• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Dohc, Efi And Vtec

Heshan Manamperi

in case you havent heard of it... here's the link to google,

https://www.google.com/

you enter your query in the little box you see, hit enter and it'll search the entire internet for you and answer the question, all in milliseconds!

I know, amazing right? welcome to the future man, it's scary at first but once you get used to it, it will be awesome!

Hi All,

='Heshan Manamperi'

What is the difference of DOHC, EFI and VTEC?

Regards

HesH

'Heshan Manamperi',

I did a web such I post same for you, before the moderators replied. At the same time you received 2 posts before my post from the moderators.

I HOPE no offense to the moderators.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

(1) DOHC

file:///C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif

Definition: Double Overhead Camshaft: a DOHC engine has two camshafts in each cylinder head; one camshaft operates the intake valves, the other actuates the exhaust valves.

file:///C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.gif

(2) EFI

The pressurized delivery of a metered amount of fuel into the intake airflow or combustion chambers of an internal combustion engine. Metering of the fuel charge may be performed mechanically or electronically. In a diesel engine, the fuel is injected directly into the combustion chamber (direct injection) or into a smaller connected auxiliary chamber (indirect injection). In the spark-ignition engine, the fuel is injected into the air before it enters the combustion chamber by spraying the fuel into the airstream passing through the throttle body (throttle-body injection) or into the air flowing through the port to the intake valve (port injection). See also Combustion chamber.

(3) VTEC

is a timing system designed by Honda Motor Corporation, which is used on a variety of Honda and Acura models in every major automotive market. VTEC stands for Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control. The system was upgraded to i-VTEC in the early 2000s, which added intake camshaft timing adjustment. VTEC implementation differs in different engine families across the Honda and Acura range, thus the i-VTEC implemented in the current R-series Honda engines, for instance, is different than the i-VTEC system equipped on K series engines.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi

I am utterly disgusted at seeing how the senior moderators are treating the new members.You should be ashamed of your selves.They are there to help the members not insult them!I propose a two month ban for Supra_Natural and a permanent ban for Mr. so called grand poobah...

Mr.Manamperi after fixing a DOHC you're car should have 15% more power at the torque range shifter light.whereas the VTEC will boost the blow off valve diffuser pod.EFI by the way is the rear diff actuater spooling anti lag launch controller...You can have the mods at Macvud car styling.

• Like 3

I am utterly disgusted at seeing how the senior moderators are treating the new members.You should be ashamed of your selves.They are there to help the members not insult them!I propose a two month ban for Supra_Natural and a permanent ban for Mr. so called grand poobah...

Who is this so called grand poobah?

BTW, the moderators are supposed to moderate. Answering questions isn't in the job description. We just do that when we can, for fun, not coz its in the job description.

'Heshan Manamperi',

(2) EFI

The pressurized delivery of a metered amount of fuel into the intake airflow or combustion chambers of an internal combustion engine. Metering of the fuel charge may be performed mechanically or electronically. In a diesel engine, the fuel is injected directly into the combustion chamber (direct injection) or into a smaller connected auxiliary chamber (indirect injection). In the spark-ignition engine, the fuel is injected into the air before it enters the combustion chamber by spraying the fuel into the airstream passing through the throttle body (throttle-body injection) or into the air flowing through the port to the intake valve (port injection). See also Combustion chamber.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

How is it EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection, in case your 50 years of polishing didnt net you that information) if the fuel is metered mechanically?

Mr.Manamperi after fixing a DOHC you're car should have 15% more power at the torque range shifter light.whereas the VTEC will boost the blow off valve diffuser pod.EFI by the way is the rear diff actuater spooling anti lag launch controller...You can have the mods at Macvud car styling.

Welcome back, was wondering where you'd vanished off to? New Regime not as interesting as the old days eh? :P

Who is this so called grand poobah?

BTW, the moderators are supposed to moderate. Answering questions isn't in the job description. We just do that when we can, for fun, not coz its in the job description.

I guess you didn't catch on to the irony of his post :P

'Heshan Manamperi',

I did a web such I post same for you, before the moderators replied. At the same time you received 2 posts before my post from the moderators.

