• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Civic Es Or Ek?

chamath1

Question

Hi everyone this is my first forum post and it's reguarding my very own first car :)

When I was a teenager I had the luxury of riding Mitsubishi Pajero (1989), L200, Lancer Box, Nissan N16, Doctor Sunny, Bluebird (Diesel), Peugeot 406,407, Freelander and none of them gave me the beautiful experience of riding a 1995 Vtec Honda Civic Ex (EG) car. I almost learned all the driving tactics on Sri Lankan roads on this vehicle as my father owned it. I loved it's unique balance between horsepower and fuel consumption which was 15kmpl within Kandy city roads. I dreamt of having it for a lifetime but my dad had to sell it as he needed a four wheel for his travels.

Years later I saw the same car in bits and pieces in a garage as the second owner had tried to modify the vehicle in a very cheap form and then met with a major accident and the vehicle had to be sold for parts. I never felt so sad for machine like that before, and here I am now trying to get a same car just to revive my wild and free good times by buying a Civic to myself :)

I truly like to go for an EG but since that model is too old I'm confused with buying either ES or EK series?

My aspects for a good car is:

1. Fuel Consumption (>12 within city limits, >15 on highway)

2. Price < 2.2 Million

3. Low maintennance cost

4. Vtec engine HP>100

5. Sporty Look (optional)

When it comes to fuel efficiency , I heard that Lancer CVT has a good kmpl count (15-18KMPL) but didn't go for it because of the memories I had with a Civic and when it comes to looks Civic wins.

I truly like to go for an EG but since that model is too old I'm confused with buying either ES or EK series. Which one is the best when t comes to my requirement ?

ok mr "BLACK PISS-TONN"

In 121,

you've noting much to consider,

pros - you can drive to jupitor with one fuel tank,

any makabaas is capable of fixing it without hassle.

Spares you can find in any coffee shop , i mean any place which sell Spares,

in case of an accident you can find body parts with exact colour you need so you don't need to repaint it.in same accident if they writte off the car , you can build one from scraps below 1million and re register it with same number.

At the end of course you can place advertisement with all fuel cost+maintenances cost+and the price you brought+the profit you need., somebody will come on early morning before sunrise with cash and take the car, but you'll have to answer nearly million calls and tell you sold it because one out of 5% of sri lankan population tries to buy it.

Cons-nothing - some versions doesn't have "DICKY Light"

So much win!!

"Quick, batman, get the Prius repellant spray!!"

• Like 1

I was well explained about the Es series of Civic by Supra_Natural.

And i was expecting The technical aspects of the Corella 121 and not that i want to make it to jupiter with full tank and it is not my concern . :speechless-smiley-004:

Redirect me if there is any forum topic to compare and contrast with any near models of the Corella series . Can't go wrong in hurry .

I was well explained about the Es series of Civic by Supra_Natural.

And i was expecting The technical aspects of the Corella 121 and not that i want to make it to jupiter with full tank and it is not my concern . :speechless-smiley-004:

Redirect me if there is any forum topic to compare and contrast with any near models of the Corella series . Can't go wrong in hurry .

Why dont you redirect yourself... do a search.. read some exisiting threads

They are all SOHC. The Es5 Automatic has a CVT gearbox, the ES8 and ES1 have normal Auto gearboxes...

Singapore Imports are all used... No one imports brand new from there.

What sort of commend do you want on the FD Hybrid? Aren't they a bit over budget?

Valued Supra_natural

I was Able to find a ES8 Car With VTEC and CVT Gear Box @ AL.

http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=87493

According to your Information a ES8 Cannot hold VTEC and CVT .

Engine Swap ?

Please Guys Help me out to verify this model .i Love Honda Civic and i don't want to go for Toyota 121 .

Valued Supra_natural

I was Able to find a ES8 Car With VTEC and CVT Gear Box @ AL.

http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=87493

According to your Information a ES8 Cannot hold VTEC and CVT .

Engine Swap ?

Please Guys Help me out to verify this model .i Love Honda Civic and i don't want to go for Toyota 121 .

I suppose it didn't occur to you that the seller might have put the wrong model number in the ad? The car in that ad is an ES5, as evidenced by the VTEC and CVT.. Also it's a 2002/2003 model on a KE plate so it's obvious that it is a later import....

Edited by Supra_Natural

Well Well Well . I was able to find some ES8 with manual Gear but they are like 2001 or 2002 models starting with J or G registration number .

And there are new model ES8 cars for sale with K registration number but none of them are manual gear.

Is this mean that there is no more ES8 manual gear cars after 2001 ?

I needed a VTEC but ES5 Got CVT which i don't want to go for it . Is there by any chance that ES5 Comes with Non CVT or Manual Gears ?

and

Is there by any chance that Newer model of ES8 Comes with a MAnual Gear ?

I suppose it didn't occur to you that the seller might have put the wrong model number in the ad? The car in that ad is an ES5, as evidenced by the VTEC and CVT.. Also it's a 2002/2003 model on a KE plate so it's obvious that it is a later import....

Spot on, Supra!

The seller seems to be a bit picky about avoiding the seats on the pics (has chosen to show the carpets instead!). The little bit of the seats visible, shows the cheap Singapore leather. Calling it an ES8, having 'Stafford' branded number plate covers makes me think that perhaps the seller is looking for someone gullible like Blackpiston to offload it.

Edited by Crosswind

Well Well Well . I was able to find some ES8 with manual Gear but they are like 2001 or 2002 models starting with J or G registration number .

And there are new model ES8 cars for sale with K registration number but none of them are manual gear.

