• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mini Q

fiat fan

Hi

I have read all the topics in thi mini forum... i have a good idea on minis now...but 1 thing i need to clarify... Y do ppl say that minis are weekenders only??? almost evrybody says that..but i coudnt ask a user...... and y do ppl call it unreliable??? its a awesome vehicle for me... but y do ppl say it??

And talking about Minis, how's this for a small world. In an AL post a while back I mentioned my old and much-loved 66 Mini - Moke that I had owned 68-70. A couple of weeks back AL admin kindly forwarded me a mail from a guy in England who has recently bought the remains of the car and is rebuilding it with the intention of having it ready in 2014 for the 50th anniversary of the Mokes' 1964 market launch. Brought a lump to my throat as I remembered the fun the car had provided. Tempting me back into the Mini market - and that after I swore that my Triumph 2500 rebuild was going to be my last car renovation ever....suspect the wife will kill me!

• Like 1

Coz people are bloody stupid :)

no seriously, when i was very very young, my dad had a mini cooper. he had the A72 lancer at the same time as well. but he used the mini as a daily runner

i remember going to pre school in a race modified mini daily.,

since most of the mini's now have EFI engines (most of the old mini's i have come across have swaped there engine's) and all. guess it will be even more reliable than those days

Coz people are bloody stupid :)

no seriously, when i was very very young, my dad had a mini cooper. he had the A72 lancer at the same time as well. but he used the mini as a daily runner

i remember going to pre school in a race modified mini daily.,

since most of the mini's now have EFI engines (most of the old mini's i have come across have swaped there engine's) and all. guess it will be even more reliable than those days

Dude even I went to pre school in a green Austin mini. Best memory ever. Loved the smell of that car.

• 3 weeks later...

thank u... i am really relieved... i wanted a fiat 500,but due to the non availability i had to give it up...on the plus side i saved some more dough!!! nows my time to get a beloved mini...thank u

Did not like a 600? Not as cute but better gear change, more oomph, lots of upgrade and mods possible and more availability.

People consider the mini to be weekend cars because of its small size... Heating issues n all!

I use mine daily.... Gotta fix it up tho... Maintain n all. But thats the fun part of owning one... Believe me... Once you get used to driving one... You wouldn't want to drive anything else!

• 3 years later...

Hi Bros,

searching and searching and searching, now found a cooper for a good offer i guess. in good condition, yet no A/C, Plastic Dashboard and no Deep Rims.

the dashboard and the Rims can be replaced later, but my worry is AC. can i have a rough idea about A/C placing and how much will it cost?

the engine is 1000CC which is i guess not a metro one.

Can you please ask all your questions about Mini on one thread?

Fitting an A/C is not expensive. Back in 2006 when I did it, it cost me 20k for the A/C stuff and 15K for the dashboard. If you already have the plastic dashboard with A/C vents, you can use it.

They normally fit Japanese Keicar A/C units or Indian units. There's nothing called original Mini A/C.

Metro engines ARE 1000 CC

Can you please ask all your questions about Mini on one thread?

Fitting an A/C is not expensive. Back in 2006 when I did it, it cost me 20k for the A/C stuff and 15K for the dashboard. If you already have the plastic dashboard with A/C vents, you can use it.

They normally fit Japanese Keicar A/C units or Indian units. There's nothing called original Mini A/C.

Metro engines ARE 1000 CC

I recently asked about an AC for the Capri and was told it will cost around 50K, didn't get a cost breakdown though.