• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Historic Images Of Old Ceylon - Automotive And Otherwise

Sampath Gunasekera

(1) Did both of these individuals die from the same accident?
(2) I thought Rukamni Devi got into an accident in a Mitsubishi Delica hence the phrase Rukmani model Delica.

(1) Yes, both individuals died from the same accident. It is in the description of the video clip too.

(Mr. Daya Perera was a well known photographer in Sri Lanka in 1970's. His creations were priceless. In 1978 October 28 in Ja ela Srilanka an accident unfortunately we lost 2 honorable characters of our nation Mr. Daya Perera (02-06-1944 to 28-10-1978) and Rukmani Devi..)

(2) No, it was a Toyota Hiace First Generation Van.

Visit Google: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_HiAce

m101.jpg

I have heard that , after the accident , particular damaged van could be seen at Freudenberg (Previous Toyota Agent) for some time.

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

(1) Yes, both individuals died from the same accident. It is in the description of the video clip too.

(Mr. Daya Perera was a well known photographer in Sri Lanka in 1970's. His creations were priceless. In 1978 October 28 in Ja ela Srilanka an accident unfortunately we lost 2 honorable characters of our nation Mr. Daya Perera (02-06-1944 to 28-10-1978) and Rukmani Devi..)

(2) No, it was a Toyota Hiace First Generation Van.

Visit Google: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_HiAce

m101.jpg

I have heard that , after the accident , particular damaged van could be seen at Freudenberg (Previous Toyota Agent) for some time.

uhh...but the van in the image is a second gen Hiace (LH20/30/40) from 1977-1983 ?...the shape of the body is different, also the front is a dead give away...notice in the video clip that

1. the front nose is a lot more angular/triangular

2. first gen has a grill going right across the front, 2nd gen does not have it like in the the video

3. the light bezel is different (circular head lamp with park/signal lights within the same bezel, gen 1 has the park/signal light combo higher up separate from the head lamps

So the question is..why is the Rukamani Hiace called a Rukmani hiace if she did not have the accident in one ?

uhh...but the van in the image is a second gen Hiace (LH20/30/40) from 1977-1983 ?...the shape of the body is different, also the front is a dead give away...notice in the video clip that

1. the front nose is a lot more angular/triangular

2. first gen has a grill going right across the front, 2nd gen does not have it like in the the video

3. the light bezel is different (circular head lamp with park/signal lights within the same bezel, gen 1 has the park/signal light combo higher up separate from the head lamps

So the question is..why is the Rukamani Hiace called a Rukmani hiace if she did not have the accident in one ?

Agree with you iRage. Was any facelift model for Toyota Hiace First Generation?

Or why people cooked up this nickname for a different model? Something has gone wrong.

z6ed.jpg

Dear Members,

I received a telephone call last evening from Mr.Ssampath Gunasekara.

To find out not, posting posts to this A/L forum.

My answer to him was that few senior members do not like posting any posts towards to A/L.

He requests me to post again. Therefore I decided to post again.

Sylvi.

(Sylvester Wijesinghe)

• Like 2

Dear Members,

My answer to him was that few senior members do not like posting any posts towards to A/L.

Sylvi.

(Sylvester Wijesinghe)

Welcome back Sylvi sir.Nice to see you posting again.We missed you.

• Like 4

Welcome back Sylvi sir.Nice to see you posting again.We missed you.

Thank You Master Don.

Sylvi.

Tha van in the Rupavahini clip is definitely a LH40.

Yes. For Hiace wans was named after this accident.As Rukmani Hiace. If Iam not mistaken.

Sylvi.

• Like 2

Dear Members,

Sylvi.

(Sylvester Wijesinghe)

welcome back Sylvi!

• Like 1

Dear Members,

Sylvi.

(Sylvester Wijesinghe)

Welcome back Mr. Sylvi..

What is this car model with convertible rear segment?

(HM Queen Elizabeth II in Kandy - 1954)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152018748183482&set=vb.112421478481&type=2&theater

3wpz.jpg

Isn't it a Rolls Royce Silver Dawn with a custom made drop-head? You can get a bit of a better view in this -

Members,

Reply to cefero A33s, and my comments,for the post by member.

First of All thank you for your reply about Professionals in our blessed country.

Your last post. You have given the correct answer to that post. Made by a member.

No one can question Professionals charges, they do study hard and become genius in their field.

I Remember our different field genius Sri Lankans who has gone to their eternal rest. I post and their names of few of them.

Late Dr. P.R. Anthonis surgeon was a leader in surgical operations for thousands in Sri lanka

Late Mr. RAAMPALA was an engineering field. His era was called the Golden time of our railways.

Late “Deshabandu” Dr.A.N.S. Kulasinghe. Pre-stressed concrete originated in Ceylon.

I do not want to mention many more names.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Members,

Reply to cefero A33s, and my comments,for the post by member.

First of All thank you for your reply about Professionals in our blessed country.

Your last post. You have given the correct answer to that post. Made by a member.

No one can question Professionals charges, they do study hard and become genius in their field.

I Remember our different field genius Sri Lankans who has gone to their eternal rest. I post and their names of few of them.

Late Dr. P.R. Anthonis surgeon was a leader in surgical operations for thousands in Sri lanka

Late Mr. RAAMPALA was an engineering field. His era was called the Golden time of our railways.

Late “Deshabandu” Dr.A.N.S. Kulasinghe. Pre-stressed concrete originated in Ceylon.

I do not want to mention many more names.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

sylvi, you can't really draw parallels with Dr. Anthoniz and car mechanics! for gods' sake!

Moderators,

I realized later, I have posted above post to a wrong thread

Please remove this post.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Dear Sylvi, If you don't mind my asking, could you tell me how you manged to do the same mistake on two threads at the same time?

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/13356-reflections-on-sri-lankas-automotive-history-by-mr-sylvi-wijesinghe/page-7#entry250628

Dear Sylvi, If you don't mind my asking, could you tell me how you manged to do the same mistake on two threads at the same time?

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/13356-reflections-on-sri-lankas-automotive-history-by-mr-sylvi-wijesinghe/page-7#entry250628

Dear Rumash88,

I did that logingig to other thread by a mistake of mine. I requested the moderators to remove this post of mine from that thread.

Any how may be due to my old age I do thiese mistakes, of this nature. Also on the A/L lforum that was the only new thread on the web.

Later I realised my mistake, this is the reson I posted my request.

I hope my answer is sufficient cause to your post.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi

sylvi, you can't really draw parallels with Dr. Anthoniz and car mechanics! for gods' sake!

Komisiripala,

Yes Sir,

I do agree to your post. I only wanted to say they were few professionals who livied in our country.

My intenction was not to compare their capabilites with others.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.