• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying a new smartphone

Zambo

Guys,

This is just FYI. I got a broken screen of my galaxy s duos (6 months old). Though, i could not get the advantage of the warranty, the company charged me 6500.00 Rs to replace the screen. But, in the same time they made the warranty void since i dropped the phone.

I think this is a rubbish policy of J__ K____ to get rid of their responsibilities on a product that they sold.

Its fair that you didnt get it replaced under warranty as you dropped the phone but i dont understand how that voids the warranty :sad-smiley-066:

Guys,

This is just FYI. I got a broken screen of my galaxy s duos (6 months old). Though, i could not get the advantage of the warranty, the company charged me 6500.00 Rs to replace the screen. But, in the same time they made the warranty void since i dropped the phone.

I think this is a rubbish policy of J__ K____ to get rid of their responsibilities on a product that they sold.

If you dropped it for real then the warranty is void, what's the fuss ?

Its fair that you didnt get it replaced under warranty as you dropped the phone but i dont understand how that voids the warranty :sad-smiley-066:

there may be other issues waiting to be happened due to being dropped, they may be taking that into consideration.

Guys,

If you crashed your new car into a wall, you can't get new parts under warranty either. Same situ here.

Guys im in need of a good dual sim phone, carrying two phones around and charging both of them is becoming a bit annoying. Im currently using an Xperia Z and a Huawei G6008

Currently my only option seems like the galaxy grand, i know its nothing even close to the Xperia z im using now but as far as dual sim phones go i think its the only high end device.

Does anyone have hands on experience with a Galaxy grand ?

Also what else are my options, should be dual sim and android :)

Oh, Stiggy...

http://www.androidcentral.com/sony-announces-entry-level-xperia-m

Sony has heard your prayers. Now be patient, this might take a while, knowing Sony.

• 4 months later...

My cousin was looking for a Galaxy SIV few days back and we came across this Korean Galaxy SIV for 26,0000LKR. Unlike the Korean version of SII this had the same model number as the international one, it said GT-I9500. This made me bit suspicious, when i checked out the phone, i found out the camera is horrible although it says 13MP and the accessories no way near the quality of the international version, even the display is different from the international version. If you're looking for a Korean SIV just watchout looks like plenty of probably Chinese SIVs have landed in the name of Korean version

Some parts at the back matches with the "fake version" shiffer posted in the other thread.

Edited by Magnum

Slightly OT, but-

I'm using a Xperia PLAY since July this year (my latest phone after my trusty 3310!) and I bought one of those plastic snap-on cases for it. Now these cases are bulky and makes the already chunky Xperia even chunkier. (It also scratched the glossy Piano Black as well...boo hooo!) I was thinking of getting a vinyl decal for this phone which will cover about 75% of the phone and protect the finish from scratches (after all, I'm used to chucking the good ol' 3310 in the car, onto the table, etc :speechless-smiley-004: ). Do you think it'll work, or should I be a man and abuse this phone?

I would rather abuse it than sticking viynl innit, could cause the phone to over heat slightly

and once it will start to peel off (which it eventually will) it will get more annoying :D

Sony phones do not heat up that much, maybe cuz of their bulky housing

guys ... on the topic, Samsung Galaxy devices there are 3 variants as Made in Korea, Made in China and Made in Vietnam.

Which one would be the better choice? I was trying the Mega 6.3 at Unity and the Vietnam made version was around 54500 and China made version was around 59.

I would go for the Korean(if its a real Korean) i would actually take the Korean over International version even

guys ... on the topic, Samsung Galaxy devices there are 3 variants as Made in Korea, Made in China and Made in Vietnam.

Which one would be the better choice? I was trying the Mega 6.3 at Unity and the Vietnam made version was around 54500 and China made version was around 59.

The next question is how do you know where it really comes from? based on the sticker on the back?