• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Demio (1997-2000)

aakyl4ever

Hi this is out to all Mazda Demio owners.... Help me out with some details about the DEMIO (1997 - 2000) model.

* Fuel efficiency ???

* Availability of parts???

* Maintenance , any known problems ???

* Comfy & performance ???

* Resell value ???

* Current market price ???

Please share youe experiences about the mazda demio !

I Had Demio 1999 1.3cc manual model. It was good in fuel efficient.

* city limit about 12kmpl / Outstation 15 - 17 kmpl - Its depend on your driving style.

* Parts are not difficult to find. I bought several body parts/ recon parts from Galle town.

* There wasn't any problem with my demio car.

* Nothing bad in comfortable. It is comfortable than other hatch back cars which built in same Ara. Its good for family use.

* No idea about market price.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I am looking to buy a 1st gen Mazda Demio (YOM 2001). the car seems to be looking good and I thought of getting a inspection report from Mazda agents (COLO).

When I spoke to them they strongly suggested not to buy that car as there is no spare parts available in Sri Lanka as well as the after sales value.

I'm confused after their response.

A web article i read says the 1st gen Demio houses the same 1.3L engine used in 323.

Really appreciate all your advises.

I checked with "Rainbow m***rs" in Panchikawatte Rd over the phone, seems engine parts are available, since it has the same engine used in other cars.

One of my friend, who I presume has more knowledge on cars than me said that body parts are scare not the engine parts.

I had 2 Mazda Demio cars (2000 and 2001, both Petrol with Manual transmission)

* Fuel efficiency ??? - 11+ in city / 14+ Outstations
* Availability of parts??? Didn’t have any issues to find
* Maintenance , any known problems ??? didn’t experience any issues.
* Comfy & performance ??? I don’t know about the Auto transmission, but the Manual one was fun to drive and the handling was superb. The ride is comfortable too.
* Resell value ??? didn’t have any issues in selling and actually made a buck out of it :)

in addition to your points, the car is a good value for money and its quite spacy for a hatch back