• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bluebird Sylphy 2001

Ratadel

Question

7 answers to this question

All I know about the car (from having looked at an example while I was car hunting) is that it's basically an upmarket N16. Chrome door handles on the inside, wooden trim all around (even the rear), climate control, bigger engine option, power seats, popup display for navigation (useless in this country), and different exterior trim. There was a nice blue KH example for sale at the same time I bought my Vios, and every so often I find myself wondering what if I had gone and looked at the blue Sylphy instead...

On 10/3/2012 at 11:06 PM, terrabytetango said:

All I know about the car (from having looked at an example while I was car hunting) is that it's basically an upmarket N16. Chrome door handles on the inside, wooden trim all around (even the rear), climate control, bigger engine option, power seats, popup display for navigation (useless in this country), and different exterior trim. There was a nice blue KH example for sale at the same time I bought my Vios, and every so often I find myself wondering what if I had gone and looked at the blue Sylphy instead...

I would take the Bluebird Sylphy over a Vios. but on the other hand i personally think the Bluebird series died after the U14

Edited by Magnum

I would take the Bluebird Sylphy over a Vios. but on the hand i personally think the Bluebird series died after the U14

Spot On! The Blue Bird Sylphy is basically a re-badged and souped-up Sunny and the TRUE Bluebirds which were always larger than the Sunny and which had there own identity are no more after the U14.

However I would reckon that even with this model the Nissan reliability lives on.

Edited by Magnum357

Spot On! The Blue Bird Sylphy is basically a re-badged and souped-up Sunny and the TRUE Bluebirds which were always larger than the Sunny and which had there own identity are no more after the U14.

However I would reckon that even with this model the Nissan reliability lives on.

Exactly, plus its a shame that theres no SSS variant

Haven't any of you seen the new sylphy it's not a re badged sunny and it's larger than it.

So the bluebird still lives on or shall I say flys on

The G11 isnt it? it is big, but you dont get the sporty SSS version

Well the export and JDM Sunny was pretty much more or less the same (except in certain markets they re-badged some other models as the sunny) until the G10 (for the Bluebird sylphy) and N16 (for the Sunny ?) but after Nissan stopped the Sunny for the JDM market I believe the G11 is what the JDM Sunny evolved to ? Whilst they took a different path with the Sunny badge for the export market ? Personally I found the G11 to..well be ugly..but the G12 looks much much nicer :)

I believe when they first came out with the BB Sylphy, they were drawing more on the luxurious/refinement aspects of the bluebird introduced in to the Sunny rather than reviving or continuing the Bluebird badge. Shame...the Bluebird was nice...somehow the Skyline and Fuga does not seem to fill the void.

Edited by iRage