• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Estilo Or Indian Swift Or Passo

tinyman

Question

Dear All,

I'm looking to buy my 1st car with a very limited budget of 2mn. As I read the forum and classified in AL, I understood that followings will come within my budget.

Estilo - YOM 2010

Indian Swift - YOM 2007/08

Passo - YOM 2004/05

Since I will be going for part leasing, I won't be able to consider vehicles older than 10 years.

Kindly advise on the above.

Dear All,

I'm looking to buy my 1st car with a very limited budget of 2mn. As I read the forum and classified in AL, I understood that followings will come within my budget.

Estilo - YOM 2010

Passo - YOM 2004/05

Since I will be going for part leasing, I won't be able to consider vehicles older than 10 years.

given those three options my personal choice would be the passo

given those three options my personal choice would be the passo

Mate,

I checked the 2007-2009 models those are around 2.4-2.6mn, How good the condition of a 2004 passo would be, I mean that I'll have to convince the leasing company/bank in that regard, otherwise they will land me with additional 3-5% for the "risk" they are taking by financing an aged vehicle

(this is what L**C told me when I asked to them to reconsider the rate they offered which was 25%++)

Mate,

I checked the 2007-2009 models those are around 2.4-2.6mn, How good the condition of a 2004 passo would be, I mean that I'll have to convince the leasing company/bank in that regard, otherwise they will land me with additional 3-5% for the "risk" they are taking by financing an aged vehicle

(this is what L**C told me when I asked to them to reconsider the rate they offered which was 25%++)

still i would go for a passo because of following reasons

1. safety - 2 air bags + strong frame ( look at this,it is 4star
    )
  2. automatic transmission, mind you those indian things are with cable clutches
  3. availability of spares
  4. better resale value ( i think the Indian swift is the worst considering the second hand value)
  5. fuel efficiency
  6. and it s toyota

Edited by priyanka

First up, can u get a Passo for 2 million?

Check for noises coming from the steering rack. It's a known issue in Passos.

I read about that issue somewhere in AL, isn't that a rectifiable issue, by some repair works. Finding a passo for 2mn would be chellenging, I may have to stratch my budget a little more if I'm going for passo, it is around 2.1mn.

I read the posts in a passo fan club in Pakwheels site, those fellows also very much positive about the car.

http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/wheels-fan-clubs/186490-toyota-passo-daihatsu-boon-owners-fan-club-25

The rattling noise is due to the aging of the EPS system. Afaik, it's not easily rectifiable but pls get a second opinion on that.

Between the three of your choices, I'll stay away from the Indian Swift. It's plagued with various problems. No idea about Estilo at all.

Dear All,

Estilo - YOM 2010

Passo - YOM 2004/05

Since I will be going for part leasing, I won't be able to consider vehicles older than 10 years. is th

my choice also is Passo

Edited by Nilantha

Completely against the indian crap but in you'r poiny of view going for a newer car would save you a lot on the lease wouldn't it.

So my sujestion would be for you to go for a Panda.

As it is brand new the intrest will be the lowest,

And it will be a lot cheaper than 2mill.

It comes with a warranty.

The fuel economy will be somewhat lower but the saving will more than compunsate for that.

Still can't comment about the 2nd hand market tough.

Completely against the indian crap but in you'r poiny of view going for a newer car would save you a lot on the lease wouldn't it.

So my sujestion would be for you to go for a Panda.

As it is brand new the intrest will be the lowest,

And it will be a lot cheaper than 2mill.

It comes with a warranty.

The fuel economy will be somewhat lower but the saving will more than compunsate for that.

Still can't comment about the 2nd hand market tough.

Thanks, but I'm not interested in Micro vehicles, because the company I works for owns two micro actyons and the experience we are having is very bad. Recon Montiro cost us less on repair & maintenance than these two brand-news.

So I left out Micro on my !st shortlisting. I think VIVA Elite would come within my budget, have to see for I should go for, ELITE passo or estilo, (after reading the comments here, I thought of dropping of the Indian Swift also)

Thanks, but I'm not interested in Micro vehicles, because the company I works for owns two micro actyons and the experience we are having is very bad. Recon Montiro cost us less on repair & maintenance than these two brand-news.

So I left out Micro on my !st shortlisting. I think VIVA Elite would come within my budget, have to see for I should go for, ELITE passo or estilo, (after reading the comments here, I thought of dropping of the Indian Swift also)

why not suzuki alto Japanese................ YOM 2008-2010 or probably newer than that even.............

The Rexton and Actyon as well as the Kyron have a set of well documented issues that resulted from Micro jumping into building big SUVs in a hurry. The newer models of those are supposed to be a lot better.

Anyway the smaller cars have less problems because they are less complicated and better put together nowadays. Test drive a Panda and see, you'll be surprised at how good it is.

The Rexton and Actyon as well as the Kyron have a set of well documented issues that resulted from Micro jumping into building big SUVs in a hurry. The newer models of those are supposed to be a lot better.

Anyway the smaller cars have less problems because they are less complicated and better put together nowadays. Test drive a Panda and see, you'll be surprised at how good it is.

May be, again the resale value of the panda will also be very low in the future as well..

I read a blog on Micro cars maintained by a Sri Lankan, and there I read many people complaining about it's fuel efficiency and a production defect. http://www.microcarslk.com/2012/01/general-issue-with-micro-panda-geely-lc.html

May be, again the resale value of the panda will also be very low in the future as well..

I read a blog on Micro cars maintained by a Sri Lankan, and there I read many people complaining about it's fuel efficiency and a production defect. http://www.microcars...a-geely-lc.html

And how exactly can you be so sure?

And how exactly can you be so sure?

for resale value I don't have any direct reference, but for one actyon I mentioned, I got a valuation of 3.4mn from De silva motor engineers which was bought originally for 5mn+.

The forum I mentioned is a dedicated platform for Micro car users, I would recommend anyone who want to go for a Micro to check that site first, it gives views on both pro's and con's of the micro cars.

for resale value I don't have any direct reference, but for one actyon I mentioned, I got a valuation of 3.4mn from De silva motor engineers which was bought originally for 5mn+.

The forum I mentioned is a dedicated platform for Micro car users, I would recommend anyone who want to go for a Micro to check that site first, it gives views on both pro's and con's of the micro cars.

The "forum" you mentioned is some guy's blog with a few posts detailing a few minor issues and mostly problems with piss poor customer service. That unfortunately is pretty much endemic in Sri Lanka....

Edited by Supra_Natural

The "forum" you mentioned is some guy's blog with a few posts detailing a few minor issues and mostly problems with piss poor customer service. That unfortunately is pretty much endemic in Sri Lanka....

I agree on the fact that blog isn't so popular in SL like AL, Even I got to know about that site recently just by googling. However I thought not to risk myself with a micro vehicle..

I agree on the fact that blog isn't so popular in SL like AL, Even I got to know about that site recently just by googling. However I thought not to risk myself with a micro vehicle..

This is exactly the mentality that was referred to in the road test that was posted above....

I think the 2nd hand market won't be such a nightmare for the panda.

Well for starters it is the cheapest car available brand new (I won't consider the nano a car).

The issue with the ssangyongs is that comparative Hyundais and Kias are in the market which are better built so the price of the micros should be below them.

But as there is an increase demand for the low priced segment in sri lanka there won't be such a problem.

And with the 3 year 100 000km warrenty it will be some sort of a peace of mind for 3 yrs

Edited by Clark's son