may be different

but still you have the option of buying a diesel montero for just LKR 20 million+ and enjoy the those options...............

and let those poor follows who are not that rich buying that semi-luxury version.......................

Edited by priyanka

i called them... more than what it had... they told me what it didn't have.... no sunroof, no leather, no blah blah blah...

So basically you will get a basic diesel monty that has ac and power shutters for 10 mil .

didn't get a chance to see the features offer by top of the range model montero.

But i guess you look at the bright Side,

loads of options are just a bullshit if you really don't use/need them.

I admit people have different tastes , but for me i think that automobile industry have completed MY requirements in early 90's. :)

power shutters + central locking + decent stereo + retractable mirrors +ABS + Few airbags + ESP.(my list)

If you consider some of those,

safety features - almost standard throughout the series since international regulations , such as ABS+AIRBAGS+ESP In european countries.

Leather seats - make unnecessary hassles, crack with time, fade with sunlight and need extra care . So useless because synthetic material will does the job more easily.

Electric seats - the most useless feature, my mama's 97 toyota has a 3 way manual seat adjustment which i love/so easy/so quick , with electrics you've to fiddle with buttons , settings , and it's not quick enough,tried once to adjust the electric seats in new 407, almost fed up .

Sunroof- being a country near equater, does it needed, mind you in most cases , it leaks like old pre menapausal women , which is quite irritating .unnecessary troubles .

Reverse sensors/camera/radar/ - a real man should be able to Reverse his car + drive only with one hand on steering .a camera show up others that you're feminine.

CVT/triptronic- ask do they have manual version? it's more fun, easy , quicker , hassle free.

Alloys - matter of 50-75k aftermarket if you really bother.

7 seats- again if needed you can aftermarket

HID/BIXNEON - Yes if/ NO if they don't offer.not a big deal.

side notes - based on my personal preferences , still i believe it's a good offer for permit.

Edited by chan5
  • Like 1

so basically you will get a basic diesel monty that has ac and power shutters for 10 mil .

Fuzzo, is that 10 mil all inclusive i.e agent fees etc????

Lets see I dont understand whats these Japanese car companies do, Toyota lanka can only offer Corolla and Yaris, Mitsubishi can only offer Basic Montero and Basic Monte sport.(there are some other cars but I only mentioned the popular ones), Where as for the same permit european companies offer BMW 5, X3 and Jag, Merc C class, Audi (A4 and A6) and Landrover FL2 (can bring down a hardly used one). I just simply dont understand the logic behind this. I think if we need a SUV BMW X3 and landrover FL2 is better value for the money than going for the japanese option. Not to mention Montero and Monte Sport you have to pay luxury and semi luxury taxes each year (50k and 25k respectively) where as X3 and FL2 dont have to pay anything. And cost of buying is X3 8.4 mil and FL2 7.4 mil. And looks like Monte is 10 mil. And both those cars have loads of options but only downside is both are 5 seater but Mont and Monte sport are 7 seater. I think thats the only plus side of those two.

Lets see I dont understand whats these Japanese car companies do, Toyota lanka can only offer Corolla and Yaris, Mitsubishi can only offer Basic Montero and Basic Monte sport.(there are some other cars but I only mentioned the popular ones), Where as for the same permit european companies offer BMW 5, X3 and Jag, Merc C class, Audi (A4 and A6) and Landrover FL2 (can bring down a hardly used one). I just simply dont understand the logic behind this. I think if we need a SUV BMW X3 and landrover FL2 is better value for the money than going for the japanese option. Not to mention Montero and Monte Sport you have to pay luxury and semi luxury taxes each year (50k and 25k respectively) where as X3 and FL2 dont have to pay anything. And cost of buying is X3 8.4 mil and FL2 7.4 mil. And looks like Monte is 10 mil. And both those cars have loads of options but only downside is both are 5 seater but Mont and Monte sport are 7 seater. I think thats the only plus side of those two.

Are you seriously comparing a X3/FL2 to a montero purely on the seating capacity???

Clearly the 8.4mil will get you a X3 but taste and common sense seem to be "optional" in your case..

The logic, my friend is the fact that the average Sri Lankan would rather buy japanese than any other brand. And even though plenty of interesting vehicles can be brought in under that permit a significant number of people would still rather have a Montero than anything else. Unimo had taken 160 orders on the very first day of offer and their target is apparently 3000 vehicles... I wont be at all surprised if they meet that target.

Edited by Supra_Natural

very simple brother. Japanese yen is stronger than USD....... so the price of a japan car is higher

this has become a problem to the Japanese car market also as some of the cars were removed from the European/UK market as those vehicles cannot compete with their competitors because of the high price

Edited by priyanka

Are you seriously comparing a X3/FL2 to a montero purely on the seating capacity???

Clearly the 8.4mil will get you a X3 but taste and common sense seem to be "optional" in your case..

Are you seriously suggesting that Montero is better than X3 or FL2? I think Only advantage of monte is the seating capacity (may be cheaper maintenance but then again have to consider Luxury tax that it has to pay each year and extra cost of fuel compare to above 2 SUVs so it will come to same or maybe monte will have a expensive yearly cost) another advantage is the 2nd hand market but like supra_natural said if they go for the 3000 cars 2nd hand market will crash just like it happend to 2008 monte sport. Ya I agree with supra_natural that avg sri lankan would rather buy a Japanese car cos thats how SL were brought up And @Priyanka its not USD that you have to consider when you are buying X3 and FL2, its the Euro and BSP. But anyway that cant justify the fact that BMW and Audis and Mercs and LR have gone to Corolla price. Think at least Uni moto can offer Monte but toyota can only offer corolla and yaris they dont even offer fortuner. Anyway what are the offerings from Nissan??. Ya I also think uni moto will go for 3000 car target but there will be a model replacement very soon for monte.

ah say so... a permit is well over 2mn now... monte was advertised yesterday for 8.9mn or 9.9mn hmmmm seem to have forgotten...

it's pathetic this professionals selling permit , specially for Garandiyas who bring down 5 series and issuing talks to the community ,

it's pathetic this professionals selling permit , specially for Garandiyas who bring down 5 series and issuing talks to the community ,

personally I dont see a problem in them selling their permit... It's something they are entitled to... chan5, I presume you're a dude; so imagine you win a 100,000 gift voucher at Triamph.. are you gonna go buy 100k of panties and bras n wear it your-self? I would think you would either sell the vouchers or give it to someone else..

Likewise, if the permit holder doesnt plan to import a vehicle why not let him sell the permit and use the money for something he needs/wants. There's nothing pathetic about it.. and honestly think about it.. and how many government servants do you think have 8-10 million bucks lying around that he can spend on a car?

If you're issue is with the people who buy the permit, I share your sentiment. We DO seem to have a bunch of self righteous permit-buyers among us.

• Like 3