• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying a new smartphone

Zambo

You can't just compare camera quality like that, anyways make sure you get the 2GB ram version. Don't get the 1GB one. The white one looks pretty sexy :-)

I once bought a phone that had many bad reviews. But I still bought it cos I liked it.. Used it for 2 years and it didn't even heat up... I would go for the Aqua M4. Anyway now phones are becoming a trend. Every year a new phone is coming out with soo much upgrades than its predecessors.. So I think you would be tempted for a new phone in about 2 years (Im tempted every 3 months or so. I have used 74 phones to date) And 25k for a phone is peanuts these days. Buggers I know spend 150k plus to get iphones on the release date,just cos its an apple(they dont care about specs and durability) . So I would say go for the Aqua M4, I think it suits your purpose.If its bad ,then you atleast loose 25k rather than 50k on a age old iphone 5s

On 6/30/2016 at 8:41 AM, fiat fan said:

I once bought a phone that had many bad reviews. But I still bought it cos I liked it.. Used it for 2 years and it didn't even heat up... I would go for the Aqua M4. 

Looks like M4 has 2400mAh battery. I find really difficult to manage battery when listening to music even with GPS off and power saving on (Even with a 3000mAh battery).

Just saw Samsung S7 active with whopping 4000mAh battery. Just thinking should i manage with 3000mAh battery connecting to the PC so battery wont die before leaving office or will the S7 active with 4000mAh will survive for about 8 hours of normal use.

I think this would be cheaper than iPhone.

On the other hand i wish android would do a better job in managing resources / battery right? 

Adding specs for S7 Active - S7 Active Specs

KMeeg.

Edited by kmeeg

18 hours ago, kmeeg said:

On the other hand i wish android would do a better job in managing resources / battery right? 

Yup. .. however Marshmallow onward introduces some decent battery saving features. like 'doze' there 3rd party doze-like apps in the play store too.

• 9 months later...

Just got iPhone 7 Plus. On Initial testing;

1. Whats good - battery life is quite better than Samsung Note5.

2. Whats bad - Note 5 had far better low light still pic quality than iPhone 7 plus. (Pics were more warm / yellowish at in door low light). I think its because the image sensor. Note 5 has Sony image sensor vs iPhone 7 plus (haven't checked yet).

3. Whats same - Audio quality on Car audio via bluetooth on Youtube - Sound same (Having said I dnt have high-end audio on my car)

4. Wish it had it -

a. "Fast charging" - Haven't timed yet but it takes too much time to charge.

b. Regular headphone jack - It comes with an adapter, but when you are using Black phone + white adapter + (3rd party) Black color earphones doesn't match at all.

Will see if I could do some more testing on weekend.

9 hours ago, kmeeg said:

Just got iPhone 7 Plus. On Initial testing;

1. Whats good - battery life is quite better than Samsung Note5.

2. Whats bad - Note 5 had far better low light still pic quality than iPhone 7 plus. (Pics were more warm / yellowish at in door low light). I think its because the image sensor. Note 5 has Sony image sensor vs iPhone 7 plus (haven't checked yet).

3. Whats same - Audio quality on Car audio via bluetooth on Youtube - Sound same (Having said I dnt have high-end audio on my car)

4. Wish it had it -

a. "Fast charging" - Haven't timed yet but it takes too much time to charge.

b. Regular headphone jack - It comes with an adapter, but when you are using Black phone + white adapter + (3rd party) Black color earphones doesn't match at all.

Will see if I could do some more testing on weekend.

You should have gone for the s8 Bro. All my friends who bought iphone 7/7 plus are gonna buy S8 and s8 plus! I feel apple is loosing touch of innovation. They just deliver to Show off apple boys IMO

6 hours ago, fiat fan said:

You should have gone for the s8 Bro. All my friends who bought iphone 7/7 plus are gonna buy S8 and s8 plus! I feel apple is loosing touch of innovation. They just deliver to Show off apple boys IMO

I agree that Samsung put lot of features in it but they need to put more attention on optimizing the battery usage and definitely not a fan of the back glass.

Not sure S8 come with a better glass at the back but if you check drop test for Note5 on youtube you can see how delicate that back glass is. Bcos of that I had to use a case and whole point of having a shiny glass is wasted.

Again on another point on battery optimization needless to say Samsung drop the battery size from Note 4 to Note 5 and resulted having a lesser battery life. I don't see the point of reducing battery size while putting better hardware, specially display. BCos of this i had to use Location Service on Wi-Fi / Mobile mode to help safe battery when i'm not using the phone for navigation.

