• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Rim/tire Sizes For Eg8

sammycajer

• 2 weeks later...

Bro.. What about 15'' rims.. will it be OK???

yes you can fix 15 rims to eg8 but if you do so you have to fix low profile tyres to prevent tyre contact with wheel arches(fenders) lower the profile of tyers get harder(uncomfortable) the your ride going to be.

Hey guys, can u tell me the best rim/tire sizes for eg8 ride???

whatever the change you make , try to keep the diameter of the final Tyre similar to original specs, use the above Tyre calculator, just ignore the facts that Tyre shop man says.

• 2 weeks later...

For optimum perormance and look : 185 - 55- R15 : 185 width makes ideal grip (not too much and too litte) and 55 aspect ratio makes a good cusion for our bumpy roads and 15" radius rim will look fantastic !

my one still have OEM sizes..175/70/13.. wht is the best size for handling,performance and fuel effiency.. if i'll going for 15" alloys should i need to put low profile tyres..wht abut 14" ????]

195/55/15

After going through that tyre size comparer, I went down to195/55/15. There's a noticeable difference

Car sits lower. Accelerates faster. Power steering is less impeded. Not ashamed to admit I was a tyre noob. Learned the hard way. If the manufacturer specified something, do a lot of research before you try to better it

Edited by Komisiripala

195/55/15

After going through that tyre size comparer, I went down to195/55/15. There's a noticeable difference

Car sits lower. Accelerates faster. Power steering is less impeded. Not ashamed to admit I was a tyre noob. Learned the hard way. If the manufacturer specified something, do a lot of research before you try to better it

Running on 195/50/15 in my EK3

There is a slight offset on tires and when there is full load the rear tires brushing the wheel arch. I guess It's all about the alloy wheels.

All my friends telling me that the wider tires have impact on fuel economy which I didn't noticed yet.

I dont think it affects fuel economy much. but it gives great grip compared to stock 65/75 profile. Last week i traveled to badulla with 3 adults from Horana in 3hrs 45mins :) (it was the quickest of my all trips to badulla) and still gave me 13.5kmpl. Most important thing for me was no exsessive tyre noises when cornering and had great grip in both wet and dry conditions

Edited by H.C

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
My car has 16" alloy with 195/55/16 tyres and I'm planning to downgrade the size to 15“ like the alloys H.C got...

Advertising in the forum is not allowed. You can normally trade your old rims in when you buy new ones from a shop.