• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Presenting My Vintage Corolla!

Jaliya48

Good point.

I always asked my father why he didn't import a two door model(panelvan), apparently it's not that practical as a family vehicle! Oh well, I still like my four door wags!!

Wagons ROCK :D

Actually, the 'old' front (14sri and 15sri models) have the same parking/turn light units, but the grille is different. These have the Corolla "C" logo in the middle whereas '86 models have the silver stripe in the middle with "C Corolla" script on the left.

This-

coro_van_3.jpg

compared to this-

coro_van_4.jpg

The models are STD (standard), DX (deluxe), GL and wagon. The two-door is classified as a STD but there were four door STDs as well.

EDIT: saw the number is a 16sri. This should be the mint example that was parked in the car park of the building next to Carnival Ice Cream in Kollpity. I always use to watch out for it when I travel along the Galle Road!

Edited by Jaliya48

Haha true that when I was going through their alphabet trying to write my name in Japanese I couldn't find a L...... :speechless-smiley-004:

lol same goes for me. for you La.... means RA... for me, since my name ends with L its RU :D

Actually, the 'old' front (14sri and 15sri models) have the same parking/turn light units, but the grille is different. These have the Corolla "C" logo in the middle whereas '86 models have the silver stripe in the middle with "C Corolla" script on the left.

Actually no they don't....

The split grill that you refer to: the signal+parking light cluster is slightly different. You will notice that the signal light is surrounded by the black plastic distinctively separating the signal light from the parking light.

The previous grill the signal light and the parking light are kind of joined up, it makes the parking light look longer and the signal light is a bit taller than in the other model

Obviously the two grills and parking light clusters are inter-changeable and through-out the years have seen quite a few cars with mixed light/grill combos.

Sorry the following are the only pics I could find right now where the body is more or less un-adulterated. They both seem to be GLs,, where the grill had the white /silverish garnish around it....might not be too obvious but the distinction is there (even in the smaller pictures you posted)....

p2.jpg?ct=be591856073f

p8.jpg?ct=be591856073f

• Like 1

iRage, I see you've found images from the Corolla E7 meetings in Japan! It would be seventh heaven to visit one of these events someday!

About the grille; I read somewhere that the silver trim around the grille was to signify a Diesel model (CE71V etc) but your observation makes better sense. Maybe the diesel examples I have recorded were GL CE7xs! I can see a slight difference in both parking light clusters, so you're probably right. Eitherway, the panelvan in question is indeed a late model KE72V.

Elections must be good fun in japan

I thought they meant crown in different languages

Jadey is correct! The Toyota model names have nothing to do with flowers. I quote from Wikipedia (amongst other sources)

"The Crown was introduced in 1955, and Toyota subsequently used the "Crown" name as inspiration for their primary sedans, the Corolla which is Latin for "small crown", the Camry a phonetic transcription of the Japanese word kanmuri that means crown, and the Corona which is Spanish for crown."

Elections must be good fun in japan

LMAO XD

Haha some serious 'rolla wagon loving going here...ok here's my not so vintage Corrolla.We call it 'the whore',cos 4 men use her daily forcing her to take many loads and she does it all without a single complaint...I love this bitch!

SS0cCOz.jpg

K4dcfCa.jpg

heheee MD had the same model :D

402385_3258269854002_1956273871_n.jpg

418082_3258271974055_635847331_n.jpg

You could rape these rolla's all you want and they still never let you down

for me, even the new corolla's i prefer the fielder versions over the sedans