If Samsung doesn't do anything in battery department it might not be good.

The fact that iPhone 7 has a single shared port for charging + headphones is a massive no-go for me. For a music lover who wouldn't opt for wireless audio, this would matter a lot.

As for the risk of shattering glass panels, you can use a tempered glass screen/back panel protector. I'm on my second tempered glass screen protector after it was dropped pretty hard once. The glass screen protector absorbed the shock and shattered leaving the screen intact. My wife's phone (OnePlus X) has a glass at the back too and has two ultra thin tempered glass protectors that have been doing the job for over 2 years now. It doesn't ruin the look of the phone as well. 

Just my two cents. 

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
7 hours ago, kadsa98 said:

Nice! I was considering this but after 9+ years of android I switched to iOS just to see what it's about. So far so good !

For sure ios is very smooth and simple compared to android.

iOS didn't work well for me when it comes to copying photos and videos to my computer and when it comes to managing contacts. I'm so glad I can easily add any item to Google contacts and easily synced with phone now. 

I'm yet to see how the 4300mah battery can keep up. I'm sure that iOS battery management is better,  but too early to tell as I was out of android since 2017. Will see if they have improved it or not. Android tabs however has monster battery life compared to my kiddo's iPad.

Anyways so far feels good to have an android back.

• 1 year later...

Is anyone here using Realme phones? I was looking for a OnePlus, but with no dealer in the country and TRCSL preventing registration of locally purchased non-TRCSL-approved phones, I have no other option. Xiaomi have decent spec-ed phones, but they are littered with signal reception issues. 

• 6 months later...

Pulling up this old thread as I've been out of touch with the latest trends in mobile phones. What would be a 'graceful' downgrade to a mid-ranger from a Samsung Galaxy Note 9? Currently do not have the budget for a flagship.  A mid-ranger with around 6-8 Gigs of RAM and at least 128 GB of storage. The bigger the screen the better. Has anyone been using the Xiaomi's and Pocos - which on paper seem bang for the buck. How good are they in real life? 

50 minutes ago, matroska said:

Pulling up this old thread as I've been out of touch with the latest trends in mobile phones. What would be a 'graceful' downgrade to a mid-ranger from a Samsung Galaxy Note 9? Currently do not have the budget for a flagship.  A mid-ranger with around 6-8 Gigs of RAM and at least 128 GB of storage. The bigger the screen the better. Has anyone been using the Xiaomi's and Pocos - which on paper seem bang for the buck. How good are they in real life? 

Good question, am also in the market for a phone, have had the OnePlus 5T for three years now and now have a crack on the screen after so much of rough use and a few niggles (2 actually). 

Been researching but cant seem to find a worthy replacement yet. The reviews I get on the MI's and Poco is mixed. So yes someone with some knowledge please share your ideas. A mid range for me as well, I prefer a good cam and as long as the phone is not bulky with protruding camera's (classy and stealthy would be my pick)

@matroska machang when you go through the specs you will see that most Xiaomi and Poco phones have the LCD screen over the AMOLED displays and the Poco has the plastic back. My issue was I was comparing them against my current phone and I was thinking that they offer the kind of same options.

I looked at the Redme Note 10 Pro (awesome camera, but reviews say that although you have a 108mp camera it doesnt work as well as a 64mp camera) and the Poco X3 Pro (again the specs are good but reviews are mixed). Being an Oneplus fan I looked at the Nord but again the reviews are not good and the chipset and the camera aint that good compared to my old phone. Other option would be the Oppo due to its relationship with OnePlus, but still confused.

On 9/14/2021 at 12:38 PM, Gummybr said:

@matroska machang when you go through the specs you will see that most Xiaomi and Poco phones have the LCD screen over the AMOLED displays and the Poco has the plastic back. My issue was I was comparing them against my current phone and I was thinking that they offer the kind of same options.

I looked at the Redme Note 10 Pro (awesome camera, but reviews say that although you have a 108mp camera it doesnt work as well as a 64mp camera) and the Poco X3 Pro (again the specs are good but reviews are mixed). Being an Oneplus fan I looked at the Nord but again the reviews are not good and the chipset and the camera aint that good compared to my old phone. Other option would be the Oppo due to its relationship with OnePlus, but still confused.

It seems there will always be some compromise - I'm just thinking I'd be disappointed just when I was when I had to downgrade from a Note3 to a Nokia 6 a few years back. My uncle bought a Redmi Note 10S on Monday - so waiting to have a look at it. I'm also considering the numerous Samsung midrangers too : Wife uses a Samsung M32 for over an year it's an Ok phone for the price.