• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying a new smartphone

Zambo

I am looking into getting a smart phone from Ebay and three options under $500. They were the Galaxy Nexus, Blackberry touch 9860, and the Samsung Galaxy 2. Can anyone please recommend the best NEW phone with a good memory capacity from these or another brand under $500?

I need a phone with these specifications:

Full Touch screen

Excellent display (3D display also considered for less than $500, no LG please!)

Good memory

Good Resale value

Good Looks

(If anyone has any ideas to add to these as to what else to look for in a good full touch smart phone under $500 (Rs. 55-60k), Please let me know and reccomend me some quality phones,

Edited by Zambo

If you purchase from e-bay, would you be getting a warranty ?

If not, I think its better to get it from a local seller.

You can get your hands on a Galaxy S2 with a warranty for around 65k these days if you search a bit.

PS: Resale value is not a big plus point for phones ! The 2nd hand prices go down like crazy. check the wow classifieds.. its like a dumping ground for 2nd hand phones :(

Edited by bogzy

If you purchase from e-bay, would you be getting a warranty ?

If not, I think its better to get it from a local seller.

You can get your hands on a Galaxy S2 with a warranty for around 65k these days if you search a bit.

PS: Resale value is not a big plus point for phones ! The 2nd hand prices go down like crazy. check the wow classifieds.. its like a dumping ground for 2nd hand phones :(

will be going to US this summer and get one from there, which makes warranty void if i come here again.

SGS 2 is the best from what you have mentioned above. get it and i hope this one is not another future plan of yours :)

yeah i too think SGS2 is the best in his list i have a SGS2 so for it's been a very good phone.

well i will be going the US and from there will get one. since you say aint no resale value. what about the BB 9860 or the nexus. whcih of these are preffered in SL?

do not expect 'good resale value' from phones

SGS2 has atrocious battery life when wireless when wifi and 3g is switched on. I would stay far far away from it. I used my friend's one for a week, barely got through my day with regular use.

SGS2 has atrocious battery life when wireless when wifi and 3g is switched on. I would stay far far away from it. I used my friend's one for a week, barely got through my day with regular use.

Terry any Android phone have VERY low battery life when wifi and 3G is switched on.. but from my experience of using a Sony Ericsson Arc S. HTC Desire S, Samsung Nexus (not the Galaxy Nexus) and Galaxy S2... The Samsung have more battery life..

im not a heavy user. so my Battery life stays around 3-4 days in my SGS2 :)

My Advice also go for the S2

Terry any Android phone have VERY low battery life when wifi and 3G is switched on.. but from my experience of using a Sony Ericsson Arc S. HTC Desire S, Samsung Nexus (not the Galaxy Nexus) and Galaxy S2... The Samsung have more battery life..

Not true. My HTC Desire S lives for a day and a half on a single charge with 3G and WiFi switched on. When in office and home, WiFi takes over, but otherwise it's always 3G.

go for SII. it has memory card slot along with built in memory. but the nexus only has built in memory. and also nexus 32GB is discontinued as per some web sites . also ICS for SII releasing date is today.

but if you can go for Sony Xperia S. it has better 3D.

or if you can wait till 3rd quarter of this year you may able to find Quad Core, Nvidia Tegra 3 devices.

same here mate in my SGS2 battery life easily stays 3 to 4 days . :)

yeap the only thing that kills the battery is games and apps in my case.

Not true. My HTC Desire S lives for a day and a half on a single charge with 3G and WiFi switched on. When in office and home, WiFi takes over, but otherwise it's always 3G.

not in my case it didn't. the phone i had it was the same as other androids in that range for me for me.. (have to admit.. it was the most solid as well)

the battery life stayed for 1.5 - 2 days for me in HTC, ARC S and Galaxy :)

to be honest i dont see a big diffrence compared to the SGS2.. its how u use it that matters.

same here mate in my SGS2 battery life easily stays 3 to 4 days . :)

You guys get 3 to 4 days out of an S2? How?? Mine lasts for about a day and a half, maximum. But then I do use it a lot, and 3g is on most of the time.

You guys get 3 to 4 days out of an S2? How?? Mine lasts for about a day and a half, maximum. But then I do use it a lot, and 3g is on most of the time.

i'm not a heavy user most of the time i use gsm and rarely use 3g and wi-fi and i use low display brightness when i charge my phone when it on battery life drains quickly so i all ways charge my phone when it turn of. :)

well thats good enough i use mine a lot for listening to music,watching videos and for snapping pictures(including HDR ones) with brightness at 50%

it can last for more than day but i charge it every night

bdw with data on it can last for 1 day

lol if thats the case you will kill your self if you use an iPhone!