• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying a new smartphone

Zambo

Using apple iPhones is like using car with a sealed bonnet. for about 25k you can buy a good Huawei with warranty from agents. I have a Huawei 4c and an iPhone 5, the only plus side of the iPhone 5 is the display that has very high pixel density. the new Huawei's are good in build quality and offers many futuristic features.

My best friend had an Iphone 5. After 2 years it wouldnt charge and tge battery started swelling so bad,the screen came off. The rear camera started getting pink issues after 1 years of use. And the rear camera stopped working(it worked once in a while). And the charger cables break quite often. I have seen many apple chargers with broken cables... The screen quality is super though. Even after the screen came off,it was still a very clear display..

And since they are quite old now,most of them have been abused by our local fanboys.. I would second Dushanythas` suggestion. Get a Sony M4 Aqua brand new from the shop for about 27k. You get 2 years warranty. And it has water proofing as well. So added bonus..

My best friend had an Iphone 5. After 2 years it wouldnt charge and tge battery started swelling so bad,the screen came off. The rear camera started getting pink issues after 1 years of use. And the rear camera stopped working(it worked once in a while). And the charger cables break quite often. I have seen many apple chargers with broken cables... The screen quality is super though. Even after the screen came off,it was still a very clear display..

And since they are quite old now,most of them have been abused by our local fanboys.. I would second Dushanythas` suggestion. Get a Sony M4 Aqua brand new from the shop for about 27k. You get 2 years warranty. And it has water proofing as well. So added bonus..

Dushyantha and Fiat - the problem is sony products cannot be used more than 2 years, issues arises. all the aformentioned issues of my current phone came into play in 2 years time... i have been using sony since i was 19 years and i got fed up with all sony products.. this is my 4th sony phone... and the battery wont last for more than 4 hours with data and gps on, thats why i dont wanna go for sony anymore... 4 phones for 8 years...

Using apple iPhones is like using car with a sealed bonnet. for about 25k you can buy a good Huawei with warranty from agents. I have a Huawei 4c and an iPhone 5, the only plus side of the iPhone 5 is the display that has very high pixel density. the new Huawei's are good in build quality and offers many futuristic features.

I dont like the look of huwawei, and also I dont like big screened phones, I like a small one of the size of iphone 4,5 which you dont have to put an effort to hold in your palm...

....I like a small one of the size of iphone 4,5 which you dont have to put an effort to hold in your palm...

And banda BOOM! : "That's what she said..."

Okay jokes aside so just for comparison an isheep iphone5 costs 25k and so how much does an iphone6 cost?

Thanks...

And banda BOOM! : "That's what she said..."

Okay jokes aside so just for comparison an isheep iphone5 costs 25k and so how much does an iphone6 cost?

Thanks...

Jesus Kavvz :D

Didnt check coz even if I check I know its gonna be higher than the i5 and it would be outta my budget range so didnt bother checking :D I just checked the iphone 5s and its 5k higher than the 5, so 6 anyway I didnt wanna check if that makes sense :D

@ PL - machan you're missing a lot of good stuff by deciding not to go with Samsung

Samsung is big machan :D

I usually twist the phone up and down with and between my fingers when im bored sometimes and smaller ones are easy to twist :D

And I dont like the look and the interface and all of samsung.. once again just like the car, I have these kinda non value adding requirements ya know :speechless-smiley-019:

smaller ones are easy to twist :D

Aaand again boom!....That's what she said :D

Okay jokes aside I have a 'big' Samsung. (Samsung S4) And I primarily got it because it was cheaper to buy (vs the comparative apple product). Over the last year or so it has proven to be the most durable phone ever (it has gotten soaked / splashed multiple times whilst in my pockets, has been dropped in the garden overnight etc, and has worked throughout with no issues) Plus it beats the pants off the isheep line for features (gesture control, face recognition, tracking whether I'm looking at the screen, free apps etc..).

And for those interested the quick site has the iphone 6 for sale at around 60k-65k. A Samsung S4 is selling for around 20k and a S5 is selling for about 30k.

No idea about the authenticity, or the reputation of the sellers sampled, I just did a quick search out of curiosity to compare these with a price of a iphone5

Edited by Kavvz

Aaand again boom!....That's what she said :D

Okay jokes aside I have a 'big' Samsung. (Samsung S4) And I primarily got it because it was cheaper to buy (vs the comparative apple product). Over the last year or so it has proven to be the most durable phone ever (it has gotten soaked / splashed multiple times whilst in my pockets, has been dropped in the garden overnight etc, and has worked throughout with no issues) Plus it beats the pants off the isheep line for features (gesture control, face recognition, tracking whether I'm looking at the screen, free apps etc..).

And for those interested the quick site has the iphone 6 for sale at around 60k-65k. A Samsung S4 is selling for around 20k and a S5 is selling for about 30k.

No idea about the authenticity, or the reputation of the sellers sampled, I just did a quick search out of curiosity to compare these with a price of a iphone5

Yep there are used phones for a cheaper price, but I'm looking for an original one with warranty and not a refurbished one.. I know samsung is good, but I don't like it, its like hooking up with a girl I dont like...

so those who have iphones, could you let me know what are the important things I should check at the purchasing time?

