• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Head Lights Not That Bright

nish1

Because you said your visibility is 10-15m, and you feel like your Headlamps are not bright enough, If I was you, what I would do first is..I would take a good pair of wires with an AMP rating of 5 or more.. (60W with 12V is roughly 5A), and take off the 3 pin socket from the globe.. connect both globes directly to the battery and check whether there is a considerable difference with brightness.(Refer to the wiring diagram of H4 if you are not sure how to connect) If not.. the problem is with the globes.. if there is a difference..then it's the electrical system. So diagnose whats the problem and move on from there...

I would do this while the engine is running because you get little bit extra volts at the lights and will not drain your battery while you are testing, and I also do not recommend using a higher wattage globe because this could burn your fusees, melt your wires, drain your battery excessively and destroy your lamps due to extra heat.

*Be very careful not to let the wires touch each other or any metal part of the body while working with direct connections from the battery..(VERY IMPORTANT)

Also great advise from experts regarding HID. If you don't have HID compatible or Projector type headlamps, DON'T USE HID !!! It's an accident waiting to happen.

socket_wiring_diagram.jpg

Dear friend,

solve low head and dim intensity problem I did following things,

1. Replace bulb with 90 W bulb ( default 55W I think)

2. Use the direct supply mention by you . this did by the auto electrician and he charged Rs 2400 from me.

I can feel slight improvement ( not check while night driving yet)

My problem is,

Earlier when doer is open just red light indicate in panel board. no sounds. But when I open the doer with head/dim light On, i can hear beap sound now. Why this happen?

Is there any thing happen to head lamp cover with lot of heat generated by bulb ?

regards

Amila

Dear friend,

2. Use the direct supply mention by you . this did by the auto electrician and he charged Rs 2400 from me.

My problem is,

Earlier when doer is open just red light indicate in panel board. no sounds. But when I open the doer with head/dim light On, i can hear beap sound now. Why this happen?

Is there any thing happen to head lamp cover with lot of heat generated by bulb ?

regards

Amila

1. It's to warn you that your lights are switched on .

2. More heat will cause hairline cracks on lenses, effect the reflective surface, etc.

I do not recommend using a higher wattage globe.. as Jdnet mentioned, excess heat could melt your lamp covers and also..you might drain the battery while night driving with all other acc on if your alternation could not keep up with the extra amps your new lamps demanding..

sorry fogot to mentioned HID consume only 35W so sure it has low current compare to normal so no current issues and i just installed for 6000 rs one year warrenty and so far good clear vision.

dear Mr Hatharasingha,

Im stranger for this field and I dont have much idea of HID conversion.

if you dont mind could you tell me

1 - what is the mean by HID conversion?

2- Is it possible with any car ( my one is Toyota starlet carot )

3- Do we need replace whole light ( with cover etc )

4. What is the good place for this conversion

5. cost

thank you

regards

amila

dear Mr Hatharasingha,

5. cost

thank you

regards

amila

1 - Those are high intensity discharge lamps, you've seen the blue colour or white colour bright light from some vehicles,

2 - possible for any car , but it's not decent, because those lights are designed to fit only to headlamps with projectors,(bulb is inside a short pipe to prevent scattering of light), without such, your light will scatter everywhere blinding the drivers from other side.you can see this in some modern car headlights, and your car is not having that headlamp housing.

3- Yes, so you won't cause other's visibility by your stupid new light,unless it'll scatter the light everywhere without proper focusing.quite irritate to others, +JDNET Has a metal pole to hammer people drive with HID'S without reflector lamps ,and i'm also having a one now thinking that's the best optional treatment in case :) .so yes , if you come across me with scattered blue light, remember the metal pole.

4- NO idea, but fixing the projector housing is must , and alignment of light also needed .

5-bulbs itself cost anything above 6-7k bucks , and projector housing would be more than 20k.

Side note - never call another man "dear" unless you're a gay

Edited by chan5

Hi,

I'm having the same problem, after reading through the posts and with the bad experiences I had related to other vehicles using HID (almost drove into a bridge railing due to being blindfolded, so don't want this to happen to other vehicles because of me) I would like to stick to a night breaker.

These are my questions,

1. Can you guys please let me know from where I can buy the Osram Nightbreakers?

2. Should I go for the same voltage/watts? or is it ok if I go about 5-10 watts higher?

3. Will the night breakers have an effect on my head lamps? (as mentioned: melting with HID, will night breakers have that sort of an effect?)

