• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Terios Starting Delay

TechHater

Question

dear all

my brother has a 2008 daihatsu terios. initilly it had a slight delay in start occuring in random.it starts without delay in the morning and immediately after a good ride. but delay most commonly occurs after stopping 2-3 hrs after a drive.it takes about 3-4 cranks before getting started. the problem started in the days of low quality petrol.

he took it to the agents and initially they did a tuneup,but the problem persisted. it was taken back to them after a few months and they did an injector cleaning again.but the problem persists.

he then took it to a different garage.but then it was starting normally and he couldnt demonstrate the problem to the mechnic.

he suggests to do an injector cleaning with ultrasonic device since agents had done it manually

any openions please

9 answers to this question

Check the fuel feed circuit, it seems to me like your vehicle is suffering from mild vapour lock. Starting immediately once the engine is shutdown, there's still residual pressure in the fuel lines and the fuel hasnt had time to vaporise. But let it sit in the hot engine bay for a few hours and voila, vapor lock. Let it sit even longer, till the following morning, engine bay is cool and everything returns to normal.

Edited by terrabytetango

Dear all,

I have KIA spectra auto car and has the same issue, did cleaning Injectors, tuneups but the same then oneday unable to start battery ok and Mechanic told magnet and the wheel ( they call MENDIS WHEEL)of the starter motor is wornofff so unable to connect CRANK and did the repair then its ok some period after one week it start again but after trying two or three times can start so still i couldnt sortout this matter. so im also waiting for good advice from our memebers

thanks .

Dear All,

Yesterday mechanic checked the fuel pump and cleaned the filters actually its blocked but i kept the car at garage to check the start at morning but today morning also the same so what is to be check further this car already done ENGINE TUNEUP, REPLACE SPARK PLUGS, CLEAN INJECTORS , so im tired of this and mechanic told me there will be a electric problem so there may not enough current or correctly not passing current to spark plugs and its due to some loose connection so i told to check that also pls help me what else to be done.

Dear All,

Yesterday mechanic checked the fuel pump and cleaned the filters actually its blocked but i kept the car at garage to check the start at morning but today morning also the same so what is to be check further this car already done ENGINE TUNEUP, REPLACE SPARK PLUGS, CLEAN INJECTORS , so im tired of this and mechanic told me there will be a electric problem so there may not enough current or correctly not passing current to spark plugs and its due to some loose connection so i told to check that also pls help me what else to be done.

Let me tell for the 3rd time,

"Nothing to be done" :)

mmmm.. seriously.

only thing that comes to my mind that i didn't try but was under solution (as far as I remember) when I do hard net searching for hours was changing spark plug wires. Also for that, before change, u knw u can check for continuty by multimeter or something. But even no breaks, i would say possible to get failed under heat.

If all fails, use to live with it as better than spend more n more......