• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Classic/collectible Cars

GTAm

For anyone interested.. Think it worths the askin price..

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=146201'>http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=146201

That car has had a few transplants in its 40 year life. Im not a jag expert at all, but the butt and the dashboard doesnt seem to be right. Maybe thats why nobody is touching it, even for less than a mill.

Maybe supra or md can correct me if im wrong.

Yes..yes.. please enlighten us !! if any of you know about the car..

The dashboard is off a series one.

http://www.dmclassiccars.co.uk/sold/jaguar-xj6

The rear seems all right if u compare with this one

http://www.simoncars.co.uk/jaguar/slides/t_Jaguar%20XJ%20Series%20II%201975%20XJ6L%20tail.jpg

Also did xj6 ever come with a manual gearbox? I thought it was all autos.

Guys

I think we need to add the Daihatsu Charade to the list, and i had a deTomaso have never seen a Detomaso in SL but seen few GTI turbo models and hope can own it for cheap price

And another turbo model is Honda City small 2 door car not sure any of with good condition

regards

JC

JC the Charade was a front runner in my Classic Itch article the Mag. It has excellent race history in SL and yes the De Tomaso would be particularly interesting and they were all fun to drive with their buzzing 3 pots.

Also did xj6 ever come with a manual gearbox? I thought it was all autos.

There were a few Crosswind. I guess selling them in countries like Italy and France in those days there would have been some demand for manuals and also there must have been British buyers too. Remember that these were the most thirsty cars of their era so a slushbox only makes them worse.

JC the Charade was a front runner in my Classic Itch article the Mag. It has excellent race history in SL and yes the De Tomaso would be particularly interesting and they were all fun to drive with their buzzing 3 pots.

Had a DeTomaso few years back and use to be my daily drive to work but i had to sell the car coz someone reported to the cops about my careless driving. no wonder Detomaso with factory fitted things like,

- Race tuned cam with 1.6 engine

- Rally suspension

- Recaro seats

- Nardi Torino steering wheel

- LSD Diff

- Factory bodykit

Handles like a go cart man

Do you think any Detomaso 201S in Sri Lanka?????

Had a DeTomaso few years back and use to be my daily drive to work but i had to sell the car coz someone reported to the cops about my careless driving. no wonder Detomaso with factory fitted things like,

- Race tuned cam with 1.6 engine

- Rally suspension

- Recaro seats

- Nardi Torino steering wheel

- LSD Diff

- Factory bodykit

Handles like a go cart man

Do you think any Detomaso 201S in Sri Lanka?????

Wow sounds like quite a car. Why don't you try to trace it? It's sure a highly sort after machine which has yet to get proper recognition. I recall how they dominated the Sri Lankan racing scene in their class back when they were current. There was very fast white De Tomaso which was very dominant. Can't remember the drivers name.