• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Removing The Singapore Toll Reader

Crosswind

Hi Guys,

Has anyone safely removed the Toll reader from a Singapore car? Is it just a matter of cutting those wires off or is there something more complex than that?

That thing is bound to have some kind of an anti-tamper protection system so I wonder if something drastic will happen like the engine getting immobilized if it is removed.

If anyone has removed it without a problem. Pls let me know.

Cheers

2h7l56c.jpg

No, you can just cut the wire and remove the IU (InVehicle Unit).

It's the driver's responsibility to have a proper functioning IU. If a vehicle passes under a ERP Gantry with a faulty IU, the authorities wont stop you or anything. They'll simply send you a letter asking you to go pay the fine and get your IU sorted out.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 2

My mom, bless her soul, keeps it open and the keys inside for anyone to come and take. Along with 2000 rupees for emergencies. Such a kindred spirit...

She's kinda funny that way

awwwww... so erm... is there any perticular place, where she leaves the car often like that? :rolleyes:

Our sonata had the same unit. The seller asked not to remove it as it will immobilise the car. The kudda down the road didn't get the memo.

It's been gone for over 6 years now. No issues. Bugger tried to sell it back to my mom also!

Our sonata had the same unit. The seller asked not to remove it as it will immobilise the car. The kudda down the road didn't get the memo.

It's been gone for over 6 years now. No issues. Bugger tried to sell it back to my mom also!

good one machan haha.

Hi Guys,

Has anyone safely removed the Toll reader from a Singapore car? Is it just a matter of cutting those wires off or is there something more complex than that?

That thing is bound to have some kind of an anti-tamper protection system so I wonder if something drastic will happen like the engine getting immobilized if it is removed.

If anyone has removed it without a problem. Pls let me know.

Cheers

2h7l56c.jpg

'Crosswind',

This card reader can be removed without any adverse effect on to the windshield glass inner glass by only moving 0nly to side ways,

No one should try to pull same down as it is pasted by 3M Very High Bond tape. It will come out only to side way moment. can be removed within 2 minits.

I have remmoved hundreds of them without braking th W/S glass.

It has nothing to do to immobilize your vehicle.

JUST CUT THE TWO WIRES ONE BY ONE BECAUSE THEY HAVE POWER.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi