• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Head Lights Not That Bright

nish1

Hi guys in my car its a vitz SCP10 model one.

It has a new battery but it not very bright(no good light) at night when on head lamp/dim...I can't imagine what is the problem..can drive at night but only can visible 10-15 meters in front..

Dear experts,

I have the same problem with my Toyot starlet ep91. It is very hard to drive at night.

IS there are any method available for the increase head light(dim) brightness/ intensity?

What is the method of using high Wott bulb (pros and cons )

Is there any way to convert normal light to crystal lights

looking for your expert ideas

thank you

regards

Amila

It has a new battery but it not very bright(no good light) at night when on head lamp/dim...I can't imagine what is the problem..can drive at night but only can visible 10-15 meters in front..

Dear experts,

I have the same problem with my Toyot starlet ep91. It is very hard to drive at night.

IS there are any method available for the increase head light(dim) brightness/ intensity?

What is the method of using high Wott bulb (pros and cons )

Is there any way to convert normal light to crystal lights

looking for your expert ideas

thank you

regards

Amila

Check the bulbs and the WATTS value of those bulbs, maybe that velue is lesser than the usual. Check the light whether its foggy or discolored.

If you have some money to expend for this, I advise you to go for HID.

Probably you may have seen vehicles with bright color head/dim lights on roads, Those are equipped with HID - Xenon kits and it costs around 12K.

color of the light depends on the temperature that light produces, suggest 6000K is better. if you want bit blue colored light you may use 8000K.

Edited by kushan

don't use the blue colour variant ,

almost killed by driving to a paddy field on a very rural road OF deep downsouth.

Time was 5.00 to 6 AM.

Sun was nearly rising ,

with that condition couldn't see anything with blue headlamps.all trees were some hazy looking.(swear i

was not drunk or high)

Heard that RALLY DRIVERS also skip that time due to low visibility or something on that time.( correct somebody if i'm wrong.)

advices the white colour variant, which is quite ok.

• Like 1

don't use the blue colour variant ,

almost killed by driving to a paddy field on a very rural road OF deep downsouth.

Time was 5.00 to 6 AM.

Sun was nearly rising ,

with that condition couldn't see anything with blue headlamps.all trees were some hazy looking.(swear i

was not drunk or high)

Heard that RALLY DRIVERS also skip that time due to low visibility or something on that time.( correct somebody if i'm wrong.)

advices the white colour variant, which is quite ok.

yeah, actually higher the temperature, lesser the brightness it produces. 6000K gives you the optimum brightness,

It is always best practise and an advise to switch to dim light when a vehicle comes in the opposite way you drives.

Edited by kushan

Don't go HID unless your car is designed for it. Suks for everyone else. Check the coating on your reflectors if its gone dark might need to re-chrome your headlights.

If I'm not mistaken the Vitz comes with 60/55W H4's. I'd stick with that wattage and go for some high output lamps like Osram Nightbreakers

Check the bulbs and the WATTS value of those bulbs, maybe that velue is lesser than the usual. Check the light whether its foggy or discolored.

Probably you may have seen vehicles with bright color head/dim lights on roads, Those are equipped with HID - Xenon kits and it costs around 12K.

color of the light depends on the temperature that light produces, suggest 6000K is better. if you want bit blue colored light you may use 8000K.

What a retarded piece of advice from a retarded individual. Listen dumba$$ when I see idiots like you on the roads using HID kits on non-projector housings, it usually makes me want to get out thee metal pole I have in my car and beat the crap out of you. One should not use hids on the low beams unless he has projector lights.

It's VERY dangerous for the other drivers in the road who will get distracted and blinded, causing an accident. It's retards like you that make driving a stressful experience for the rest of us.

Keep your retarded advice to yourself.

• Like 2

an a-hole who followed your advice was tailgating me today, a silver GO- EK3, and the glare was so bad that I couldn't see anything behind me. i felt like using JDNET's pole on him. so, no, please dont install HID unless your headlamps are meant for it.

Other

an a-hole who followed your advice was tailgating me today, a silver GO- EK3, and the glare was so bad that I couldn't see anything behind me. i felt like using JDNET's pole on him. so, no, please dont install HID unless your headlamps are meant for it.

Good way to treat these sort of idiots is let them go pass you and give the return. My car have aftermarket projector heads with seperate high and low beam lights with two Hid kits and only instance i use all four in a main road is when im behind this type of idiot.

Can't beat PIAA night tech lamp brightness, I currently use a set but they don't last that long. Looking at cost/longevity Nightbreakers are the way to go.

I think somebody else tried the Nightbreakers but weren't really satisfied with the performance. I have the Koito equivalent, and its pretty good but I think the best are probably PIAA NightTech

http://www.piaa.co.u...sp?ID=nighttech

I think somebody else tried the Nightbreakers but weren't really satisfied with the performance.

[quote name=

timestamp=1349711600' post='222958]

6000K is far from optimum. The optimum color temperature is between 4000k and 5000k. I use Osram Nightbreakers for both heads and fogs, quite satisfied with the output and coverage.

I switched my halogen bulbs over to

(similar to Osram Nightbreakers) on my previous car and there was a slight improvement from what was installed at the time. The only drawback on these type of high output halogens is that the life expectancy of the bulbs is only around one year.

(GE gives you a one year warranty on these bulbs and I remember clearly on the back of the package that they had done a comparison of these high output bulbs vs other automotive bulbs they sold which showed a higher light output but a lower life expectancy.)

Like 'terrabytetango' I'd recommend them, however keep in mind that:

1. You should only buy high output halogen bulbs that are compatible with your car. (I recommend using the matching tool they have available)

2. They are relatively expensive and they may have to be replaced more often.

Edited by Kavvz

Time was 5.00 to 6 AM.

Sun was nearly rising ,

was not drunk or high)

You're right. Twilight driving (between darkness and sunrise and between sunset and darkness) is the worst due to the lack of contrast during that time. I guess the blue headlights on your car mixed with the naturally occurring blue ambient light in those conditions and made everything worse!

Because you said your visibility is 10-15m, and you feel like your Headlamps are not bright enough, If I was you, what I would do first is..I would take a good pair of wires with an AMP rating of 5 or more.. (60W with 12V is roughly 5A), and take off the 3 pin socket from the globe.. connect both globes directly to the battery and check whether there is a considerable difference with brightness.(Refer to the wiring diagram of H4 if you are not sure how to connect) If not.. the problem is with the globes.. if there is a difference..then it's the electrical system. So diagnose whats the problem and move on from there...

I would do this while the engine is running because you get little bit extra volts at the lights and will not drain your battery while you are testing, and I also do not recommend using a higher wattage globe because this could burn your fusees, melt your wires, drain your battery excessively and destroy your lamps due to extra heat.

*Be very careful not to let the wires touch each other or any metal part of the body while working with direct connections from the battery..(VERY IMPORTANT)

Also great advise from experts regarding HID. If you don't have HID compatible or Projector type headlamps, DON'T USE HID !!! It's an accident waiting to happen.

socket_wiring_diagram.jpg

Edited by Fixzit

6000K is far from optimum. The optimum color temperature is between 4000k and 5000k. I use Osram Nightbreakers for both heads and fogs, quite satisfied with the output and coverage.

Thanks Experts. For your suggestions and opinions So finally I have few question to be clarify..

1.In my case will it be an electrical shortage or leak or something. Because of that I’m getting head/Dim giving low light?

If so how I get it know. Checking voltage at head light by a multimeater will be the method?

2.So finally suggest me what bulb should I fix to my VITS –SCP10 head and dim with the configurations of the bulbs?

has the low light problem always been there or has it started to happen only recently...couple of months back i noticed my lights were not as bright as before including the interior lights traced it back to a faulty clip at the alternator...it might just be a problem of that sought...

What a retarded piece of advice from a retarded individual. Listen dumba$$ when I see idiots like you on the roads using HID kits on non-projector housings, it usually makes me want to get out thee metal pole I have in my car and beat the crap out of you. One should not use hids on the low beams unless he has projector lights.

It's VERY dangerous for the other drivers in the road who will get distracted and blinded, causing an accident. It's retards like you that make driving a stressful experience for the rest of us.

Keep your retarded advice to yourself.

yeah sorry for my mistake. Forgot to mention that HID only suited for the projection lights. Though retarded JDnet sucks big time like as an a-hole this time his advice is correct.

Exactly Yes,

Sorry for the my poor jargon

Amila

No worries, just wanted to know what you meant exactly.

Converting to HID's from a halogen assembly needs to be done properly to be effective. I haven't done it myself so I can't really offer you the best advice; but judging from the replies above it seems like some of the other member have done so. Hopefully they will help you out, now that they know you're interested in learning how to convert your halogen headlight assembly over to HID units.

Though retarded JDnet sucks big time like as an a-hole this time his advice is correct.

Kushan Kudos for owing up for your mistake. But if you read your post again you will see the irony (and frankly contradictory nature) of your dig at JD. First you call him a retard and then you admit the fact he was correct........ :D

But let's move on....