• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Presenting My Vintage Corolla!

Jaliya48

• 2 weeks later...

I got new clutch pumps at p'watte. I showed the existing ones to G* Auto at P'watte they did the search for me. I am long time customer of theirs. cost me 10k and 20min of waiting. Reasonable I guess. There was a small change in the slave clutch pump, and the result was the clutch pedal now remains abt 5 cm higher than other pedals, need getting used to it. Have you guys got any suggession to lower the clutch pedal.? Its been lowered to the max by adjustments.

I got new clutch pumps at p'watte. I showed the existing ones to G* Auto at P'watte they did the search for me. I am long time customer of theirs. cost me 10k and 20min of waiting. Reasonable I guess. There was a small change in the slave clutch pump, and the result was the clutch pedal now remains abt 5 cm higher than other pedals, need getting used to it. Have you guys got any suggession to lower the clutch pedal.? Its been lowered to the max by adjustments.

cmxjn,

You live in Colombo? Can you show the car to me I will try to help you.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

cmxjn,

You live in Colombo? Can you show the car to me I will try to help you.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

I live in Maharagama. Thanks for offering help. Sorted out the matter. It was the rod of the master clutch pump longer than the one before. Making the rod short to the one before is the remedy. Thanks again

I live in Maharagama. Thanks for offering help. Sorted out the matter. It was the rod of the master clutch pump longer than the one before. Making the rod short to the one before is the remedy. Thanks again

cmxjn,

Glad to hear the problem was solved.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Nice to see you taking care of the ke 72 jaliya. I wanted ask you, do you have the service manual for ke 72 bro????

We also have a ke 72 which is undergoing repairs now. 1984 , 14 sri. Specially the electrical wiring is a bit problamatic.

Thanks...

Thanks KHL. To answer your question; I don't have the service manual, it's the one document that has eluded me! I did find a Japanese Toyota service document for the KE70 series, but I didn't buy it since it's in Japanese. I'm told the Haynes' publication for the AUDM Corolla will have details of the 4K engine and other related systems, but I haven't got one yet. If it's the vacuum diagrams you're after, I think I have a scan of the 4K-J diagram. I'll post it here once I find it.

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Yes please, if possible post the diagram.

we have taken out almost the whole engine and has taken it apart. Going to clean it and put it back together. @ home. There's some corrosion behind the dash and the front floor panel's due to a water leak for a long time. So trying to get it repaired too. And the reason I want the electrical wiring is our car's wiring is completely messed up bcoz of various electrical repair guys have put in wire's here and there it's difficult to find out which is which.

By the way how's your car's fuel consumption? Ours does about 10-12 km per liter in colombo (without AC) and nearly 18 km per liter in the southern expressway (without AC).

WoW Jaliya, nice tread.. this rolla post has come a long way :)

My dad owns the LHD Ke70 it has been sitting in our garage for the past 32 years..

Is it the one, photo posted by me in page 13 of this thread or another one? (12 Sri 49XX , Siver Colour)

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Komisiripala" data-cid="257172" data-time="1392784129"><p>

Ado really? Tell us more about that car! Why Lhd? And what's his attraction to it? Mut love it to bits to have it that long.</p></blockquote>

Ado really? Tell us more about that car! Why Lhd? And what's his attraction to it? Mut love it to bits to have it that long.

well to tell more about it machan :) ..my dad got the car back in 1982 for 75,000/= bucks when it had 300 kms on the meter, it was imported to Lanka from Belgium (to be exact) and one Mr. White got it down to SL, and later on when he realised that in Sri Lanka vehicles are driven from the Right Hand Side :speechless-smiley-004: he wanted to sell the car. :locomotive: .and then only my father got hold of this little Gem as Sampath mentioned :D ever since that its with us and Komi there is so much in it to be loved :) if you have seen the car u would realise whats in it that should not be loved :D these wagons are really enjoyable and this has never let us down in anyway...

just on the side note we still have the orginal bill for the car which was given by Toyota Belgium (Garage Co the agents for Toyota in Belgium back in 1980) in favour of Mr. White.

oh and i do have the owners manual BUT sadly not the service manul :sad-smiley-017: (but i saw one today on ebay for sale)

Is it the one, photo posted by me in page 13 of this thread or another one? (12 Sri 49XX , Siver Colour)

Yep it is 12 Sri 4976 :) i think i remeber you taking that pic that was down hotron place road towards senanayake junction..it was not recently sometime back though, i saw a guy peeping at the car from the front of a van with phone in hand :medium-smiley-037:

Well by any chance are there any other Left Hand Driven Ke wagons here in SL??would love to see any

Edited by ke70

Nice to hear about another minter! Please feel free to post photos of your wagon. Thanks for the compliments on my ol' girl by the way!
Ours was not bought brand-new, but it only had 40,000kms when it left Japan. I still have the original invoices and bills of loading as well. Price? LKR200,000!

