• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Good Place For Engine Tuneup

hondacivic

I read most of them and one thing is that they are quite old posts. Most say go to the agents and thats in Wattala. So that's why i am looking for a good spot around colombo. Is Lal Alawatta good? how much will it cost?

try ....Macro auto tech..Rs2500

I read most of them and one thing is that they are quite old posts. Most say go to the agents and thats in Wattala. So that's why i am looking for a good spot around colombo. Is Lal Alawatta good? how much will it cost?

'hondacivic',

Try Mr. Dammika Fernando at kotta road Borella. He has a telephone if you go through A/L previous threads you can find his number.

I know he do tuning by himself. His father is also a Automobile engineer who started in 1970s tuning of Automobiles.

Mr. LAL ALAWATTA he is good, but gets his assistants to do the jobs, he has expanded so much he cannot handle his work load at Batharamulla.

Marco is also good but no personal attention. His work shop is situated at Boralesgamuwa. Out of Colombo.

One more place you can try POWER PLUS AT. Nawala Road Narahenpita. contact number is 2581342.

May be around Rupees 3000.00.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• Like 1

'hondacivic',

Try Mr. Dammika Fernando at kotta road Borella. He has a telephone if you go through A/L previous threads you can find his number.

I know he do tuning by himself. His father is also a Automobile engineer who started in 1970s tuning of Automobiles.

Mr. LAL ALAWATTA he is good, but gets his assistants to do the jobs, he has expanded so much he cannot handle his work load at Batharamulla.

Marco is also good but no personal attention. His work shop is situated at Boralesgamuwa. Out of Colombo.

One more place you can try POWER PLUS AT. Nawala Road Narahenpita. contact number is 2581342.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

never go to alawatta man, he's bloody swollen headed.show some attitudes to you ,why see those while paying your money .

i Recommend the joint at kotta road .

• Like 1

never go to alawatta man, he's bloody swollen headed.show some attitudes to you ,why see those while paying your money .

i Recommend the joint at kotta road .

'chan5',

Your post is perfectly correct I did not want to mention about him that is the reason I told in a different way.

He was send off number of reputed automobile Agents due to his inherited faults.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Now there is a Toyota Lanka workshop at Maharagama, not aware of the prices, should be higher than the places mentioned by others.

Now there is a Toyota Lanka workshop at Maharagama, not aware of the prices, should be higher than the places mentioned by others.

'DMendis',Toyota Lanka workshop at Maharagama is on high level road former Kleen Park work shop.Opposite side on Arpico show room.Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'DMendis',Toyota Lanka workshop at Maharagama is on high level road former Kleen Park work shop.Opposite side on Arpico show room.Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'hondacivic',

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Found Mr. Dhammika Fernando's number in the forum through a search. its 011-2694223. Im also going to call him and do a tuneup for my AE110

Hi Guys,

Any special ways of tuning a Pajero GDI?

I went for my usual mechanic, whose from uni mo, and for the tune up all he did was cleared the injectors, replaced the plugs, cleaned the throttle body.

That's it.

Shouldn't here be a process of adjusting the engine rev?

When I inquired he said something about acceleration works electronically related to a magnet, but as far as I know there is a voltage sensor/or some acceleration equipment which captures a voltage signal and informs the throttlebody and other related components which supports to keep the rev, shouldn't that component be checked for the correctness of it's default value? (Which comes into play when engine is at IDLE)

Please advice.

Thanks.

Hi Guys,

Any special ways of tuning a Pajero GDI?

I went for my usual mechanic, whose from uni mo, and for the tune up all he did was cleared the injectors, replaced the plugs, cleaned the throttle body.

That's it.

Shouldn't here be a process of adjusting the engine rev?

When I inquired he said something about acceleration works electronically related to a magnet, but as far as I know there is a voltage sensor/or some acceleration equipment which captures a voltage signal and informs the throttlebody and other related components which supports to keep the rev, shouldn't that component be checked for the correctness of it's default value? (Which comes into play when engine is at IDLE)

Please advice.

Thanks.

Y3K, I think you have become very confused.

In modern cars, the idle speed is controlled by the ECU. Now you can adjust this a bit using the butterfly adjustment screw on the throttle body, but this should not really be necessary. The ECU has a number of inputs which it uses to make the decision. It gets an input from the throttle position sensor, map sensor, rpm sensor, oxygen sensor, airflow sensor, knock sensor and so on. It also know when your air conditioning is turned on. Based on this it adjusts the idle speed using the idle control valve or a similar mechanism.

You can't really "tune up" modern ECU driven cars. The term has stuck from the good old days when cars required a lot of manual adjustment. The modern day tune up is a quick check up and a clean of sensors, throttle body, plugs etc.

Y3K, I think you have become very confused.

In modern cars, the idle speed is controlled by the ECU. Now you can adjust this a bit using the butterfly adjustment screw on the throttle body, but this should not really be necessary. The ECU has a number of inputs which it uses to make the decision. It gets an input from the throttle position sensor, map sensor, rpm sensor, oxygen sensor, airflow sensor, knock sensor and so on. It also know when your air conditioning is turned on. Based on this it adjusts the idle speed using the idle control valve or a similar mechanism.

You can't really "tune up" modern ECU driven cars. The term has stuck from the good old days when cars required a lot of manual adjustment. The modern day tune up is a quick check up and a clean of sensors, throttle body, plugs etc.

Thanks for clearing that up mate :)

• 3 years later...
Dear experts,

I am planning on doing an Engine tune up and spark plug replacement this weekend for my Starlet EP91 ( fuel consumption too high).

Please suggest good places I can get it done. Name of place, location and if possible how much it will cost me generally.

Thanks.

PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR ENGINE IS T. L . IT IS, AND ADD A SET OF HT LEADS AND AN AIR-FILTER FOR GOOD MEASURE

WISHING YOU HAPPY MOTORING!

TT.

Edited by Twin Turbo