• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

E-Revenue Licence From Www.srilanka.lk

Hiran_j

I recently renewed my revenue licence online using the Government Site = www.srilanka.lk

The facility is available only for Western Province (currently).

And I think its very convenient !

Steps:

1. Go to www.srilanka.lk and register for an account. You will need an email address to register.

2. Then Log-in using the created user account; and you will see a box with heading 'eRevenueLicence'.

Before you process your application online, please ensure that you have

• a valid Insurance Certificate and
  • a Vehicle Emission Test Certificate from any of the supported companies listed below.

Insurance Companies: Asian Alliance Insurance PLC, Am#na Tak#ful PLC, AVIVA NDB Insurance PLC,

c******o Insurance PLC, HNB Assurance PLC, J********i Insurance PLC,

SL I******* Corporation, Union Assurance PLC

Vehicle Emission Test Companies: Clean Co Lanka (Pvt) Ltd, LAUGFS Eco Sri (Pvt) Ltd

A convenience fee (Rs. 80/-) will be charged for using this service.

Please click `First License` to get your first revenue license online, `Renew Licence´ to renew your existing revenue licence or

click `Check Status´ to check the status of your online renewal request.

• Like 1

This has been there for some time now. Will be doing it the 2nd time this month.

Must tell it's quite convenient.

The insurance and emission test records will be in the system.

I think all you have to enter are the vehicle no. and chasis no.

This has been there for some time now. Will be doing it the 2nd time this month.

Must tell it's quite convenient.

The insurance and emission test records will be in the system.

I think all you have to enter are the vehicle no. and chasis no.

+ Previous license number. And selecting the Insurance and emission test company from the list.

Old news, and the topic has already been discussed at length. I even posted a workaround on how you can use your old green test.

It's actually not a bug in the system, the word is "one license per one smoke test " thingy isn't gazetted, hence the possibility :)

Edited by NRX

Although it is a very convenient way of obtaining your revenue license, if you need a duplicate - as I did once - it can be a real pain to get one. A trip to the renewal office in Maligawatte proved frustrating as they had no record of the internet issued license, depsite a photocopy being provided. Only after many wasted hours was I able to have the issue sorted out, but most staff memebers seem to be clueless as to the online method of renewal.

Edited by esdeez

Although it is a very convenient way of obtaining your revenue license, if you need a duplicate - as I did once - it can be a real pain to get one. A trip to the renewal office in Maligawatte proved frustrating as they had no record of the internet issued license, depsite a photocopy being provided. Only after many wasted hours was I able to have the issue sorted out, but most staff memebers seem to be clueless as to the online method of renewal.

Was this sometime back ?

• 5 years later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Up until recently, applying for the renewal  of  the revenue license online was possible as long as the emission report had not expired.

This was a convenience as most of us would apply for the revenue license and the get the emission report when it actually expires.

However now they have changed the rule, now the emission report issue date must be less than 60 days  at the point of applying for the renewal. Apparently they put this logic in place to prevent people from getting 2 revenue licenses with one emission report.

I was able to apply for RL only after a new emission test even though my old report was valid for another 6 months. 

Also there was no carbon tax.

Aiyo, I’ve been enjoying this from the inception of e revenue license service. Anyways, just thought to share something I experienced when I was trying to get the revenue license for my EX this time.

When I bought the car last year , it had the revenue license up to October this year. So when it was about to expire I tried to renew it through this service but cloud not proceed with it. So I contacted 1919 and reported my issue. They informed that since my car has changed provinces (it was in southern province previously) this instance I have to get the revenue license done the old fashioned way.

i didn’t know this previously, as it was last moment I tried it, I didn’t have enough time to go a divisional secretariat office to get the license renewed.

Couple of days later I got caught at the Athurugiriya (Or Thalawathugoda I can’t remember) expressway entrance without the revenue license plus an expired emissions certificate.

After a spot fine and a surcharge for late renewal I got the license renewed later on.

However I was not asked to pay the carbon tax.

Hope this helps someone to avoid this hassle in future..

Cheers!!!