• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Are Various Versions (Grades) Of Toyota Premio?

zeristo

Question

13 answers to this question

Considering how oftenthe Premio and Allion topics pop up I am sure the answer to your question is out there on the forums. But oh well...

2WD:

ZRT-261 : 2.0 ltr engine (seriously doubt this there in Sri Lanka as it is pretty rare here in Japan as well)

ZRT-260 : 1.8 ltr engine

NZT-260 : 1.5ltr engine

4WD:

ZRT-265 : 1.8ltr (again seriously doubt this is available in SL as it is rare even in Japan)

Grades: This is where it gets confusing as you try to distinguish manufacturer packaged equipment for grades with dealership packaged options, special editions etc...

I will arrange the grades from highest to lowest.

Manufacturer Grades:

ZRT-261 <2.0 ltr> :

2.0G-Superior

2.0G

This G-superior is far from the 1.5ltr G-Superior <which will be referred to later>. Has leather seats, Traction Control, heated massaging power seats,Toyota Intelligent Parking assist as standard equipment, apart from the gold badges and front grille garnishing etc of the 1.5 ltr G-Superior more familiar on Sri Lankan roads; all the bells and whistles are close to that of a high-end car like a Crown. It is quite expensive and rare as not many people even in Japan buy it. Only time I saw one was at Toyota’s gallery and the it was expensive enough the sales girl told me I should consider a Mark X.

ZRT-260 <1.8 ltr>

1.8X “EX Package”

1.8X “L Package”

1.8X

Plus a special bundle/package edition : X L Package Prime Selection

NZT-260 <1.5 ltr>

1.5F L Package

1.5F

Plus special bundle/package edition: 1.5F L Package Prime Selection

In addition Toyota offers a G-Superior package for the highest grade the 1.5 model (ie 1.5F L package), with just the dealer options (badges, alloy wheel choices, front grille, interior garnishing etc...) without any of the manufacturer's standard accessories for the grade (leather seats, heated massaging power seats, plus some sound proofing and the electronics). That is they take a 1.5F L Package with the basic options for that grade,add all the options that you can select for the 2.0G-Superior from the dealer's options list and badge it as a G SUPERIOR package. I am not sure if this is done for the 1.8X EX Package or not.

The following link takes you to the grades that Toyota offers <i.e the grades that the car is manufactured as with the default accessories for each grade>:

http://toyota.jp/premio/concept/grade/index.html

I believe at the end of the day the most widely available would be the 1.5 variants, with a few 1.8 variants. Seriously doubt there are 2.0 variants around but you never know.

The grade at which the car was manufactured as can be found out by the model code if you are really interested. But that is a whole different discussion :) but can be easily found at Toyota's website or a catalogue. Also there was a website where you could enter the chassis number and it would tell you the basic specs of the car. I can't remember what it is but maybe a fellow AL member might know what I am talking about.

• Like 3

Thank yu so much for the valuable info irage. It is very helpful.

Btw anybody know how much a low mileage ( around 500km run odometer) brand new premio 1.5 g superior package cost in Sri Lanka presently?

get the sunday newspapers, refer the AL advert s. Call them and have the idea.and if you can manage to earn 5-6 millions for premio, sure you can manage to find the price tag of the car.can't you.?

Thank yu so much for the valuable info irage. It is very helpful.

Btw anybody know how much a low mileage ( around 500km run odometer) brand new premio 1.5 g superior package cost in Sri Lanka presently?

Dude, the g superior is a massive fraud. iRage has explained it nicely. just buy a standard f l package and add the g superior bits later. like the grille, fake leather seat covers, side moulding, alloys and bodykit. I came across one recently and that had been cleared for 9.1 mil. but went on sale for 8.4 mil. either way I wouldn't be seen dead in one cos I dont want the world to think I paid a million plus in duty for a car pretending to be something its not.

• Like 1

Dude, the g superior is a massive fraud.

Agreed...it is mainly a marketing ploy...here in Japan the price difference between the F L Package and the 1.5 G Superior is quite minimal <as it is only some frilly bits> and in fact the dealership doesn't even call it G-Superior yet alone offer the package upgrade. It is called F L Package with G Superior <I have no idea how to translate the Japanese phrase to English without it making not funny sounding>. Just for curiosity I searched for some Premios on g***net and a***net and none of those sites call the 1.5 with G-Superior G-Superior, it is called Fl Package.Interestingly the only site that called it G-Superior was a car Sri Lankan owned car sales company :)

If you like the Premio and heart set on buying one the congratulations it will be a reliable economic work horse for many years provided you take care for it. But if you are open to alternatives there are plenty of alternatives (even Euro cars) for that price segment in SL.

Thanks, btw what are the good alternatives with good fuel efficiency and resale value?

/

with given priorities , the best option again is allion/premio.

I must say,

dude.. 8 million for premio(used )?

If you come out from your bingo hole, and see the world, just beyond these tastless bandas.

Since you asked for options.

BMW 320D-2011/12.

AUDI A4-2011/12.

Peugeot 508- 2012.

Kia Optima 2012.

Hyundai sonata 2012.

Mazda Axella .

Some of above are under permit imports, so you will have some lag period for transfer.(mind you it's quite commen these days).and who cares , when you drive a brand new A4 /508/320d?

Finally it's your money, your decision.

/

I must say,

If you come out from your bingo hole, and see the world, just beyond these tastless bandas.

BMW 320D-2011/12.

AUDI A4-2011/12.

Peugeot 508- 2012.

Kia Optima 2012.

Hyundai sonata 2012.

Mazda Axella .

Some of above are under permit imports, so you will have some lag period for transfer.(mind you it's quite commen these days).and who cares , when you drive a brand new A4 /508/320d?

I heard german cars are costly to maintain and have huge depreciation.

Recently a friend sold off his 2002 c180 kompressor which he bought second hand a year back, reason was due to huge service costs and bad fuel efficiency!

Also i heard that i can get 520d for price of premio if i get hold of $25000 permit....true? 520d worth buying in srilanka?

• Like 1

/

I must say,

BMW 320D-2011/12.

AUDI A4-2011/12.

Peugeot 508- 2012.

Kia Optima 2012.

Hyundai sonata 2012.

Mazda Axella .

The best and the sexiest alternative in my opinion

I believe the alternative Euro options are stated so no point repeating them again.

The Premio is a good car that will get you from A to B and it does give you a reasonable amount of creature comforts....but I personally don't think a 1.5F L Package with G-Superior badges is actually worth 8+ mil . A 5-series with a permit for that amount of money would be a whole lot more car. As for depreciation...well I really can't comment on depreciation of cars in SL...it way too mind boggling.

Also....most of the mainstream European cars do have a timeless appeal, whilst Japanese econo boxes...well they do go out of fashion and turn to be an eye sore after sometime.

I heard german cars are costly to maintain and have huge depreciation.

Are new Japanese cars these days any much cheaper to maintain ? Considering that most of these new Japanese cars shouldn't probably be fixed by the mechanic next door with nothing but a wrench and a hammer you probably will have to go to a properly equipped garage; which would cost quite a lot ? Is it an actual matter of the cost being lower or that because there are crappy Indonesia/Chinese cheaper options for parts and people really not caring too much about what happens to their car that it is a conceived notion that it is cheaper.

1 hour ago, sumithwj said:

What are the original features of premio 2013

Please search the forum. I have merged your thread with an existing one with answers to your question. Read through.