• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Issue With My Pajero Io Jeep

Happy26

Hello,

Im having some issues with the alignment of my vehicle, even if its parked on a flat surface you can notice that it has gone down from one end. And when parked on a sloped area its heavily visible. I did some checks with Arabian Mortors and they said i have to replace both front n rear shocks, dust boots, shock mounts, tie bar bushes , cut bushes, lower arm ball joints, rear caster arm bushes etc etc :sad-smiley-058: that sounds like i hv to build up my jeep from scratch ????? Is it that serious??? And they also gave me a quote to do all that, and that's over 110,000 Rs :speechless-smiley-023:

Im also getting some serious noises (More like a soft metal [Thahadu] banging from underneath) when driving on a rough roads, and its all started after i gave my jeep for few repairs at Arabian Motors when i gave them my jeep i had no such issues, and when i got it back my front breaks were all worn out to the metal and as a result the disk drums were also badly cut and damaged and they did a facing of the drums, and ever since im getting this annoying noise from down under :speechless-smiley-019:

Pls give me your opinions and advice to what to do

And also i was just wondering, is suspension and shock absobers are the same thing or 2 different parts ?? Im sorry im new to motor mechanics :(

Cheeers

Hello,

Im having some issues with the alignment of my vehicle, even if its parked on a flat surface you can notice that it has gone down from one end. And when parked on a sloped area its heavily visible. I did some checks with Arabian Mortors and they said i have to replace both front n rear shocks, dust boots, shock mounts, tie bar bushes , cut bushes, lower arm ball joints, rear caster arm bushes etc etc :sad-smiley-058: that sounds like i hv to build up my jeep from scratch ????? Is it that serious??? And they also gave me a quote to do all that, and that's over 110,000 Rs :speechless-smiley-023:

Im also getting some serious noises (More like a soft metal [Thahadu] banging from underneath) when driving on a rough roads, and its all started after i gave my jeep for few repairs at Arabian Motors when i gave them my jeep i had no such issues, and when i got it back my front breaks were all worn out to the metal and as a result the disk drums were also badly cut and damaged and they did a facing of the drums, and ever since im getting this annoying noise from down under :speechless-smiley-019:

Pls give me your opinions and advice to what to do

And also i was just wondering, is suspension and shock absobers are the same thing or 2 different parts ?? Im sorry im new to motor mechanics :(

Cheeers

It probably is the case that quite a bit of the suspension bushes in your car has worn out or broken apart through age and use. This is a common problem in Sri Lanka. Personally I would take the car to another good mechanic and figure out what needs to be replaced, just to get a second opinion. You have an option of just replacing bushes without the suspension arms but they might not last as long.

Best you get this done quickly, because running like this will affect your suspension arms and they might get bent, causing alignment issues and so forth, and replacing just bushes wont be an option then.

Hey Don, Thanks for your reply, Mmmm Yeahh like you said im gonna do a another test with a another mechanic plc, any good places you know around Colombo with computerized suspension testing options ??

And what do you think about the noise im getting from the under carriage ? Is it cos of i had to replace breaks and phase the drums ? Do i have to do a wheel alignment or balancing ???

Hey Don, Thanks for your reply, Mmmm Yeahh like you said im gonna do a another test with a another mechanic plc, any good places you know around Colombo with computerized suspension testing options ??

And what do you think about the noise im getting from the under carriage ? Is it cos of i had to replace breaks and phase the drums ? Do i have to do a wheel alignment or balancing ???

There is no need for computerized suspension test in your case. The garage will have to take the suspension apart and inspect the damage. Believe me in the state your vehicle is in, the damage will be pretty obvious. My suggestion is to change the shock absorbers, top mounts, and all suspension bushes or arms that are worn off or damaged. You might have to budget about 100K for the repair.

There is a possibility your steering also require repair or replacement of the rack ends and ball joints.

After the suspension is fixed you will have to align the wheels.

Edited by The Don

• 3 years later...

Hi,

I'm also in need of getting following done to my Alto (45,000km). can you recommend a reliable place somewhere around Borella area. 

1. Wheel alignment

2. Suspension testing

3. Full inspection (T belt, brake, clutch etc)

4. Headlight alignment

Your advice in this regard wold be appreciated