Hammmaaa PL are you doing this on purpose man?

BTW the s4 isn't that big compared to some phones that came out in those days Anyways It's kinda good the 'big phone' scene that Samsung kicked off with the

note series is sort of winding down now that companies aren't hell bent on giving out the biggest phone anymore .back in 2013/14 that was the game.

I agree. I have a 'BIG' samsung since 2014...a note variant since I have thing for the stylus. I have not even felt the need to upgrade. Thing is as almost as fast as it was when i got it... it's got six cores and 2gigs of ram..no lags and acceptable battery life considering it's got to power a 5.5 inch screen. I do agree that Touchwiz (the ui on samsung) is a bit outdated and not the best to look at. You can avoid that to some extent by getting a launcher like Google Launcher or even Microsofts 'Arrow' Launcher that gives your phone UI a totally fresh look.

Samsung does have it's drawbacks tho they are horribly slow at pushing out updates. Some of their newest phones still come out with Lollipop. for that price range you can get a really decent Huawei they make some really good hardware for a really low price and beleive me quality isn't compromised. But they too like the other chinese phone makers have this weakness of trying to copy Apple with their ui (EMUI) the end result being a ui that looks like one from a kindergarten. But then again launchers to the rescue.

The M4 Aqua as someone above mentioned is in the price range as well and is quite a good bang for the buck phone. There's tons of more options, genuine Chinese brands have improved quality immensely as well;.

I'm a brand freak so I don't wanna go for any chinese brands, I dont think the M4 aqua will last longer just like the rest of the sony phones I used... plus it looks just like the xperia SP I have now... :)

Yep there are used phones for a cheaper price, but I'm looking for an original one with warranty and not a refurbished one.. I know samsung is good, but I don't like it, its like hooking up with a girl I dont like...

so those who have iphones, could you let me know what are the important things I should check at the purchasing time?

Why would you want an obsolete phone which will not get OS and security updates soon?

Also, Samsung has a LOT of models, large to small. This isn't apple under Jobs with just one phone.

For your budget, look into something called Android One. Probably the best deal you will find. I would have said One Plus X, but I think that is out of your budget. And a bit biggish. And if you want something hardy, Moto has something called the Moto X Force, shatterproof.

And I just found this hilarious add :D

Edited by Pericles

I'm not against Sony phones, I myself have been using a "Sony Xperia U" phone for 3 years without any issues. I also use Samsung. It's ok that you don't like Samsung, but just compare "Sony M4 Aqua" with "Samsung J7" ,since they are both in the same price range and decide what's worth buying.

• Like 1

Why would you want an obsolete phone which will not get OS and security updates soon?

Also, Samsung has a LOT of models, large to small. This isn't apple under Jobs with just one phone.

For your budget, look into something called Android One. Probably the best deal you will find. I would have said One Plus X, but I think that is out of your budget. And a bit biggish. And if you want something hardy, Moto has something called the Moto X Force, shatterproof.

And I just found this hilarious add :D

I compared iphone 5 with iphone 6 in gsmarena.. However it says iphone 5 is also upgradable to iOS 10 which is the same as i6.. so in that case, the OS and security updates arent obsolete yeah?

and that ad is hilarious yo :D

I'm not against Sony phones, I myself have been using a "Sony Xperia U" phone for 3 years without any issues. I also use Samsung. It's ok that you don't like Samsung, but just compare "Sony M4 Aqua" with "Samsung J7" ,since they are both in the same price range and decide what's worth buying.

Just for reference : I noticed theres a 2016 version of the J5 and It's got Android 6.0 running upgraded specs and I think it's cheaper.

Edited by matroska

I had an iPhone 5 with iOS I think 8? And the that felt sluggish. I have noticed that the more you update iPhone the more slower it becomes. I know some people who didn't update their iPhone 5 beyond iOS6 or 7 for this very reason

well i hv used Samsung s4,S5 Iphone 5 , 6 and 6s (Oh iphone displays keep getting cracked even with the lightest of drops)

Build quality, software is better in iphone. But you can get the same features (with little less security) With a Samsung. And i do not think you will be able to find a new iphone 5 all the stuff here will be refurbished rubbish.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="matroska" data-cid="294461" data-time="1467175520">
<p>yup the specially the 630 looks decent bang for the buck</p>
</blockquote>
Tell me about it. The black one with a little touch of brown colour looks dope.

HTC-Desire-630-.jpg

Edited by sathyajithj99

You mean like an Alfa 4C?

well i hv used Samsung s4,S5 Iphone 5 , 6 and 6s (Oh iphone displays keep getting cracked even with the lightest of drops)

Build quality, software is better in iphone. But you can get the same features (with little less security) With a Samsung. And i do not think you will be able to find a new iphone 5 all the stuff here will be refurbished rubbish.

If build quality is good on Iphones, then the screen shouldn't crack so easily, no?

• Like 1