• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Presenting My Vintage Corolla!

Jaliya48

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Jaliya, this is a 14 Sri Corolla (AE80 I guess) belongs to one of my colleagues. It is also in pristine condition without modifications, same as yours. See the quality of original side beading even after decades. :smilie_liebe9:

wx36.jpgPS. I always park mine next to this old girl. :) By the way she has similar respect at my office same way in Komi's Datto at Kalubowila Hospital. :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

Oooh ! Nice..looks clean no gunk/residue over the molding !!!...from the side molding it seems to be a GL ? also those don't "seem" like original "square" mud flaps (could be the angle of the pic) which were standard in the SE/SR/GLSaloon ( the original mudflaps ran almost all the way up the bumper part of the wheel arch and can hardly find any these days as they all seem to be knackered up and replaced with after market ones...)

The GLSaloon and upwards had a silver lining on the moulding and it was just the GL,SR and LIME (although in the DX it apparently came as a dealer option) that came with the pure black moldings. I wonder if he has the original steel wheels hidden under those hubcaps; loved the pattern of it.

hosa.jpg

A "neighborhood" red AE80 GLSaloon was sold off (I think it was advertised on AL as well) after the guy had it for 26 years (it was bought during the same time my dad got a blue AE80 DX), the car was apparently grabbed up in 1 day. Last time I saw the car (last year) it had only about 78000kms and was straight as a brand new car.
Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

Hey Jaliya, this is a 14 Sri Corolla (AE80 I guess) belongs to one of my colleagues. It is also in pristine condition without modifications, same as yours. See the quality of original side beading even after decades. :smilie_liebe9:

wx36.jpgPS. I always park mine next to this old girl. :) By the way she has similar respect at my office same way in Komi's Datto at Kalubowila Hospital. :sport-smiley-004:

It's always great to see these in good condition, without 'alloys' and the like. Feel free to post more photos of this AE80 here, Sampath!

Oooh ! Nice..looks clean no gunk/residue over the molding !!!...from the side molding it seems to be a GL ? also those don't "seem" like original "square" mud flaps (could be the angle of the pic) which were standard in the SE/SR/GLSaloon ( the original mudflaps ran almost all the way up the bumper part of the wheel arch and can hardly find any these days as they all seem to be knackered up and replaced with after market ones...)

The GLSaloon and upwards had a silver lining on the moulding and it was just the GL,SR and LIME (although in the DX it apparently came as a dealer option) that came with the pure black moldings. I wonder if he has the original steel wheels hidden under those hubcaps; loved the pattern of it.

hosa.jpg

A "neighborhood" red AE80 GLSaloon was sold off (I think it was advertised on AL as well) after the guy had it for 26 years (it was bought during the same time my dad got a blue AE80 DX), the car was apparently grabbed up in 1 day. Last time I saw the car (last year) it had only about 78000kms and was straight as a brand new car.

There's a similar 16sri car that frequents my neighbourhood. Unfortunately it looks like it's held together by tape!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Jaliya , I am sorry, this photo is not clear. But this is the KE72/74 I told you that having 'English numbers'. It is "WP-GM-XXXX"

qkzc.jpg

Hmm...interesting. Wasn't there a scheme where you could convert your (-) number to a modern plate at an exorbitant price?

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

I have a question: Want to know whether the KE72/ KE74 wagon comes with 2 fans, 1 for radiator, 1 for the air condition condenser? my one has only the direct fan to cool the radiator. The a/c works without any cooling issues.

owners pls can you comment.

Thanks in advance

Hi guys,

I have a question: Want to know whether the KE72/ KE74 wagon comes with 2 fans, 1 for radiator, 1 for the air condition condenser? my one has only the direct fan to cool the radiator. The a/c works without any cooling issues.

owners pls can you comment.

Thanks in advance

The thermo fan arrangement is very rare on these. I think most JDM KE72 wagons have the clutch fan (or something) for the radiator whereas I've seen some KE70/AE70 sedans in other markets with the thermo fans. The clutch fan has to have a shroud that goes around the fan for adequate cooling when the AC is working. If not, it'll overheat.

So, you've got a DX too? What year/registration is it? Is it in good nick? :sport-smiley-004:

The thermo fan arrangement is very rare on these. I think most JDM KE72 wagons have the clutch fan (or something) for the radiator whereas I've seen some KE70/AE70 sedans in other markets with the thermo fans. The clutch fan has to have a shroud that goes around the fan for adequate cooling when the AC is working. If not, it'll overheat.

So, you've got a DX too? What year/registration is it? Is it in good nick? :sport-smiley-004:

Thanks for your comment. Didn't see 2 fans in the engine bay, just the direct fan.

Brought a JDM KE74 last week, YOM-1985 REG-88, has a 5K engine with a 4 speed tranny. Well maintained by the previous owner,at least the body and the paint, had preserved the car interior as well.

A couple of days after taking over, I had to clean up the radiator (after overheating with a/c), then complete check of braking system (after a brake bind) and replaced front wheel razors. Now I removed the clutch master and slave pumps as a preventive measure. Noticed wear and tear intend to replace both clutch pumps with new ones.

Searched for those clutch pumps in Maharagama area, couldn't find any probably because its a old car.

do you have any idea where i could find those clutch pumps for KE 74. A shop specifically?

Thanks

16 Sri 3705 by any chance? You don't have to publish your number in response, if u don't wish to. I'm just curious

Ah....memories? EDIT: 88 rego means it's a 15SRI or early 16SRI. Ours was registered in March '89 so we got 16SRI 30XX plates.

Edited by Jaliya48

Thanks for your comment. Didn't see 2 fans in the engine bay, just the direct fan.

Brought a JDM KE74 last week, YOM-1985 REG-88, has a 5K engine with a 4 speed tranny. Well maintained by the previous owner,at least the body and the paint, had preserved the car interior as well.

A couple of days after taking over, I had to clean up the radiator (after overheating with a/c), then complete check of braking system (after a brake bind) and replaced front wheel razors. Now I removed the clutch master and slave pumps as a preventive measure. Noticed wear and tear intend to replace both clutch pumps with new ones.

Searched for those clutch pumps in Maharagama area, couldn't find any probably because its a old car.

do you have any idea where i could find those clutch pumps for KE 74. A shop specifically?

Thanks

Congratulations, you made the right choice! :sport-smiley-004: You're more than welcome to share photos on this thread.

A 5K engine means it's a 1.5DX. How many Kms on the ODO? Does it still have the original steel wheels? I'll dig up some old invoices and get you some shop details for parts. These were bought at the 'watthe though.

Congratulations, you made the right choice! :sport-smiley-004: You're more than welcome to share photos on this thread.

A 5K engine means it's a 1.5DX. How many Kms on the ODO? Does it still have the original steel wheels? I'll dig up some old invoices and get you some shop details for parts. These were bought at the 'watthe though.

Thanks very much, ODO says 199,000 kms, not sure whether the ODo reading is genuine. Has 13'' alloy wheels, doesn't harm its original looks.

By the way its 15-68xx