• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Presenting My Vintage Corolla!

Jaliya48

Actually that is a ke72, call it the first version if yiu wish.

In japan atleast there wasn't a ke70 van per say. KE70 was a sedan (the hard-top was also a a KE70"some letter") and pet name for the series, thus the ke70 van/wagon designation.

The van of the KE70 sedan was actually ke71V and TE73V which came with the quad circular lights for the JDM. I am really not sure what the export model designations were (like the sunken square headlight front end with straight edged parking lamps as in the picture that came in AUS/EU/etc...)

280px-Toyota_Corolla_E70_4_door_sedan.jp

In late 1981 they refreshed the van for Japan to what UNIX has and was coded ke72/74/73. Was released in early 1982 ? Then in 1983 the flat roof was replaced by the first design of the high roof variant.

Quite a few flat roofs came with chrome accents which was standard for the GL and options for lower grades but there are plenty of DXs around with chrome accents so maybe the dealerships offered it.

Looking at the pictures the seats seem to be off of a DX...is your's a DX UNIX ? Does it have a center console under the dashboard in front of the gear lever ? I would imagine not...

Personally I like the chrome bumpers.

Edited by iRage

@ Jaliya48 - Chrome handles were there.. Everything is in stock specs other than the 13inch wheels. what do you mean by " identification plate says on the firewall" ?? You mean the number plate or that plate on engine bay? Sorry im very noob when it comes to car stuff. If you are asking about number plate. Its 17-9425.. I just masked it just because most of people do it :)

@ iRage - Yes it's a 1982 DX.. No there's no center console in front of gear lever.. only a tray thing some inches above in dash.. Oh god I hate chromes in this car.. Actually forced my father to paint it in black when he giving it to paint :D If this was like a 1956 Chevy Bel Air, I would love the chromes :D

@ Jaliya48 - Chrome handles were there.. Everything is in stock specs other than the 13inch wheels. what do you mean by " identification plate says on the firewall" ?? You mean the number plate or that plate on engine bay? Sorry im very noob when it comes to car stuff. If you are asking about number plate. Its 17-9425.. I just masked it just because most of people do it :)

If you open the engine compartment there will be a little metal plate on the firewall (the opposite end of the engine from the grill/radiator side) that says Toyota Motor Corporation, etc..etc...which will have things like Chassis Number/Color code etc. He was asking what the plate in your car says is the model of your car...does it say KE70<something something something> or KE72 <something something something>. Jaliya believes that your car is a KE70. I think you are correct that it is a KE72V.

Most people mask out the number plate for privacy and/or security reasons. But now that you did mention the number plate...I am presuming it was first registered around 1989 ? In which case I am really curious to know how a 1982 car got first registered almost 7 years later, I thought age limits at that time was 3 (or 5) years :)..anyway..not important.

UNIX, I meant the plaque in the engine bay.

If you open the engine compartment there will be a little metal plate on the firewall (the opposite end of the engine from the grill/radiator side) that says Toyota Motor Corporation, etc..etc...which will have things like Chassis Number/Color code etc. He was asking what the plate in your car says is the model of your car...does it say KE70<something something something> or KE72 <something something something>. Jaliya believes that your car is a KE70. I think you are correct that it is a KE72V.

Most people mask out the number plate for privacy and/or security reasons. But now that you did mention the number plate...I am presuming it was first registered around 1989 ? In which case I am really curious to know how a 1982 car got first registered almost 7 years later, I thought age limits at that time was 3 (or 5) years :)..anyway..not important.

Yup, that's where the identification plate is. Mine is a 16SRI and was registered in 1989, so 17- would probably be 1990-1991.

Chrome isn't bad on these, but you need the bumpers to really set it off!

ke70-flat-1.jpg

I love your "C" logo on the grille!

Edited by Jaliya48

@ Jaliya - Yes engine bay plate says Ke72V :)

@ Komisiripala - Sir your Datto 510 makes my heart flutter everytime! ;)

Thanks for clearing that up, UNIX. Post some more photos of the engine bay and interior when you've got the time. I wouldn't mind one bit!

You flatter me my dear watchman! Well there was one absolute milf. Whose son was my classmate. I used to go there for physics classes. We had theories on how a mother of two had breasts that defied gravity...

and pray the buggeer doesn't see this :P

Dx's make your wet dreams come true man. I am living proof of that!!

If Toyota ever revives the "70" or "72" they should use that as part of their sales campaign...would be a nice transition from "Drive your dreams" to "Fun to drive AGAIN" to "Wet dreams coming true"

If Toyota ever revives the "70" or "72" they should use that as part of their sales campaign...would be a nice transition from "Drive your dreams" to "Fun to drive AGAIN" to "Wet dreams coming true"

What about "Oh what a Feeling?" :sport-smiley-004:

16474_83_toyota_truck_diesel_476_flv.jpg

This slogan is still used in Australia apparently!

On a another note, here's the Toyota museum in the USA-

http://www.speedhunters.com/2012/05/the-toyota-usa-museumoh-what-a-feeling/

Edited by Jaliya48

• 4 weeks later...