• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying a new smartphone

Zambo

Have to agree with magnum, the s2 hardware is far more advanced.. Point to note, s3 mini and s2 won't get android 5.0 (key lime pie) when it eventually does come out they are currently on 4.1.2 jelly bean and the last update they will receive is 4.2.2 jelly bean...

Hit this link for more info:

http://www.gsmarena.com/galaxy_s_iii_and_note_ii_to_get_android_50_others_get_stuck_at_422-news-5720.php

what are the drawbacks machan?

Why SII is better...

1. Its a high end phone, not a mid range one like SIII Mini

2. It has a faster processor

3. Better camera

4. Flash support( If im not wrong the new android phones which came out with JB don't support flash)

5. Looks better, specially the white version

6. Bigger display

7. Faster data speed( ofcourse both phones wont be using their max data speed in SL)

8.. SII has Super AMOLED Plus where as SIII Mini has Super AMOLED

9 More camera features

10 As the SII is a high end phone plenty of games will run on it

Why SIII Mini is better

1. More PPI

2. Faster Bluetooth

3. GLONASS GPS

They both have different chipset, just check which ones is better, the Exynos chipset you get in the SII is what is used in high end phones though

A topping condition, full set used would cost you 41K max, the SIII mini might be bit higher than that

bdw whats your budget?

bdw whats your budget?

My budget is 40k-45k. The only thing about the SII is its size. Im not used to BIG phones like the SIII. But the SII looks considerabely smaller than the SIII. Is the SII still available brand new?

My budget is 40k-45k. The only thing about the SII is its size. Im not used to BIG phones like the SIII. But the SII looks considerabely smaller than the SIII. Is the SII still available brand new?

well, this is my idea regarding the phone size. I have been using 3.5" and then move to 4 -> 4.3 -> 4.5 -> 4.6 and now 4,8 with S3. for me, within few hours( few days tops) screen size becomes familiar. and yeah you can find BN ones but i guess you have took a bit. btwn, S3 prices are going down machan. I got a BN one for 56K. and there are BN ones with company warranty for 62K. Just saying :)

Yeah I guess you are right, when the S4 comes out, probably they'll go down a bit more. I should probably use my 6230i for now and save my April bonus+salary to get a SIII :smilie_liebe9:

You want to save your bonus for an S3? With an S4 already on the market?

although the SII is 4.2" its really slim! I wont call it a big phone. it feels smaller than a iphone 4 in your pocket.

as Kalana mentioned, even if the phone is really you'll get used to it soon. when I got my Xperia S it felt really huge, I couldn't use it with one, and now im perfectly fine with it

a brand new SII will go around 47 or 48!

but there were used SIIIs in good condition and full set for 45K

you just have to be patient when buying second hand phones

Members,

I bought a new Android phone as under.Country of origin is not mentioned.

N7100 5.3 Inch Screen 1GHz Dual Core 8MP Camera Android Phone.

Hand carried from Dubai. For SL Rupees 21000.00. No Warranty.

I do not have much knowledge of cellular phones.

Please like to know the price what I paid is correct.?

Indian phone android Micromex A 110 SL 26000.00.large screen.With 1 year warranty.

Chinese phone android LG Optimus L3 E405Sl Rupees 16000.00 small screen. With 1 year warranty.

Both above are with reputed local agents.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Members,

Indian phone android Micromex A 110 SL 26000.00.large screen.With 1 year warranty.

Chinese phone android LG Optimus L3 E405Sl Rupees 16000.00 small screen. With 1 year warranty.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Yayy! :D

Well it should be the Samsung Note II. If it is the real deal yeah! it's worth it :)

EDIT: Dammit! Just noticed the dual core part and the rest :D

Edited by NRX

Members,

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

you bought a Galaxy Note II for 21K?

that's dead cheap!!

did you personally bring this from Dubai?

and how did you find out its N7100?

Members,

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

You've been hoodwinked. Next time try asking before you spend the money.

You've been hoodwinked. Next time try asking before you spend the money.

LOL I just realized that its not the specification of the Note II

yep you have got yourself a fake N7100 Silvi

• Like 1

Members,

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

I'm afraid that you have bought a fake Samsung Note 2 Sylvi.

There are lots of S3's and Note 2's claiming made in Korea by Samsung but most of those are fake. though they run on android, its not even near the original ones. You can feel the difference if you have used an original S3 or note 2 even for 5 mins.

if you don't there are few other ways - fakes does not have camera burst mode. check internal storage. if the phone is 16GB and if its showing exactly 16GB then its fake.

but for me, best way is running a bench marking tool and see the score. i was gonna buy a note 2 and it was fake. but the seller kept saying its original and its made by Samsung originally for Korea :P

So ran a bench marking tool and it scored around 2000. original note 2 supposed to score around 5900. He took back the phone and went away. simple :)

Edited by kalana

There are lots of S3's and Note 2's claiming made in Korea by Samsung but most of those are fake. though they run on android, its not even near the original ones. You can feel the difference if you have used an original S3 or note 2 even for 5 mins.

if you don't there are few other ways - fakes does not have camera burst mode. check internal storage. if the phone is 16GB and if its showing exactly 16GB then its fake.

but for me, best way is running a bench marking tool and see the score. i was gonna buy a note 2 and it was fake. but the seller kept saying its original and its made by Samsung originally for Korea :P

So ran a bench marking tool and it scored around 2000. original note 2 supposed to score around 5900. He took back the phone and went away. simple :)

you must have found this seller either on ###### or safebuy :D

• Like 2

Where can i find such benchmarking tool