I HOPE no offense to the moderators.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

(1) DOHC

file:///C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif

Definition: Double Overhead Camshaft: a DOHC engine has two camshafts in each cylinder head; one camshaft operates the intake valves, the other actuates the exhaust valves.

file:///C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.gif

(2) EFI

(3) VTEC

is a timing system designed by Honda Motor Corporation, which is used on a variety of Honda and Acura models in every major automotive market. VTEC stands for Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control. The system was upgraded to i-VTEC in the early 2000s, which added intake camshaft timing adjustment. VTEC implementation differs in different engine families across the Honda and Acura range, thus the i-VTEC implemented in the current R-series Honda engines, for instance, is different than the i-VTEC system equipped on K series engines.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Thanks Sylvi !

in case you havent heard of it... here's the link to google,

https://www.google.com/

you enter your query in the little box you see, hit enter and it'll search the entire internet for you and answer the question, all in milliseconds!

I know, amazing right? welcome to the future man, it's scary at first but once you get used to it, it will be awesome!

Hay, I thought this forum is a helpful one. I know I can find out anything from Google.So the why you all are in this forum. Thank you idiot. I'm not using this forum any more. Thank you all moderate fools.

How is it EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection, in case your 50 years of polishing didnt net you that information) if the fuel is metered mechanically?

'Supra_Natural',

I will explain that to you mechanically means to my knowledge (what I understand) is using fuel injection pressure is tested by a mechanical device operated in to the each injector end because electronic meters were not developed olden days. Diesel test benches still have mechanical meters for fuel injector calibrations.

I only helped that member by posting that post not to add my post count.

I think your statement of my WINDSHIELD glass-repair and polishing do not relevant to this topic.

Sorry i could not add to this post early the web page I copied that which i give under.

http://www.answers.com/topic/fuel-injection

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi

Hay, I thought this forum is a helpful one. I know I can find out anything from Google.So the why you all are in this forum. Thank you idiot. I'm not using this forum any more. Thank you all moderate fools.

Actually Silvi unkle just copy paste what he found on GOOGLE.

you should try it next time, i heard its fun :)

If you know how to use Google, then why didn't you use it instead of opening a thread? Wikipedia also has excellent explanations for all of the things you needed to know... so what was the point of opening a thread?

Thanks guys for your explanation.

That, apparently is "not using the forum". Don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out...

Why we are all in this forum is not to help lazy fools who are too stupid to use Google.

As an aside, I often wonder how it is that people who are too stupid to use Google go around trying to call other people fools and idiots. :rolleyes:

And thanks for leaving. The forum is better off for not having guys who are too lazy to look up what DOHC, EFI and VTEC means.

I agree with Mr. Masterdon. Mr. Supranatural is bringing down the standards of this forum. You wouldn't see a moderator in an international forum saying "ass" to a new member. Also Mr. Pericles was very rude to the new member. Even Mr. Don wasn't very nice to him. The man asked a serial question and he is nowhere to be found. He is completely ignoring this smart genitalman.

Amen brother JDnet.Our valiant crusade against the new regime has been fruitful already.That power hungry maniac,The Don, is now enjoying a one month ban.I say let that be a lesson to the other two so called moderators.Your time has come to an end.We shall not rest untill this tyrannical regime is overthrown and every noob shall be able to roam free! My brothers who have been cast out,insulted and noobified.I say to you,do not give in to your fear,be strong and join hands with us. United we stand!We are the resistance!

GxNnH.jpg

You guys just make my day!

Mr. Komisiripala,

You are going off topic. Please do not post unwanted garbage on this topic. I know it must be for you to stay on topic because unlike me, you didn't go to a proper school so you can't speak the Queen's England like me. I have 50 years experience in internet. I will report any of your off topic posts to His Honor, Sir, Mr., Our God elected moderator Pericles.

Edited by jdnet
  • Like 1

Mr. Komisiripala,

You are going off topic. Please do not post unwanted garbage on this topic. I know it must be for you to stay on topic because unlike me, you didn't go to a proper school so you can't speak the Queen's England like me. I have 50 years experience in internet. I will report any of your off topic posts to His Honor, Sir, Mr., Our God elected moderator Pericles.

Brother JDnet.Do not fraternize with Komisiripala.He is a traitor to our cause.He is one of them.Infact my trusty rebel spies have informed me that Komisiripala and The Don are lovers.

VIVA LA RESISTANCE!

• Like 1