Nice to hear about another minter! Please feel free to post photos of your wagon. Thanks for the compliments on my ol' girl by the way!

Ours was not bought brand-new, but it only had 40,000kms when it left Japan. I still have the original invoices and bills of loading as well. Price? LKR200,000!

Ohh nice to hear that your'll too have the purchase invocie for the car :) i wonder how many out there having those..a handful i guess. .but mine is not orginal as yours i have put some wheels on it..

im a newbie here how to post pics on this :)

Ohh nice to hear that your'll too have the purchase invocie for the car :) i wonder how many out there having those..a handful i guess. .but mine is not orginal as yours i have put some wheels on it..

I use photobucket to upload photos. If you're not familiar, what you do is this-

1. Go to www.photobucket.com (you can also use imageshack-same purpose!)

2. Create an account and upload your photos

3. Copy the "direct link" under each photo and paste that link on the tiny "image" icon on the reply toolbar at AutoLanka.

If you're still unable to post photos, I'll make a better guide with screenshots.

Ask and you shall receive guidance :)

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/60-how-to-attach-images-to-your-post/?p=257245

I use photobucket to upload photos. If you're not familiar, what you do is this-

1. Go to www.photobucket.com (you can also use imageshack-same purpose!)

2. Create an account and upload your photos

3. Copy the "direct link" under each photo and paste that link on the tiny "image" icon on the reply toolbar at AutoLanka.

If you're still unable to post photos, I'll make a better guide with screenshots.

Machang I just realized imageshack is no longer free.. :( I got some screenshots with nice instructions etc on how to attach, and when i was going to upload those screenshots, I realized that I can no longer upload unless i upgrade. those bastards!

Looks like I might have to move to photobucket too.

Machang I just realized imageshack is no longer free.. :( I got some screenshots with nice instructions etc on how to attach, and when i was going to upload those screenshots, I realized that I can no longer upload unless i upgrade. those bastards!

Looks like I might have to move to photobucket too.

No way? Photobucket is still free, but it's not as fast. Of course, this may be because my internet is slow! Give it a shot and tell me what you think.

Yep it is 12 Sri 4976 :) i think i remember you taking that pic that was down hotron place road towards senanayake junction..it was not recently sometime back though, i saw a guy peeping at the car from the front of a van with phone in hand :medium-smiley-037:

Yes , yes, it was me :sport-smiley-004: . Fortunately not only the phone, I also had my camera with me in the vehicle. I was shocked seen this gem. :sad-smiley-058:

Mate, please post photos including interior and engine bay.

What is the current mileage?

Yes , yes, it was me :sport-smiley-004: . Fortunately not only the phone, I also had my camera with me in the vehicle. I was shocked seen this gem. :sad-smiley-058:

Mate, please post photos including interior and engine bay.

What is the current mileage?

here you go guys :) i wil get some interior pics and post it here..current mileage is 160k i was amazed to here Jaliya got only 140k

Front

_MG_4554_1_zps7d008997.jpg

Rear

_MG_4478_1_zps2508c727.jpg

On Southern ExpressWay did a decent average speed of 90 kmpl all the way through without any issue :)

IMG_1523_zps0b6b7454.jpg

At my office car park, there is a photo freak here in office :) (credit goes to Bharatha)

_MG_4557_1_zps05be21d4.jpg

And finally wanted to share this with you guys, my dads maintenance file having records for every bloody repair job he have done on the car :D

20140219_183542_zps14514172.jpg

Edited by ke70

Hoo hoo Sampath athae maattu! Ha ha ha

LOLOL!! Best reply ever!

@KE70; nice photographs! The ones in the car park look great. Yours has the 'sunken front' which I think is the next best after the early JDM quad-lamp setup. We'll be waiting for the next installment of interior photos! :sport-smiley-004:

@ke 70, damn that's a clean car. Props to your father and yourself for the effort!

I'm not sure if I love or dislike the wheels though.

@Jaliya, did you take some proper shots of yours? Or did I miss it?

Thanks Hoonigan!! :) Well the wheels are wantanabe style ones but with a very uncommon paint job..when i was looking for wheels i came accross these wheels and bought it at that very moment, but i didnt want to paint it at that time becasue it was in good condition..but im considering on painitng the wheels..the orignal wantanabe wheels are deepdish ones but unfortunately this is not :(

LOLOL!! Best reply ever!

@KE70; nice photographs! The ones in the car park look great. Yours has the 'sunken front' which I think is the next best after the early JDM quad-lamp setup. We'll be waiting for the next installment of interior photos! :sport-smiley-004:

the sunken front end is unique to Ke70's isn't it??i always thought the Ke70's body is more rouded than the ke72 74 models...