Thanks.

dear Mr Hatharasingha,

5. cost

thank you

regards

amila

Dear Mr.Amila,

i think you got enough answers for the questions by chan5 anyway there is two types of HID if your current system has 2 seperate lights for HEAD and DIM you have to install 2 HID bulbs system or as usual both in one bulb then HID also 1 and the full system include conversion kit and all they do the installation just remove the bulbs and add the conversion kit for each side and other units and again do the alignment (beam) and total lowerest cost is 6000/= with one year warrenty i did it at the kirillawala place (chamara sticker you can find him at ##### ) but all are chinese no brand but to the cost its ok and sofar no problem you can check it to your car before you pay as they show .and the wattage is 35W so no current issuses .

Could anyone guide to a place where I can buy head lamp with projectors for corolla 110?

I tried Anthupitha Motors, Panchi but they only stock crystal/normal housings (Depo brand)

Could anyone guide to a place where I can buy head lamp with projectors for corolla 110?

I tried Anthupitha Motors, Panchi but they only stock crystal/normal housings (Depo brand)

There's a place near thorana Jumction, between the starting point of the flyover bridge & the "Pirivena" when you travel towards peliyagoda from thorana junction. Easy to spot it (unfortunately can't remember the name but they seems to have most)

• 1 month later...

Dear friend,

My problem is,

regards

Amila

As I mention earlier I did above direct wiring of head lights and run few months.

last Sunday when I was running with head lights , suddenly head lights switch off and completed journey with fog lamps ( this is first night run after the accident i was met in last month , and I was replace , bonnet , front bumper, right side head lights )

Then monday go to the electric shop.

He found both two headlights and one front parking lights are smashed. Try to identify issue, check new relays and fuse ( Used for direct wiring ) . Then finally he found both two filaments (dim and full) in the bulb are light at once when full/head lights are on.

for the time being he remove the dashboard headlight signal led and solve the problem.

electrician says that, we need another wire run to dash board when doing the such alteration otherwise it end up with this kind of issue.

But Im not sure about that, because I run about two month without any problem and if both filaments are light at once this problem happen earlier.

waiting for your advice.

When I did the direct wiring for my car (ce110) the electrician installed kind of a of separate circuit for the dashboard indicator and he told me that the hi beam indicator won't work without that. And he also said that it's a toyota specific thing. But I did not bother asking for more info. May be your first tech did not do it ?

• 5 years later...

Hey Guys , 

Currently my CE110 headlights are like candles and its very difficult to drive during rain .

Therefore thought of installing a relay kit (H4 Hella Relay Kit) to power the headlamps.  But the problem is I cannot find the socket to plug in the relay kit adapter, since wiring seem to be coming from the switch to headlamps female H4 sockets directly. 

I would like to avoid cutting my original harness  , can somebody let me know wether  it is possible to do this without meddling with the original harness ? 

Wiring Diagram,

http://japan.toylexparts.com/corolla/151140/ce110-aemns/0/019/4/8202/820617b?fullsize=1

Edited by Kelly

On 10/26/2012 at 3:20 PM, amilaart said:

Dear friend,

My problem is,

regards

Amila

Have you checked the reflectors and lenses?

TT.

\

Edited by Twin Turbo
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Twin Turbo said:

Wonder how it got in the discussions.

A member replied to it asking a question. See the quoted post below. 

On 6/13/2018 at 10:56 PM, Kelly said:

Hey Guys , 

Currently my CE110 headlights are like candles and its very difficult to drive during rain .

Therefore thought of installing a relay kit (H4 Hella Relay Kit) to power the headlamps.  But the problem is I cannot find the socket to plug in the relay kit adapter, since wiring seem to be coming from the switch to headlamps female H4 sockets directly. 

I would like to avoid cutting my original harness  , can somebody let me know wether  it is possible to do this without meddling with the original harness ? 

Wiring Diagram,

http://japan.toylexparts.com/corolla/151140/ce110-aemns/0/019/4/8202/820617b?fullsize=1

If you don't want to splice the wires, you can use a couple of male H4 connectors to plug onto the existing headlight connectors. Wire these up to the relays. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCeglw3y_1huZMCFxjIgi

You can then buy a pair of H4 female connectors (ones that look like the connectors currently behind the headlights) to connect to the headlamps. So you need 4 H4 connectors. 2 male, 2 female. 

Hope this helps. 

Edited by Davy