I needed a VTEC but ES5 Got CVT which i don't want to go for it . Is there by any chance that ES5 Comes with Non CVT or Manual Gears ?

and

Look man, how much clearer do we have to make this for you?

The ES5 has CVT, full stop. There probably were Manual ES5s made but I don't believe any were ever imported. Blame this on our car market's preference for Autos.

The above was the same reason most ES8s after 2002 were automatics. There were a few 2003/2004 cars that had Manual boxes but they are pretty rare. As far as im aware there are no manuals of the final facelift ES8 but the only way to find out for sure is to give Stafford a call and ask them. Speak to someone in sales and explain what you need, they are usually pretty helpful.

If you want a Manual VTEC you do have an option in the form of the RS (ES3 is the model code). Those are great driver's cars but pretty rare and won't be as economical as the standard versions. There are however a couple of cars on the classifieds right now

Hmmm,I get it Now . As to Conclude there is no newer civic model with VTEC and Manual Gears other than The R type . How Bad luck is it !!

And Finally ,Why People say the Automatic Gear vehicle has good market values than the manual even the Fuel consumption is high in Auto Gears ? :sleeping-smiley-008:

I am So worried about my Vtec Manual Dream ! :sad-smiley-066:

And Finally ,Why People say the Automatic Gear vehicle has good market values than the manual even the Fuel consumption is high in Auto Gears ? :sleeping-smiley-008:

It's not people say , it's a fact.

Autogear vehicles have more demand in srilankan context.

I don't know why ?

Don't get it?

Ok tell us ,

why sky is blue not green ?

Why orange is orange colour ?

Why dog lift a one foot to pee ?

Why bats defacate by mouth ?

Why sheldon cooper is such dumb?

Why your piston at your pubis,instead of forehead which is easy accessible?

Why you have 2 balls not 4/5 ?

Seriously we don't know pal . . . !

Don't try to find too.

Hmmm,I get it Now . As to Conclude there is no newer civic model with VTEC and Manual Gears other than The R type . How Bad luck is it !!

I am So worried about my Vtec Manual Dream ! :sad-smiley-066:

Because as move vehicles have come into Sri Lankan roads with no significant widening of roads and infrastructure, the average city commute now involves crawling at snails pace for about double the time compared to a decade ago. As such people have developed a preference for automatics, as this leads to a more comfortable ride (no need to change gear every 5 seconds, and no ill effects of a heavy clutch on the left foot). Our mechanics have also become better at repairing and maintaining automatic gear boxes. Importers import vehicles they can sell, hence fewer and fewer manuals have been imported in the last decade.

Because as move vehicles have come into Sri Lankan roads with no significant widening of roads and infrastructure, the average city commute now involves crawling at snails pace for about double the time compared to a decade ago. As such people have developed a preference for automatics, as this leads to a more comfortable ride (no need to change gear every 5 seconds, and no ill effects of a heavy clutch on the left foot). Our mechanics have also become better at repairing and maintaining automatic gear boxes. Importers import vehicles they can sell, hence fewer and fewer manuals have been imported in the last decade.

Learn What you Dont know .It not a shame.

This is post is meaningful . Thank you The Don .

ok mr "BLACK PISS-TONN"

In 121,

you've noting much to consider,

pros - you can drive to jupitor with one fuel tank,

any makabaas is capable of fixing it without hassle.

Spares you can find in any coffee shop , i mean any place which sell Spares,

in case of an accident you can find body parts with exact colour you need so you don't need to repaint it.in same accident if they writte off the car , you can build one from scraps below 1million and re register it with same number.

At the end of course you can place advertisement with all fuel cost+maintenances cost+and the price you brought+the profit you need., somebody will come on early morning before sunrise with cash and take the car, but you'll have to answer nearly million calls and tell you sold it because one out of 5% of sri lankan population tries to buy it.

Cons-nothing - some versions doesn't have "DICKY Light"

I so loled at this one :D :D

and

'Blackpiston' There are facelift and pre-facelift manuals and what you lack is the patience.

Buying a used car is not something like buying an apple from a grocery, you have to keep on looking an looking at AL Hit*ad everyday/ week. Civics are good cars which are bought only by enthusiasts, so they don't come into classifieds so often. (I don't have any mind to sell mine for another couple of years or so)

I spent nearly 3 month looking for a Black/ Beige/ Manual ES8 and luckily I got a one for a decent price. Be patient, keep on actively looking, avoid the car sales if you can. Nowadays with high loan interest rates, cars won't get selled so often so if you have the cash in hand, you can be THAT man!

Good luck!

Cool . This sounds Good . I am almost near buying a Car with some sort of Knowledge.

This Forum and the members are rated .

I came to know a car ES8 With Multimatic Transmission. Only Thing is its too Early Model .

Got some points of Multimatic.

http://asia.vtec.net/article/DriveMMT/index.html

*for Somebody who asks what is a Multimatic tansmission is :sleeping-smiley-001:

Wonder if there any other Transmission Type too.

Cool . This sounds Good . I am almost near buying a Car with some sort of Knowledge.

This Forum and the members are rated .

I came to know a car ES8 With Multimatic Transmission. Only Thing is its too Early Model .

Got some points of Multimatic.

http://asia.vtec.net/article/DriveMMT/index.html

*for Somebody who asks what is a Multimatic tansmission is :sleeping-smiley-001:

Wonder if there any other Transmission Type too.

You really are allergic to searching no? Multimatics have been discussed to death on this forum too. Including good tips on maintenance and repair. Look up those threads. And praveen is right. I have a good feeling you'll love it